Advice

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2007, 07:45 AM
Veteran
Okay, well I'm relatively new to these forums, but I feel like I need to unload a few things. You see I think I'm pregnant, but I'm not sure. I know its a good possibility, and that's the scary part. I've been tracking my menstrual cycles on MyMonthly.com since August 2006 and the cycles average 33 days in length. My period was due today (31 March 2007) and it has yet to show, it's 10:30pm at night. Now normally I get my period the day its due or the day before. I plan on waiting a few days just to be sure before picking up a test.

The thing is though, I know my husband probably won't be all to happy about my being pregnant. I don't know, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want another child so soon. We currently have a 15 month old son. Hubby said to me the other night that he was thinking that this time next year we'd start trying to conceive our second child. But here I am possibly pregnant, and ##### scared of telling him.

How soon, does a home pregnancy test give accurate results? I'd rather test and know for sure, so I can figure out how I'm going to tell my husband.

As for any other signs, well there are none, aside from being a little more tired than usual.

</div>
March 31st, 2007, 07:58 AM
sarabella
I honestly didn't notice any difference in my body at all until my period was over a week late. I didn't even notice it was late until I got really sick. Oops. I was already 6 weeks pregnant by then apparently.

I wouldn't worry too much until you are more than 1 day late. Give it a few more days to a week and then go buy a test and see. Periods are fickle things, they don't always come when you expect it, even when you are regular.

Stressing about possibly being pregnant will only make your period later as well so try not to stress about it or think about it too much until you've given it a few days.
March 31st, 2007, 08:07 AM
Veteran
Thanks. Yeah I'm just going to let things go a while. I'll wait until Monday to buy a test. I really don't want to alert hubby until I've tested.

I was the same way with my son. Didn't notice anything at all, until the point where I wasn't sure when I'd last had a period. By then I was five weeks pregnant.

</div>
March 31st, 2007, 09:10 AM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your husband is open to the idea of another child I really think he'd be okay. He obviously wants one right? =)

I was a day late when I found out I was pregnant. I didn't realize I was late.. I just wasn't feeling well. COnstant headaches, so sleepy, my back hurt and my skin broke out bad! My fiance said jokingly, "maybe you are pregnant." I said, "No! I don't get pregnant." I thought about it and realized I was late and realized I was feeling all the signs of either the flu or pregnancy so I got a home pregnancy test the next day and 4 pregnancy tests later I finally believed the positive results. Now I'm due in 11 days.

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
March 31st, 2007, 09:36 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i didnt know i was pregnant either until i started vomiting every morning. I was almost 9 weeks pregnant by then.

if your husband does want another baby then he'll come around to the idea. i dont know what your situation is like atm, but a baby is a baby and whether planned or not, so long as its wanted everything has a way of working itself out.

Keep us updated. and good luck

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 31st, 2007, 09:49 AM
Veteran
Thanks all. I don't think it's that he doesn't want another child, because I know he does. I think he's just worried that we won't cope financially. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't think so rationally.

</div>
March 31st, 2007, 09:39 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
You never know how your husband will react until you tell him! Maybe you are wrong about him being worried/upset about the new baby. You never know--he might be *so* excited. If you are pregnant you could do something really cute to tell him. That might make it easier. Good luck!

</div>
April 1st, 2007, 04:56 AM
Veteran
Okay, so my period still hasn't shown up. I am now a day late. I realise hubby may be happy with having another child. But I also remember a conversation we had, back when my son Xander, was about 9 months old, and 2 weeks late. Turns out it was just my cycle re-adjusting after the birth of my son. He wasn't ready then, and was all for an abortion. I didn't want one then, and if I am pregnant, I certainly don't want one now. I know back then he was worried about how I'd cope with 2 kids so close in age. I just can't help wondering if he'll bring it up again. For me, Just shy of two years apart is ideal. They'll be close enough in age that they'll get along. I've seen too many siblings further apart in age, that don't. I don't want that for my kids. My sister and I are only 11 months apart in age, and we're great friends. Am I being unrealistic, should I too be looking at the financial side of things, as I know my husband is?

</div>
April 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM
men are the natural bread winners in a household, so finance will always be his first worry. once he gets that sorted in his head he'll start looking at all the other things.

I dont think that money is the only thing to be considered when deciding to have a baby. finance matters always have a way of working themselves out, even if things have to be really tight for a while, a new baby is always worth it.

April 1st, 2007, 09:58 AM
Veteran
So I told him, maybe half an hour ago, when he came to bed. Now he's asleep and I'm awake, not that I could sleep if I tried. It's the same thing over again. The same reasons, the same decision. Yet he doesn't want to be the bad guy. He doesn't want to force me into having an abortion, and yet I know ###### well that's what he'd prefer. He'd prefer to not have to deal with this right now. I told him we'd wait until I've tested. Which will mean tomorrow, I think. Why do I feel so crappy, all because I can't give in to his way of thinking?

</div>
April 1st, 2007, 03:15 PM
sarabella
In my opinion, you are worrying over something that might not be a reality at this point.

Don't stress and worry until you get a positive result on the test. If it's negative, you just put yourself through alot more then you actually needed to.
April 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
i admire you for knowing your own mind and that you wont give into his preference of having an abortion.

he'll come around. I just know it.

keep us updated!

April 2nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
Veteran
Thanks all. I tested yesterday afternoon and it came out negative. Still no period though, and I drank a bit of water, which I've read can dilute the hCG levels. Also the afternoon may not have been the best time. Argh! This is driving me crazy. I think hubby will come around. He's worried about money, but he does want more kids. He said so himself today.

</div>
April 3rd, 2007, 04:08 AM
you should use your first morning urine, it has the highest concentration of hcg.
maybe try again to be sure and if still no period you should go to a doctor.

April 3rd, 2007, 07:14 AM
Veteran
Yep that's the plan. Currently trying to wait until Saturday to re-test.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search