Midwives

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2007, 04:21 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how do you feel about yours? BTDT moms, did you like yours?

I met the midwife that'll be with me the whole way thru the birth today. I love her! she's fantastic! i feel so muich more confident about things now. she really put my mind at rest and i know she'll be such a comfort during labour!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
April 3rd, 2007, 08:53 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I'm so scared to not give birth in a hospital. I was really interested in talking to a mid-wife but I just really don't know. How did you do decide to go that route instead of a hospital?

</div>
April 4th, 2007, 10:08 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
I loved my midwife! She was awesome, but when i gave birth the midwife on call was not the one i was use to she was really nice and let me have my baby the way i wanted. She was great.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
April 6th, 2007, 07:39 AM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
I was seeing a midwife but she wasn't a midwife like I wanted... They were based inside a hospital and the only thing they really did different was water laboring... yeah not water birth because the director of peds at the hospital would never let a baby be born underwater at his hospital... but I left them after seeing them from 2 months to 9 months because they just didn't listen to me when I said I was in pain or that I was worried about something... Good thing too... a present from my baby's father they call HPV (no i don't mean HIV) had been present for my entire pregnancy and they never caught it... my dr. caught it first hand... But i say if you can find a real Midwife... go for it! I went thru my labor mostly with 2 hours of real pain releif and that ended before i was pushing so I think it could be done with the help of other methods... wow thats a long post.. lol

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>
April 6th, 2007, 08:11 AM
sarabella
HPV can only be detected through PAP smears and takes awhile to develop and show up, sometimes years. There are over 20 strains of HPV as well, some leading to genital warts, some (like in my case) lead to cervical cancer. Most will go away on their own, but some need more aggressive treatment, in my case, I need to see an oncologist during my pregnancy (haven't called yet bc I'm too afraid) and will have to have surgery after the baby is born to remove the affected cells. During my latest colposcopy (I'm having them every couple months since they discovered it in December but without biopsies presently), my OB was in shock at how rapidly the abnormal, precancerous cells had spread and said she'd never seen so many affect such a large area, they are normally centralized in one location, mine are apparently covering my entire cervix. She prefers not to do biopsies during pregnancy because they are extremely risky to the pregnancy and has referred me to a gynecological oncologist (who I haven't called yet =/) who specializes in this who may want to do a biopsy. But according to my OB, she wants it monitored in case it can't wait the 5 more months left in my pregnancy since it's developing so rapidly. =/ I guess I should call...
April 6th, 2007, 09:53 AM
eh i'm kinda confused. who delivers your babies? a midwife will deliver mine and a student midwife will stay with me thru the entire labour. in a hospital. unless there is a serious complication an OB will not be involved.

sara, call the oncologist!

April 6th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Gorman
So, doctors themselves don't do the delivery there, just a midwife? That is really interesting - I has no idea. Are you interested in pain relief first time mom?
April 9th, 2007, 08:52 AM
no, if theres a complication then there is a doctor on call (well, more than one probably) but all going well a midwife is more than able.

I intend on going completely natural, but i've never done this before so i may very well change my mind!
There is a seperate doctor who administers pain relief like epidurals and such. if i want it then theres no problem.

April 9th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Gorman
It's amazing how different things are in other places. I thought we were all the same I guess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search