thanks always

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Regular

for all the help ladies!
May 26th, 2007, 03:11 PM
asianmama
i know people measuring 1-2 weeks ahead of what *they* should be. but never a whole month... are u sure its just one baby? if u are doubting the paternity u could always do a small claims court--judge hatchet type of deal when the baby comes.

good luck
huggs
May 26th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Regular
Quote:
i know people measuring 1-2 weeks ahead of what *they* should be. but never a whole month... are u sure its just one baby? if u are doubting the paternity u could always do a small claims court--judge hatchet type of deal when the baby comes.

good luck
huggs[/b]
well when we looked over my ultra sound results.. and the results of the genetic testing (blood test).. she said the baby looks healthy, that the due date is the same .. genetic testing showed he is fine, but for me that it showed i may have a risk of developing high blood preasure and gestational diabetes towards the end of my pregnancy.... the last thing she did was listen to the heart beat, and then measure my stomach.. then measure again... and said "well this is odd, your stomach is measuring about a month bigger." I mean i am about 5'2 and the daddy is 6'2 and I was hoping that it was that... but everyone keeps asking me well maybe the due date is wrong?... If the doctor thought the due date was wrong would she say that, or wouldnt all of my 3 ultra sounds that I have had show a different due date? this is scaring the heck out of me.. I dont even want to tell him that it could be someone elses...
May 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM
asianmama
are u overweight? not to sound mean- but if u are overweight even by the slighest amount u could be measure big. also since they say u are high risk for gestional diebetes that might effect the way the baby is developing. moms who have gd have bigger babies

edited to add since the ultra sounds have shown the same date i dont think they will be wrong.. with my son- they kept changing the date with every 1st trimester u/s-- i had 4.. and when i did have him he was 3 weeks early but a regular 7 pounds 7 ounce size.( i am so glad he came early because if he would ahve stayed in i seriously think he would be well over 9 pounds.)
May 26th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Regular
Quote:
are u overweight? not to sound mean- but if u are overweight even by the slighest amount u could be measure big. also since they say u are high risk for gestional diebetes that might effect the way the baby is developing. moms who have gd have bigger babies

edited to add since the ultra sounds have shown the same date i dont think they will be wrong.. with my son- they kept changing the date with every 1st trimester u/s-- i had 4.. and when i did have him he was 3 weeks early but a regular 7 pounds 7 ounce size.( i am so glad he came early because if he would ahve stayed in i seriously think he would be well over 9 pounds.)[/b]

No offense taken, Yes I would say i am over weight, im 172 now at 5"2. the highest weight i was at 7 years ago was 168 at the end of my pregnancy with my daughter, and i still have 16 weeks to go. I have had a nine pounder before...

I think Im just letting everyones question of "well does that mean its a different due date" get to me... it's not something I even want to think could be a possibility, I mean I went to planned parent hood for a test on the 10th of January and it was negative, then took a home test on the 12th or 14th.. and it was positive, so wouldnt that mean conception would have taken place in December.?
May 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM
sarabella
So your stomach is measuring a month ahead but not on the actual ultrasounds?

If that's case, I'm sure you are fine. My stomach is larger than most because I have an anterior placenta, meaning my placenta is right up front which makes my stomach poke out further than other woman due at the same time as me. I'm also carrying completely all in the stomach.

I wouldn't worry so much about a stomach measurement.
May 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM
asianmama
dont let the comments get to you. u do not need to be stressing over what people think. u just need to take care of u and ur baby. also yes conception would have been in dec. maybe ur body didnt produce enough hcg to make the first test u took come up with a positive, that happens alot.-- also experienced that one with my son.. my dr thought i was crazy demanding pregnancy tests all of march 06. everytime i got one at the office it was bfn and i KNEW I WAS pregnant but i couldnt/didnt have any proof until i bought a dollar tree test three days later.
May 26th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Regular
Quote:
So your stomach is measuring a month ahead but not on the actual ultrasounds?

If that's case, I'm sure you are fine. My stomach is larger than most because I have an anterior placenta, meaning my placenta is right up front which makes my stomach poke out further than other woman due at the same time as me. I'm also carrying completely all in the stomach.

