I feel soooo old!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Gorman
I'm in a little bit of shock today. One of the girls I taught swimming lessons to when I was in high school is graduating THIS YEAR! I almost died when I heard that... this can't be possible.... she can't possibly be more then 12! My grandfather was right... where the heck does the time go? One of my best friends is an elementary teacher and felt very old when the kids she initially taught got into high school. Before ya now it we will be celebrating the big 3 0! Okay my rant is over... I feel some better .
March 27th, 2007, 07:50 AM
sarabella
lol I'm already 30. I'll be turning 31, 3 weeks before my daughter is born. =P
March 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Gorman
So did 30 hit you like a brick or was it no big deal? I said we will be turning the big 3 0 before we know it, but then I realized that my friend who teaches is already over 30... lol. She would be flattered to know that I mentioned she wasn't 30 yet...
March 27th, 2007, 08:13 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm 21 in may.... i'm not even old enough to drink in the states. i wont pretend i know how you feel!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 27th, 2007, 08:21 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am only going to be 25 this year but I already feel so old. There are so many things I haven't gotten to accomplish yet.

ARGH, where does the time go?!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
March 27th, 2007, 09:42 AM
sarabella
Quote:
So did 30 hit you like a brick or was it no big deal? I said we will be turning the big 3 0 before we know it, but then I realized that my friend who teaches is already over 30... lol. She would be flattered to know that I mentioned she wasn't 30 yet... [/b]
lol yeah it was pretty surreal. I always thought 30 was soooo old but I don't feel old at all. I still feel the same I did when I was 25.

I did ask my family and friends not to throw me any parties or celebrations though. I was rather depressed about turning 30 and just wanted the birthday to pass by quietly. Luckily, they respected that and it just went by like any other day.
March 27th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Gorman
I thought about letting the birthday go by quietly, but I decided that I'm gonna make it big. I'm sure that my family will surprise me with something. We always have really fun parties that no kids should probably go to... . I'm sure it will be fine and I do feel very young and plan on feeling young for a long time to come. I'm one of those annoying energetic people that gets up early so I don't miss any single part of the daylight... life is just too short to miss out on anything. However, like you, I love to read. What kind of books to you like to read?
March 27th, 2007, 10:29 AM
sarabella
I will read anything I can get my hands on. I love romance, fantasy, vampire, etc. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors as is Danielle Steele, VC Andrews, Barbara Delinsky, and many more.
March 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Gorman
Quote:
I will read anything I can get my hands on. I love romance, fantasy, vampire, etc. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors as is Danielle Steele, VC Andrews, Barbara Delinsky, and many more.[/b]

I'm not a huge romance fan, but I love Nicholas Sparks. I was told to read the book When Madelaine was Young. I guess it is really good. I don't know who the author is though.
March 27th, 2007, 11:32 AM
sarabella
I've never heard of that but I just finished a fabulous book, 5 People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Adams (I think that's the author). I didn't want it to end. It was very moving and incredible!
March 28th, 2007, 05:05 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i bawled like a baby after reading that book. it changed my outlook on life completely.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a tough time turning 29. Then when I turned 30 I had my fiance take me out of town for my birthday. We hung out on the beach for 3 days and celebrated my birthday just the 2 of us... I didn't want a big party.

Now I'll be 31 this may.. and a mommy! Can't believe how much life changed the year I turned 30.

I used to be a teacher.. taught for 7 yrs. My first class of kids graduate this year! It is so crazy! If I saw them now I wouldn't recongnize them! I still picture them as little 10 and 11 yr olds!

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 30th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Gorman
Quote:
I had a tough time turning 29. Then when I turned 30 I had my fiance take me out of town for my birthday. We hung out on the beach for 3 days and celebrated my birthday just the 2 of us... I didn't want a big party.

Now I'll be 31 this may.. and a mommy! Can't believe how much life changed the year I turned 30.

I used to be a teacher.. taught for 7 yrs. My first class of kids graduate this year! It is so crazy! If I saw them now I wouldn't recongnize them! I still picture them as little 10 and 11 yr olds![/b]

Sounds like a nice 30th to me! It's amazing how fast they grow up and before I know it my kids will be grown too - yikes! Jaiden is a 2nd grader this year and Jesse will start kindergarten in the fall (I pity his teacher ), it is just hard to believe how fast the time goes!
March 30th, 2007, 08:26 PM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
My baby cousin I remember holding when she was a newborn got her drivers license last year... That made me feel old and I'm just about to be 23... (does the math in her head because she can't remember how old she is now) ... yup... I'll be 23... I just wish I wouldn't have wasted the last 6 years of life being crazy and following my heart... I wish I would have gone to school and done something with myself... I hate running into people I knew in school and they have become something great and the only thing I have to be proud of is my son... and there's my rant.. lol... lil off topic but I believe ya'll will forgive me...

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>
March 31st, 2007, 06:51 AM
Gorman
Quote:
My baby cousin I remember holding when she was a newborn got her drivers license last year... That made me feel old and I'm just about to be 23... (does the math in her head because she can't remember how old she is now) ... yup... I'll be 23... I just wish I wouldn't have wasted the last 6 years of life being crazy and following my heart... I wish I would have gone to school and done something with myself... I hate running into people I knew in school and they have become something great and the only thing I have to be proud of is my son... and there's my rant.. lol... lil off topic but I believe ya'll will forgive me...[/b]
It's never too late to go back to school... trust me! I had my first son at 19. I went back to college and did great. While I was still in school I had two more children (and I worked). I didn't want my kids to be too far apart, so I decided to have more. I don't regret any of my decisions. If I wouldn't have had any children, I think I would probably have become a professional student I really love school and I never feel like I can go far enough. I hope that someday my kids can look up to me and realize how hard I worked and that school is possible no matter what is going on in your life... if they don't go to college I think they know my size 9 is going to be you know where . Always keep all doors open for yourself... pretty much anything is possible if you put your mind to it and you seem like a very intellegent girl! You have the most important thing to be proud of - little Carson! To me that is the peak of proudness - it doesn't get much better that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search