Um. When does child support start?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, my baby's daddy is not being very nice. He was ALL for the sex, and he even said if I got pregnant he would love to have more kids (he has 3 by his ex wife).

But when I told him I was, he was like, "This always happens to me. Everytime I'm close to getting what I wanted something ruins it."

I guess he thought he was going to get the ex and the kids back. Whatever. I don't even care.

But I have some serious health problems and am unable to work right now. So I could really use some money! It seems to be that I should not be the only one responsible for all the prenatal expenses: doctors co-pays, medication (zofran and prenatals), plus all the other things that go along with day to day living.

I mean, I am carrying his CHILD here. You would think he could ever pick up the phone and ask how we're doing? NO. Not once since I told him!

Sorry, needed to rant. I really expected more from this man.

</div>
May 8th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to Candice Send a message via Yahoo to Candice
well from what i understand.. child support must actually have a child to support first. while the baby in your womb is a child by my standards.. it's not considered one by legal standards.

So you my file for CS after the baby is born.

What kinda of government support are you on right now? where are you? can you get WIC and Welfare? are you on sick leave?

even if it's really embarrassing, government welfare realy can help. check into them.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16b04c <--- CLICK ME TO STALK THE CHART
May 8th, 2007, 06:14 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
You need to have the baby first before you can file for child support. But if your not working you should qualify for state help.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
May 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I'm on nothing. I need to get on something but I have no idea how or where to start.

I have been on and off work since last summer when I was diagnosed with Cancer. I had 3 surgeries and I worked each time in between and my body really never recovered properly.

I work at a fine dining restaurant and my boss told me I should find a new job because this is going to be too stressfull. That was when I told him I was pregnant. The only reason I told him was because I had called in twice with morning sickness plus I hadn't slept and I had to explain.

I really do not want to go back to work at that job but the money is so good nad I need the money to support myself and my child.

Right now my dad is basically supporting me and it is so embarassing. He is abusive and I have to put up with it because I have no where to go. He doesn't know I am pregnant and I am scared to tell him because he is going to freak. And who knows what he'll do?

</div>
May 9th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Veteran
ok Where are you?

Forsure you can head to the welfare office and apply there. If they know you are pregnant they will automatically consider you for WIC ( which is pretty much for pregnant and new moms.. they give food stamps and formula and all that lovely stuff)

I bet that you could look the nearest welfare office online....

May 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I'm in the metro Detroit area.

My mom would trip if I got on welfare. She makes so much money, she cannot figure out why I can't just work right now. I don't know why either. Every time I go back to work, the anxiety hits again and I feel like I'm gonna die!

</div>
May 9th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Veteran
Well you are an adult right.. so it's your choice... and yeah you might get flack for going on welfare but it's better than nothing. That's what it's for! To help people out when they need it.

It's not like you will be on it for the rest of your life.. it's for the meantime... while you get things settled.

You need money.... the father is obviously not going to help you and you aren't working right now... so what's your other option here?

Think it over...

Then decide.

and You'll have to tell your dad sometime... because he's going to start noticing the baby weight sooner or later.

If you want to know my experiance with Telling my father that i was pregnant at the age of 17... pm me.. and I'll tell you.

May 9th, 2007, 10:14 PM
AngelFire22's Avatar Super Mommy
Believe me it's embrassing going to get welfare but honestly it's alot of help. Doctor's appointments are so expensive and then the ultrasounds are also expensive, but with medicaid all of that is paid for you don't have to worry. WIC is a life saver once you have the baby because 1 can of formula is 13 bucks. Right now my daughter is 2 months and she goes through 3 cans of formula a week. Your not gonna be on it forever just until you get on your feet.

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
May 10th, 2007, 03:31 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you cant expect the father of thechild to support you cos you're not working. thats not his responsibility. its up to you to provide for you.

you say your mom will freak of you go on welfare, if she makes so much money, why wont she help you out? otherwise its none of her business.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
May 10th, 2007, 03:08 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
here is a number for you to call. 311. it works for any land line. and you just ask them where you need to go and they will give you the numbers and the address.

May 12th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Veteran
hey that's pretty neat! 311!

We don't have that here in Canada.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search