What do you think?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2007, 12:24 PM
~Coley125~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Coley125~
My last AF was around April 10th, I have not yet had AF this month and am 5 days late. I haven't tested yet. I let on to DH today that I am late and he was NOT happy. Heres the story, I want more kids, he says he doesn't. I told him that was fine, but HE was in charge of the BC then, cause last time I was on BC I was a hormanol wreck! So, anyway, we DTD on the 21st of last month and didn't use anything. I would be 100% happy to be pg, although he is visible angry that I'm even late. I'm afraid to even test because I know he will not be happy, and I don't want him to be thinking negative of the baby (if there even is one) UGH! Any advice? Anyone ever been in a situation like this?
May 13th, 2007, 08:01 PM
sarabella
All I can say is that while he might be upset at first (I know most of our SO's were!), he'll get over it and love the baby and even grow to be excited. Sometimes it's overwhelming when it's not planned but it's not the end of the world by any means.
May 14th, 2007, 06:16 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think you need to test. then you can start worring about DH.

If you are pregnant then he may not be happy about it at first, i dont think there are many ladies here who had a happy SO when they told him they were pregnant, but the majority of them are now so thrilled and excited! at the end of the day its a baby that you made together because you love each other and there is no greater miricle. he'll see that, you just have to give him a bit of time to get used to it. after all, men dont work the same way as us. they dont have the hormones to make them fall in love with a baby straight away.

keep us posted!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
May 14th, 2007, 06:37 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I suggest buying an HPT and testing when you are home alone.

If it comes back positive then have a discussion with your SO. He might be angry and frustrated at first but overtime he will come around. An unplanned pregnancy is hard--especially if one partner is against it.

I hope everything turns out okay. Let us know what the test days!

</div>
May 14th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks ladies....I am officially 6 days late. I have NEVER been that late and not been PG. I have a test already, I think Ill go ahead and take it today. I'm so torn on what I want it to say, although I'm pretty sure I know what it will. Anyway, thanks, Ill keep you posted.
May 14th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck, hope you get the result you want.

As for your DH, he may be angry in the beginning, men seem to think they have to right to be angry with us when they get us pregnant
But he will come around after a while, they all do.

May 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Well, I tested and just as I suspected............... !!!!!!!!!!!

I want to be excited, but the fact that he's NOT going to be happy is really putting a damper on things! Any good suggestions on how to "break the news" gently?? I think I'm more nervous to tell him then I was to POAS!

Thanks ladies!
May 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!

Sorry i have no advice on how to tell DH, i didn't know how to tell my bf either, i just showed him the test after hours of hesitation about it.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

May 14th, 2007, 04:00 PM
sarabella
no great advice from me either I'm afraid.

I was extremely ill on a car ride back from Canada and knew I was a couple days late so I took the test without him knowing.... saw it was positive, totally freaked out in the bathroom. Came out, sat down on the bed and mid-panic attack yelled "I think we have a problem." and he came in, I burst out in tears, thrust the test at him and his first reaction was to blame me....

It wasn't long after though that he started getting excited and now is completely supportive and amazing about everything... most of the time, he is still a guy after all.
May 14th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Well, I told him. He hasn't said much at all. I think he's still in a bit of shock. He was upset, but didn't say anything mean, which I'm thankful for! I'm sure hell come around soon...at least I hope so! Thank ladies! Mind if I hang out here with you?
May 14th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Tikka's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy :-)

All and all isnt't entirely fair that he would be upset with you, especially when you consider the BC was his responsibility.

I am sure he will come around though, guys seem to sorta freak out at first....

Now I bet he is hoping it isn't twins!! lol

May 15th, 2007, 02:02 AM
sarabella
Someone told me that babies are miracles and every pregnancy has a reason, even if that reason is unclear to us at the time. I was very unhappy about mine for the first few months and had trouble bonding with my daughter... I still do somedays. But on the days I'm feeling unhappy about it, I look at her ultrasounds, feel her kicks and I know in my heart that I do love her.

And so will he. Just give him time.
May 15th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so thrilled for you.

as for your husband, he will come around. My bf(DH now) wasn't very happy when i told him either, but after about a week he was in love with the idea of us having a baby. we're both still in college, both lived with our parents, things really weren't great, but now he is so in love with his daughter, he's happier than i've ever seen him.
I know your husband will be that way too, just give him time to get his head round it. we automatically think of baby things and love when it comes to being pregnant, they think of money and other practicalities. once he sorts that part out in his head he'll be fine!

Quote:
Mind if I hang out here with you?[/b]
you're more than welcome! tell us a bit about yourself!

May 18th, 2007, 03:27 PM
you're more than welcome! tell us a bit about yourself!
[/quote]

Well, I will be turning 24 next friday. I have been married going on 5 years. We have two little girls. Melody will be 4 next month and Hailey is 8 months. I am a SAHM and I love it!!
May 18th, 2007, 10:23 PM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pixie_punk
Congratulations!

I was tweaking when I got pregnant too, I didn't tell my bf for 3 weeks... he was excited, then he freaked out for a few days, and now he's so happy... I'm sure your husband will come around.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>
May 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
how's everything going for you?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search