Medicaid?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to jeffuwine
[COLOR=purple][B]Hi my name is Samantha. I live in southern california I just recently discovered that I'm 4 weeks pregnant at the age of 18. Me and my bf have been together for 2 years and are both pretty excited. I plan on moving out soon and telling my mom when I move out because I know she will cool off better when I'm not around. Newho I was wondering about the Medicaid how do you sign up for it? How long does it take? And how much a month on average are you guys paying? I am also concidering Planned Parenthood. How much is that? And do they deliver babies there? Thanks for reading my question/story. I love reading all your guys stories and your all soo supportive when society looks down on me. I know we all are great mothers and we are all prepared as little girls playing house, to some day make it real. Remember before they were placed in our bellies they were watching and choose us to be there mommies for there life.
July 26th, 2005, 05:37 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM and congrats.
http://www.cms.hhs.gov/medicaid/ --That's the medicaid website. It should point you to where to get medicaid in your area. Meciaid is free. You dont pay anything (not even co-pays). They pay for your entire pregnancy and cover the baby until its 1. Then you can reapply if you still need it. Planned Parenthood should be able to give you some more info about Mediaid.

I had started my prenatal care at planned parenthood and assume they deliver babies at the local hospital but that should be something for you to ask them at your first appt. Usually PP bases the prices of your appts on your income but if you have medicaid it wont cost you anything.

good luck

July 26th, 2005, 08:12 AM
asianmama
i was on medicaid. it was nice they paid for everything except post partum depression medicene. the cool thing a bout medicaid is that they will cover ur child until she/he is 18. but they only cover u for two months after the baby.... i am trying to get medicaid again for myself...
July 26th, 2005, 09:14 AM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
My mom just called the medicaid office and they sent an application throught the mail which came in a couple of days. Then once you send in the application and give them ALL the needed information with it, they say they will process it in 15 days for pregnant women. I don't pay anything per month for it, I haven't been to the doctors yet but get a doctor that is fully covered by medicaid.

July 27th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Pickle Pops's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to our local health department and they set me up with WIC and Medicaid. They had a few people in house that took care of this. They gave me a list of doctors that accepted medicaid and I actually got into the Dr's office that I wanted to go to, so it's really not a bad deal at all. I've been given SO much information just by stopping by the Health Department. Tell them your situation and they should be able to direct you to the people that can help you. Be sure to apply for WIC, too. They get you food for you and the baby. You will need proof of pregnancy which you can get at Planned Parenthood. Instead of fighting w/ my wages and such, it cost $24 for the test and "counseling" plus they gave me a 3 month supply of prenatals and some baby things to boot!

hope this helps you

momma06, you really need to get the DR if you haven't been already if you're 15 weeks along... Medicaid will go back 3 months to any prior dr bills before being approved.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

July 28th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Everyone has given great information. Getting medicaid when you are pregnant is incredibly easy and important. i would definiteyl get to this now, and see a doctor as soon as you can!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
July 30th, 2005, 11:37 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Just an F.Y.I about medicaid. I was on it when I was pregnant with my 1st child. It was great...didn't have to pay anything. It is income based and if you are pregnant you are counted as a family of 2 as far as income goes. If you are married they will count hubby's income to. Also, they will go back and pay up to 3 months prior to when you applied if you had any appointments or hospital visits etc prior to you being approved.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search