Help

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2005, 09:09 PM
Regular
I just found out I am about a month pregnant, and my period is 2 weeks late. However, when I did not know I was pregnant, this past month has been a "party" month. I have been drinking excessively, not 2-3 drinks a day, but maybe like 30 drinks in one week. I was wondering what I should do? Do you think my baby is going to have something wrong with it when it is born? I have stopped drinking this past week, however, I want to know the possibilities of something already being wrong with it. Please help me someone!
July 31st, 2005, 09:19 PM
I'd rather be in Forks
Hi sweety!

My son was a surprise baby too...and the month that I conceived him, I'd been in Tennessee with his dad, who was stationed there, whom I hadn't seen in months. We partied like it was 1999 Drank every single night, smoked pot (I did, he couldn't), ate nothing but McDonalds ... everything you could do that was wrong. At my first appt. with my OB/GYN, I told him everything. He was very reassuring, in a way. He told me that most of the time, if there is something severely wrong with your baby, your body will spontaneously abort...miscarry. He said that if your body kept the baby, it was probably going to be fine.

My son a talented soccer player, he is working 2-3 grade levels ahead in all of his school subjects, and he's handsome and sweet. The doctor was right.

August 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM
Regular
Thanks so much! You are very reassuring....My doc's appt. is tomorrow...So that makes me feel a little better. Thanks!
August 1st, 2005, 04:28 PM
MamaBx3
I agree with Deb!

Good luck!
August 2nd, 2005, 02:10 AM
I'd rather be in Forks
Let us know how it goes!!

August 4th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Your baby should be fine. I got really drunk only one night when I was pregnant, before I knew of course. Although I had this feeling that this was going to be the last time I had this kind of fun. Drinking and being reckless with my friends. Two weeks later and 5 days late I took a test that showed "pregnant" within seconds. My intuition had been right.

August 6th, 2005, 10:36 AM
jadasmomma's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to jadasmomma
i think everything will be okay. a friend of my fiancee's went on vacation to las vagas and dint know she was pregnant and partied for like, 2 weeks. drinking every night and just being crazy. when she got home, come to find out she was 5 1/2 months pregnant. she quit drinking then and didnt again and had a healthy baby girl. dont stress too much, it wasnt your fault.

<span style="font-family:Arial">^Me, Jada, & Allen</span>
September 10th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Super Mommy
I just read this thread and wanted to thank everyone for what they said. I have been freaked out because I found out I was pregnant and I had been drinking the first month (I'd been downsized from work and basically had the summer off). I've quit drinking and am staying away from smoke, but I was still freaked out. Thanks to everyone who posted their stories. It's at least one thing I can try to worry a little bit less about.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search