Unplanned

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Regular
i was pregnant with my first baby about a year ago next month. i miscarried, and really haven't thought about trying to get pregnant again. it was such a hard time in my husband's and my life i couldn't bare to think about it. we went to a amusement park for the day and i was feeling well after a roller coaster. i had extreme cramping and ended up passing out. thats when we found out i was expecting and at the same time miscarried. i took a home pregnancy test which came out positive and confirmed it with my doctor that i'm pregnant. but i don't know how to tell my husband. he's been saying we have nothing holding us back we should go out see the world and try new things. i'm a lawyer so there would never be a good time for me but through the shock i am happy. i just don't know how to tell my husband. any advice?
May 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
sarabella
I'm sure he'll be happy about the baby, especially if you've lost another one. Saying there is nothing holding y'all back could be his coping mechanism for his grief over the miscarriage.
May 14th, 2007, 09:40 PM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pixie_punk
I was terrified to tell my boyfriend when I found out I was pregnant, so I didn't for about three weeks... but he was so excited about it when I did...

Does your husband want kids? I agree with sarabella, saying there's nothing holding you back is probably his way of dealing with the miscarriage.

Good luck telling him. I'm sure he'll be happy.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>
May 15th, 2007, 04:45 AM
How far along are you? If you think it would really break his heart experiencing another miscarriage. Perhaps you should wait until the second trimester. That is probably awful advice, but that is what I would do.
May 16th, 2007, 07:27 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I can understand exactly how you feel.

My boyfriend (well husband now) and I found out that we were pregnant unexpectedly almost 2 years ago now. We were both so shocked and it was just sinking in when I miscarried. It was so hard on both of us and it took a really long time to get back to normal. When I found out we were pregnant again I didn't know what to do. I was so afraid that this time would turn out like last time and that my husband would be mad at me. When I finally did tell him he was so excited that I felt ridiculous for thinking he would be upset.

What I am trying to say is...your husband may be saying he wants to travel now but don't think that doesn't mean he won't be thrilled with the fact that you are pregnant. Also, as worried as you may be that you will have a repeat miscarriage don't let that keep you from telling him either. You need the support that he will be able to give you during this pregnancy. I am almost 29 weeks and still get worried sometimes but YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

Good Luck...I will keep you and your husband and your little bean in my thoughts and prayers. Please stick around and keep us posted.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search