I'm quitting my job!!!!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2007, 08:46 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm just not able to stand for 7 hours straight anymore. my back hurts so bad and my belly is starting to cramp, so to hell with it, i'm packing it in. plus i have exams coming up which really need my full attention.

any of you pregnant mammas decided when to give up work?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 28th, 2007, 08:53 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Congrats on quitting your job! (I think?) I wish I could quit mine. I want to so badly. I know I will be leaving once I begin to show...my boss has no idea I'm pregnant and I don't want him to find out. I'm just trying to work until I can't anymore. I wish it was sooner.

</div>
March 28th, 2007, 08:55 AM
i decided to do that too. i thought i'd be able to do it till the end of april at least, but i'm just not able to do it anymore.

can i ask what kinda work you do?

March 28th, 2007, 08:59 AM
sarabella
Every morning, I wish I could quit my job. I want to so bad. I'd give anything to stay home and be able to nap and not be exhausted by the end of the day.
March 28th, 2007, 09:03 AM
you feeling so sick must not be easy either.

March 28th, 2007, 09:11 AM
sarabella
The HG has eased up a bit. It's really only bad first thing in the morning now unless I can wake up naturally on my own.
March 28th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Gorman
I stopped working full-time when I was about 10-weeks pregnant. I just couldn't keep up because I was so sick. I now work 3 days a week from 8-5. I love what I do and it is just enough time to keep me happy.
March 28th, 2007, 10:09 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
While it would be nice to not work I could never quit my job because I LOVE it too much.

I do wish though I could take off work while I am pregnant and then maybe 3 months after I have the baby. I really could never just quit and not have a job though.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
March 28th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Mommy2AvaRose's Avatar Super Momma
Quote:
Congrats on quitting your job! (I think?) I wish I could quit mine. I want to so badly. I know I will be leaving once I begin to show...my boss has no idea I'm pregnant and I don't want him to find out. I'm just trying to work until I can't anymore. I wish it was sooner. [/b]
I am with you 100% on this one. I would LOVE to leave my job, but I can't due to lack of money And my job is so hectic, I do so much work, and had parttime, now they keep giving me 40 hour weeks because everyone is quitting. Its too much, and when I am like 7-8 months pregnant there is NO way that I will beable to do it. I am gonna ask if I can be on register till I deliver, and if they disagree, I will walk.

March 28th, 2007, 01:55 PM
sarabella
I love my job but there are days when I'd so much rather be home relaxing then in this sometimes stressful environment but I need the insurance!
March 29th, 2007, 03:56 AM
its so hard to work while pregnant. apart from the physical exhaustion, all i wanna do is be at home getting ready for the baby. must be a nesting thing!

now i've handed in my notice i know i'm gonna miss it, i enjoyed the company, i dont have many friends.
only 3 more shift left and i'm officially unemployed!

March 29th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I worked 3 part-time jobs throughout my pregnancy. All were easy, low stress jobs. The only reason why I even stopped working at 38 weeks was because I had to get the nursery done at some time!

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

March 29th, 2007, 04:32 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Quote:
i decided to do that too. i thought i'd be able to do it till the end of april at least, but i'm just not able to do it anymore.

can i ask what kinda work you do?[/b]
I work as a receptionist. Well, I'm pretty much the "do-everything" girl at the office. My boss is an architect and jeweler. (weird combination!) He makes me do everything from running errands to gold plating jewelry to fixing his computer! How are you feeling?

</div>
March 30th, 2007, 04:10 AM
as long as you can sit down throughout the day you wont be too bad. its the standing for 7hours that just wreaked me.

i feel good, have to work tonight and wed night, but after that i'm done!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search