What made you test?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2004, 05:01 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since you werent planning on a baby, what made you take a pregnancy test?

October 26th, 2004, 05:02 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My period was like 1 or 2 days late I dont remember. But for like a week or so before I tested I had this gut feeling that I was pregnant.

October 26th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, my b/f works for a nonprofit christan orgainization, who have fired people for premartial sex/pregnanacy. And because I havn't been feeling well, he started to get worried, ange I just wanted to be sure one way or another.
October 26th, 2004, 05:43 AM
zonapellucida
I was having what I though were period cramps form hell--then the day I was due came..........and went. I thought because I was still BF that AF just went away again waited a couple more days and tested. After 8 tests I was convinced--I DID keep looking for the NOT on the digital test LOL
October 26th, 2004, 07:39 AM
kjomomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kjomomma
I was 8 weeks late but not worried b/c that's normal for me anyway. I thought i had the flu but when i realizd that evrytime i ate i felt better for a while dh startd telling me i was preg. i took the test just to prove him wrong and go back to bed. it didn't quite work out that way. i have always known i was preg almost right away. this one threw me a little. lol
kelly
Bryce(8)
Kyndal (6)
Alayna(3)
And Rayanna (2)
October 26th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Sweet Louison's Avatar Veteran
i tested on the day that AF was due....we didn't use anything one day that month and i really didn't think anything of it...buti had no pre-AF symptoms so it seemed kinda wierd...and i was pregnant...quite a shock....we wanted to wait at least 9 more months before we even started trying..

so i guess the moral of the story is you play with fire you get burned......or

you have sex without birthcontrol...you get pregnant

Hollie
October 26th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by TylerJ1029@Oct 26 2004, 07:01 AM
Since you werent planning on a baby, what made you take a pregnancy test?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I am very pettite.. 100lbs 4'11
and i started getting the worst cramps i've ever had.. i didnt think it was normal since i wasnt supposed to start getting them for a week or so.. and i was in work and the guy a few desks down had gotten Mcdonalds.. and it made me gag.. smelled like the worst thing in the world.. so i thought maybe i should test..
October 26th, 2004, 02:44 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
I new AF was due, but no PMS or anything. No moodiness, headaches, cramps, nothing! I waited one week after AF should have been there, still had no symptoms, so I tested. It was + obviously!
October 30th, 2004, 02:15 PM
GraceC2's Avatar Veteran
I was about a month or so late which is not unusual for me but I just had a feeling. Been having sort of that achy feeling alot too the past week or two and with my first two pregnancies, morning sickness set in very early in the game so it was definitely kind of a deja vu!

November 1st, 2004, 11:39 AM
nat81
I was about 3 days late (and on the pill) so that didn't make sense... plus,I was never late. The first day I realized I was late, I just knew so when I tested 3 days later I wasn't really shocked to see it was positive... but my bf was!
July 5th, 2005, 07:36 AM
bebe-v-j's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was three days late so decided to see if I was pregnant. Did a test on June 28 and it said I wasn't pregnant so redid it on July 1st and July 4th and both of those said I am preg. Going to the Dr. today or tomorrow to find out for sure, wish me luck! (now a week late)
July 5th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom2B*L*T
I was on the pill, but just had this wierd feeling and kept telling myself I was. I was 3 days late... tested and got a neg. Waited another week and still hadn't started so I tested again and it was positive!

<div align='center'></div>Siggy made by dettmer26- thank you!</div>
July 5th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I didn't think to test. I was at my gyno for my yearly pap, and she asked when my last period was. It was at that point that it dawned on me I was about a week late. She did a test right there, and when it came back positive, I went out and got about 5 other tests just to make sure!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 5th, 2005, 05:57 PM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
Well I didnt test.. I found out at the ER because I was having really bad cramps.... I wouldve never thought I was pregnant until the doctor told me... I didnt even realize I messed my period by a whole month

July 6th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Veteran
I had gotten back from a trip to Vegas with DH, and I had been feeling weird the whole time. I had to wear a sports bra tank under my shirt fr the flight out there because my boobs were so sore. My period had been missing in action for about a week and I had a serious craving for orange soda one afternoon on the trip. So when I got back, I looked up early pregnancy symptoms on the internet and found one site where women kept commenting that it felt like their period was about to start any second, but it never did, which is exactly how I felt. That afternoon, I got the test and made myself take it. It was Valentine's day, so that was DH's gift. He still has the stick.
July 7th, 2005, 09:12 PM
I first started feeling a little achy and unusually exhausted...I just felt wierd like I hadn't slept in days and like I could never get enough sleep. Before I even looked up the early pregnancy symptoms I just had this feeling that I was pregnant and no matter how much I told myself "nah, i'm not, i'm not" I still had that feeling deep down inside that I was pregnant. I already began thinking of how I would deal with it and by the time I saw the positive sign on the test, I was smiling.
July 8th, 2005, 08:43 PM
kraeon's Avatar Super Mommy
even though we were using comdoms and BC...i just knew and no period came...so i was confused by so many neg tests
July 8th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didnt take a test i knew i was pregnant the first day i had morning sickness, but later on feburary 28th i got a test done for proof
July 9th, 2005, 08:19 PM
CBMS
I was playing pogo late one night and got a snack: a blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese and grape jam AND a piece of cinnamon toast (which I don't usually like). Then the next morning, my doggie (who I've had for eleven years) was acting VERY WEIRD. I sat down and thought about the snack the night before and the dog, and realized I was two days late and that my BBs hurt, and I decided to get a test. I was shocked. DH and I had been so busy that we'd only ML ONCE in the previous month and a half!!! Go freaking figure....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search