pain relief

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i know this is a very contoversial topic, but are you planning on getting an epidural or do you wanna go naturally?
BTDT moms, did you go natural or did you opt for relief?

i want to do my best to go naturally.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
April 17th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had an epidural. With my first I was throwing up/had the runs from the pain. With my second I toughed it until I was 5 cm and my doctor told me I needed to have done if I wanted one. I had an emergency c-section so I was glad I did it. Otherwise they would have had to put me under. The third was a planned c-section so I had a spinal.
April 17th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i want to try to do it naturally, but i will get some kind of relief if i cannot take the pain.

i am not sure if i want an epidural though... kind of scared of getting something in my spine.

April 17th, 2007, 04:57 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
i got the epidural. I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I had to wait 30 to 45 min to get home and then a 30 to 45 min drive to the hospital on bumpy roads. That was enough pain for me. I plan on getting another epidural with this baby also.

April 17th, 2007, 08:42 PM
irishxrose
I had the epidural but it worked for less than an hour... after that I felt EVERYTHING. Next pregnancy, I'm going full out natural.
April 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
I couldn't take the pain so i got an epidural. It was wonderful for about two hours and then wore off, when it came time to push i felt everything!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
April 17th, 2007, 10:45 PM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
I didn't have the epi except 2 hours... mine wore off as well.. I got it around 5 cm when nothing else worked and 2 hours later i was 9 1/2 so before I could push the button it was time to push... I think I could do it natural now that I know what the pain feels like.. but then again I only dealt with it for a few hours... I know that if there is a next time, I plan on asking for a local when it comes to stitch up time... cause my epi had worn off so much that I felt the needle while he was stitching...

Also if you would like to go natural or even if you just want to wait for meds... take some kind of childbirth class.. even if you have to go alone... I didn't take one because i didn't have anyone to go with me... I think if I would have learned the different lamaze and bradley stuff I could have handled the pain better... Just have people you trust with you in the room... There was a 2 hour window I was alone and it was when the meds weren't working.. I seriously just wanted to die... :-/

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>
April 17th, 2007, 11:43 PM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pixie_punk
I'm terrified of pain, but also terrified of the meds not working. I can't help comparing it to when I was 11 and broke my wrist; they had to reset the bone so they gave me a huuuuuuuge needle in my wrist to freeze it. Well, it didn't do anything except make me hallucinate a little bit (I heard video game music, I swear!) so I felt the huge needle AND I felt them pop my bone back in. Worried that'll happen if I have an epidural too, won't be fun.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>
April 18th, 2007, 01:04 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I'm opting for the epidural. No doubt about it!

</div>
April 18th, 2007, 05:25 AM
sarabella
I'm straight up asking for drugs. I'm a total wuss when it comes to pain.
April 18th, 2007, 08:49 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
theres a lady in my DDC who is having an unassisted birth and reading her thoughts on child birth gave me so much confidence in myself as a mom so i'm really determined to go natural now!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
April 28th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drugs PLEASE!!!

But I had a bad epidural after my colon resection. Ouch, it hurt so bad, still hurts where they put it in sometimes. Oh and it didn't even work. I had to have a dilaudid pump for 10 days....

</div>
April 28th, 2007, 05:17 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am going to hold out for as long as I can but will probably get an epidural if it hurts too bad.

I won't mess with any other IV drugs though because I am afraid they will make me sick.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
April 29th, 2007, 10:29 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went completely natural. I was more afraid of getting an epi then giving birth.

April 30th, 2007, 01:44 PM
ricschick's Avatar mummy t 4 ttc no5
i ended up having the epi after 26hours of labour and with 5hours to go im glad i did that was with ellie i went o natural with emma just gas and air. when we get #3 im not sure what to do i want to go natural but it scares df so not sure yet. i just left my options open because your never gonna no how you will deal with the pain.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search