confused

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2007, 07:52 PM
confused01's Avatar Member
I am a college student and I am somewhat concerned that I am pregnant. I have always been able to tell when I am ovulating, even though I am on the pill I still get those mid-month cramps. This month i have missed quite a few pills, taken them late of course but i did miss two in a row and two days later missed another. About two or three days later I had that feeling that it was around ovulation time but this time the cramps were worse I just figued that it was because I missed my pills. Not really thinking about it my boyfriend and I had sex that day. Its only been about a week but I cannot stop eating or peeing and today I had this overwhelming sense that I was pregnant. It was so weird. I've never felt that way before. Is there a chance that I could be pregnant, and how do I tell so soon? Thanks

-confused
April 17th, 2007, 10:24 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
i would take a test or go and see your doctor and ask for a blood test to be done.

we are here if you need to talk and keep us updated!!

April 17th, 2007, 10:39 PM
waitin4ansleigh's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to waitin4ansleigh Send a message via Yahoo to waitin4ansleigh
The mind has a way to scare you... I remember plenty of times I thought I might be and my body actually tried to fool me into thinking it.. Mind over matter type of thing... So I wouldn't worry too much and it could just go away... I would wait and take a test if you miss your period... I know peoples body's respond differently but I doubt you would feel "pregnant" just yet... if you were the egg wouldn't have even attached to the wall yet... but you never know... Don't freak out too much until you miss your period... And even then... like i said mind over matter thing... you could miss your period because your worried... best thing you can do is just relax and realize that everything happens for a reason... Good Luck!

<div align="center">

Thanks dettmer26 for my siggy!

</div>
April 18th, 2007, 05:21 AM
sarabella
Quote:
The mind has a way to scare you... I remember plenty of times I thought I might be and my body actually tried to fool me into thinking it.. Mind over matter type of thing... So I wouldn't worry too much and it could just go away... I would wait and take a test if you miss your period... I know peoples body's respond differently but I doubt you would feel "pregnant" just yet... if you were the egg wouldn't have even attached to the wall yet... but you never know... Don't freak out too much until you miss your period... And even then... like i said mind over matter thing... you could miss your period because your worried... best thing you can do is just relax and realize that everything happens for a reason... Good Luck![/b]

I agree. I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was 6 weeks pregnant and that was only because I had just started throwing up. My body never once felt different until then... and even then I attributed the throwing up to the fondue I had eaten the night before.
April 18th, 2007, 05:32 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the pill stops your body from ovulating. missing your pills means that there is a greater chance your body will release an egg, but i doubt that you'll be able to feel pregnant a week after missing your pill.

wait until you miss your period before you start to worry!

keep us updated.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
April 18th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks everyone for your posts. A have a few close friends with children and one of them said she got pregnant she just knew that she was, thats why I started to freak out. But I've relaxed now and will just wait it out n see if i miss my period, then I'll start to worry
April 22nd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I was suppose to start my period today and didn't but I've been late before when i've missed a few pills so I'm hoping its just that. Although I was sick last night and this morning and I still feel a little tired and sick but now throwing up. That was only once last night and once this morning. I'm in a sorority and I just found out that one of my sisters is pregnant so I think that has me freaking out even more. I'm gonna wait a couple of days and if I don't get my period I'll take a test.
April 23rd, 2007, 02:47 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thats prob a good idea. and try not to stress about it, that can delay your period.

and when you do test i suggest buying one of the more expensive brands as many ladies on here get false negatives and false positives with the cheaper ones. just something i've learnt thru my lurking!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
April 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
I went to get a free test done today and it turned out negative but I was told to go back on Friday if I don't have my period. I was releived when it was negative, and I was so freaked out when I thought I was but ever since this morning I have been extremely upset. I was in no way trying to get pregnant but now that I know I'm not I want to. Is this normal? I thought I would cry if it turned out positive now I'm crying because its negative?? I don't get that.
April 23rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
sarabella
Yes it's perfectly normal.

However!

You're still in school and in a sorority and my advice would be not to try and get pregnant now.

I was in a sorority in college and those truly are the best days of your life. They will be gone sooner then you think and you'll always look back on them with fondness. Enjoy your time being young now and enjoy college. You'll have a baby soon enough but focus on school and being young right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search