Birth control babies?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just curious to how many of you conceived while on some kind of birth control? I was on the pill for two years and just recently got pregnant. Could have been that one missed pill maybe.....?

July 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
me. I was one the pill for 4 years

July 22nd, 2005, 04:22 PM
Maddies_Mommy22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Maddies_Mommy22
I've got 2 B/C babies First was a "naw that won't happen, we'll be okay.." second was a "oops i forgot to pull out!" there ya go lol

~Hoping for a Baby Boy!~
July 22nd, 2005, 08:46 PM
Regular
Yeap, me! I was on the pill for 5 years and I am now 20 weeks pregnant. Funny thing is, I never forgot to take my pill. This little boy is our wonderful surprise, I was planning on getting off the pill in April (I got my BFP in March) anyways to start TTC in July/August. DH and I are thrilled.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
</a>

</div>
July 23rd, 2005, 04:48 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got pregnant the first time on the pill in November of '02 but unfortunately lost the baby early January '03. Turns out the pharmacy gave me expired pills--never thought to check for that. This time we weren't using any birth control and hadn't been for almost 2 years--just a good old fashioned oops! We couldn't be happier about it!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

July 23rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
nat81
I had been on the pill since I was 16. I am now 24 and we got pregnant last summer because I was on medication (amoxocillin) and the pharmasist forgot to tell me to use a backup method of B/C...
July 23rd, 2005, 12:04 PM
MamaBx3
I was on the pill for almost 3 years.
July 23rd, 2005, 04:50 PM
Melode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was on the pill for 5 months and i missed a few days and i got pregnant, i was also on the patch before that and it worked so good i wish i woul dhave stayed on it
July 23rd, 2005, 06:01 PM
Super Mommy
I was on the pill too. My story is this I would go on the pill for a couple years then get off it then in a couple months go back on it. When I was off it the guy I was seeing we would always use a condom because he never wanted to be a dad or anything like that. We ended splitting up because the relationship was rocky and I started to see someone else. I went back on the pill and been on it for like a year and a half. I had a gyno appointment on April 18 we talked about me going off it and maybe trying to have a baby(BTW 3 different doctors said I will never have a child). So I went and told her she said okay, I got off the pill the next day (April 19) and we started to try. I got my period on April 21....Like around May 2nd or the 3rd my boobs started to hurt, then around the 10th I had cramping almost all day and I didn't know what it was. I took a test May 13th and it was positive! I was shocked....so I don't really know what happened! All I know is the doctors were really wrong.
Whisper

Mommy's lil peanut!
July 23rd, 2005, 07:59 PM
1proudmom2kalli
*raising my hand* ME! I'm having one! 37 weeks, 3 days pregnant with a birth control baby. I got on the pill in October/November of 01... I had to get off the pill for medical reasons in April, I think? So I went on depo provera (the shot)... I was on that for a couple months and gained like 35 lbs! So I said "no more" and decided to try the patch. I was on that for over a year when I found out that I was preggo. My doc says "Guess the patch just isn't for you!" Yeah, no kidding, just wish I had known that sooner!! But, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm ready for her to make her appearance now!!!!!!!!!!
July 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Firelily
I was on the patch for a year and we were using condoms. The *ONE* time the condom breaks and *poof* i was pregnant.

I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my little man

July 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
My husband is a birth control baby. Ortho Novum. My MIL was taking antibiotics and it was the 80's so people really didn't know anything else. She was also a smoker.

July 30th, 2005, 11:28 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Condom here!! Although I couldn't be happier. I posted my story in another post...basically tried for 2 years and then started using condoms to avoid me being pregnant on our cruise in Aug and then I got pregnant...LOL

August 2nd, 2005, 09:18 AM
Cherish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Cherish
I was on the pill for about 6 months when we conceived.

<blockquote>Stephie1012 threw 1 snowball at me! </blockquote>
August 3rd, 2005, 06:34 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have three birth control babies, #1 I was on the pill, #2 was condoms, #3 was planned and it took 2 years off BC to get PG and #4 was the ring. My Dr says that getting both our tubes tied is the only way we will avoid getting PG. It's kind of funny that when I wasn't on BC it took awhile to get PG but when I am on it I get PG.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search