Hello.. I'm new... With huge issue...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Regular
I'm so glad I found this site.

Pardon me if this my post gets too boring, I just need to vent today. Thanks for reading.

Here's my story...

I'm 26 yrs old and my bf is 29. He already have a 6 yr old son. I live in NYC and he lives in Connecticut, we've been together for only 6 months. I'm a week delayed on my period and was getting real worried so I told my bf that I will take a EPT today. I'm positive pregnant. I called him immediately and told him that I am pregnant. He's not happy about it. He said he don't wanna go through with what he went through with his son and that now, he hates his son's mother. I told him we're both grown now and it does not mean that he or we will have to go through whatver he went through before. He wouldn't listen. He keeps saying I've already made up my mind so I don't need to ask nor talk to him. He said he want us to want to have a baby, not an accident. He works part time and I have a pretty decent full time job, so I'm sure we both can handle this situation as adults. At first he wouldn't tell me straight up to have an abortion, but last time I spoke to him today, he said "I think you should cancel the pregnancy." I don't wanna go through that again. Yes, again. I've had an abortion when I was 21 and I refuse to go through that emotional and physical stress. And even up to now, I still couldn't forgive myself about it. I'm so torn. Another issue is that I belong to a conservative Christian family, my father is a church minister. And I am not sure how my family would react towards this and accept my pregnancy. I'm at work right now, and crying my eyeballs out. And I have classes tonight w/ a midterm exam. I'm torn.. Is it better if I tell him how I'm feeling about having an abortion AGAIN? Or would it make the situation far worse and I'm better off keeping it to myself?

Any insights and kind words are very much appreciated. Thank you so much for reading.

Joyce
April 6th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you do not want to have another abortion then don't. You are an adult and it is your decision. He may come around eventually and even if he doesn't it should be your decision.
April 6th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Tikka's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
If you do not want to have another abortion then don't. You are an adult and it is your decision. He may come around eventually and even if he doesn't it should be your decision.[/b]
I agree... you are a grown woman. If getting one goes against what your heart wants then you will undoubtbly have a very hard time with it afterwards. I was pressured into one and took nearly two years to recovered

Do what is right for you and right for your baby. Often we hear of men who panic and largely this sounds what your guy is doing. It is clear that your relationship with him is not the same as that of his ex but panic makes people think crazy things. Again make your actions with yourself and your child in mind and it is a fair bet that he'll come around

Stay strong

April 7th, 2007, 03:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hang in there girl - sounds like you have already made up your mind - and i agree with previous posters - you are a grown woman if you don't want to have an abortion, then DON"T. If he comes around then he does and if he doesn't then that is ok too -
just do what is best for you and your baby - maybe he just needs some time to let the news settle, try not to argue about it, just let him get used to the idea and go from there

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search