What might I have done to my baby?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Regular
Hi. I'm new to the Justmommies.com. As you can notice from my name, I'm quite scared. I just found out Monday at my college clinic that I'm pregnant (I'm 27 yo old). I had my last period in Feb. but didn't give it any thought since I took up an intense exercise routine (6 days a week, at least 2 hours a day) to lose + 30 lbs before my husband and I tried to have a baby. I went from 204 to 165 since February and this is freaking me out. I was lead to believe that losing weight during pregnancy can damage the developing fetus.

I have my first appointment with an actual OB/GYN next week and do not want to burst into tears if I may have injured my newly found bundle of joy. I usually jogged for 45 minutes in the moring and at night. I also used the E.T. machine and step class several times a week.

Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated.
May 11th, 2007, 05:31 AM
*Fiona*
when did you start the exercise programme?
May 11th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Regular
Quote:
when did you start the exercise programme?[/b]

Hi Fiona. I started slow during the month of Jan [3 - 4 days a week, 40 mins walking/jogging] then went full blast from Feb until last Monday. Now I'm just walking 30 - 60 mins a day until I see the Dr. next week.
May 11th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Super Mommy
Visting from October DDC.

I've heard that as long as you started your exercise program before you got pregnant it should be fine. Most doctors want you to continue your exercise program but as the pregnancy goes along you'll have to make adjustments. Losing weight doesn't mean you'll hurt the baby as long as you're eating healthy. Some of the women from the October DDC have lost weight and the babies are doing fine. I'm sure the doctor will tell you everything is fine but until then try not to stress about it and continue the walking.

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!!!!!!! Other than sounding a little scared I can sure tell you are excited about your new bundle of joy!!!!!!!!!!!!

</div>
May 11th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
hey! congrats on the weight lost, and on the baby!!!!

I've heard that if you started before you got pregnant, that you'll most likely be fine..

and does that mean you're due in November??????? (I'm only asking because I'm stopping in from the November Due Date Club..) If you are due sometime in that vacinity, come and join us!!!!!! (we're only the best due date club ever.. I promise.. )

We'd love to have you..

Again, congrats!

-Jackie

myspace
May 12th, 2007, 03:12 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your pregnancy!

Theres no harm in excercising during pregnancy. it'll probably do your little bean alot of good! they tell women to be careful about excercise while pregnant because of the possible risk of injury. you havent hurt yourself in doing it?

Once you've got your dates worked out then join a DDC! all the JM mommies are awesome and the DDCs are all fantastic!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
May 12th, 2007, 10:33 PM
yammie
I lost 25 pounds randomly once I became pregnant. I really wouldnt worry as long as you weren't drinking or taking any diet pills you should be fine. Your walking sounds like a great thing to keep up during the pregnancy even if just to maintain the weight loss you've accomplished. Good for you for getting healthy! Looks like baby wanted to come a little sooner than planned. The worst thing you can do for your baby is stress! Find a prenatal vitamin and keep up the walks. I am sure your doctor will comfort you and tell you everything is alright. Did you ever see the show biggest loser? Last season that woman.. the short pudgey one.. she got pregnant before getting on the show and didnt even know it!! She went the whole show losing weight eating right and exercising to give birth to a healthy baby! She lost 60+ pounds. I am sure the doctor would not have advised that she do that, but still.. congratulations! keep us updated and tell us how your appointment goes.
May 13th, 2007, 08:04 PM
sarabella
As the other ladies have said, you are still early enough that I am sure you are just fine! I didn't know I was pregnant when I went on an all inclusive vacation to the Caribbean and definitely took advantage of the alcohol while there. I'm not at all worried because my doctor has assured me that it was early enough that it wasn't harmful. No need in worrying until you talk to your doctor. You can't change it and the worrying will only upset you further as well as the baby.

Grats on the pregnancy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search