I wouldn't worry so much about a stomach measurement.[/b]
Yes she was mostly just confused about the size of my stomach... I have looked over my ultra sounds over and over again... and they very but by only 2-3 days... how do you make a MAN understand, what I thought i understood... its a big baby, its not that the due date is off... I dont know... I guess when i take the glucose testing again in a couple of weeks they will let me know if its my blood sugar i need to control... or what ever else... I just think could the doctors be a month off? a whole month?...
May 26th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Regular
Quote:
dont let the comments get to you. u do not need to be stressing over what people think. u just need to take care of u and ur baby. also yes conception would have been in dec. maybe ur body didnt produce enough hcg to make the first test u took come up with a positive, that happens alot.-- also experienced that one with my son.. my dr thought i was crazy demanding pregnancy tests all of march 06. everytime i got one at the office it was bfn and i KNEW I WAS pregnant but i couldnt/didnt have any proof until i bought a dollar tree test three days later.[/b]
that is so funny because it was a dollar tree pregnancy test that I took 3 days after my test at the planned parent hood that came up positive. Haha.. my friends laugh when i tell them to get those...

It was dec 31st.. so when i didnt start when i usually do the 9th.. I knew that something was up... I was already scared because that was the first time in years we hadnt used a condom
May 26th, 2007, 09:17 PM
asianmama
my doc was an idoit.. the due date i got-- online due date predictors said november 14th. i go to my doc he said november 28 then at the u/s he said december 3rd. then at the next u/s he november 28th again. and then i told him there is no way this baby is coming after thanksgiving cuz i am gonna eat what i want come thanksgiving he laughed at me. i told him the baby will come-- i WILL be induced by the 19th. lol. my son had plans of his own and came the 9th completely on his own.

but also my pregnancy( at 5 and 6 months- i was heading to the er like every single week due to stress induced preterm labor) so in a way it really didnt matter what the due date was just as long as i kept my legs closed tight enough that my son didnt come too early . haha
May 26th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Regular
Quote:
my doc was an idoit.. the due date i got-- online due date predictors said november 14th. i go to my doc he said november 28 then at the u/s he said december 3rd. then at the next u/s he november 28th again. and then i told him there is no way this baby is coming after thanksgiving cuz i am gonna eat what i want come thanksgiving he laughed at me. i told him the baby will come-- i WILL be induced by the 19th. lol. my son had plans of his own and came the 9th completely on his own.

but also my pregnancy( at 5 and 6 months- i was heading to the er like every single week due to stress induced preterm labor) so in a way it really didnt matter what the due date was just as long as i kept my legs closed tight enough that my son didnt come too early . haha[/b]

Stress induced labor? yeah i told my doctor that i felt like i was having contractions during a melt down at work, and she told me it was really important not to stress too much, and frankly this pregnancy being unexpected unplanned and with the situation with the daddy who isnt around... its kind of hard not to stress...
I dont think i would want him to come early, i am so not ready for this... being a single mom I have to be sure i have things in place with finances for leave, childcare for the baby... uh... that would be a surprise i dont need... I guess they do have a mind of their own though... and i know some mothers just love that they dont have to wait until their due date... but i will be thinking like you closin the legs tight... lol
May 27th, 2007, 02:07 AM
irishxrose
I measured big my entire pregnancy, and they were really worried I was going to have a 10 lb baby. Lo and behold, I have an ultrasound at 36 weeks and my son measured 6 lbs. At birth he weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. BUT they did find out then that I had an excessive amount of amniotic fluid and that was why I was measuring so large. Have they checked that for you? Because it could be a possibility.
May 27th, 2007, 03:22 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if the ultrasounds arent changing your due date then its highly unlikely its the other guys baby. the due date isnt measured on size, its measured on gestatonal development. like lung development etc.

there are loads of reasons that you could be measuring so big, but i really wouldnt stress about it. i'd rather have a big baby, they tend to have less health problems.

As for the daddy, he's just afraid to commit. your baby is most important now.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
May 27th, 2007, 06:04 AM
asianmama
yes stress induced labor-- my marriage at the time was falling apart and my husband thought it would be best to take my daughter away from me. make her live with my mil( 8 hours away). so there was a bunch of things going on that i couldnt handle.
May 27th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Regular
Quote:
I measured big my entire pregnancy, and they were really worried I was going to have a 10 lb baby. Lo and behold, I have an ultrasound at 36 weeks and my son measured 6 lbs. At birth he weighed 6 lbs 15 oz. BUT they did find out then that I had an excessive amount of amniotic fluid and that was why I was measuring so large. Have they checked that for you? Because it could be a possibility.[/b]
She said the fluid was fine... im hopin all this weight is all baby though lol. So she does plan to do another Ultra sound .. I guess all i can do is wait and see what happens...

Quote:
if the ultrasounds arent changing your due date then its highly unlikely its the other guys baby. the due date isnt measured on size, its measured on gestatonal development. like lung development etc.

there are loads of reasons that you could be measuring so big, but i really wouldnt stress about it. i'd rather have a big baby, they tend to have less health problems.

As for the daddy, he's just afraid to commit. your baby is most important now.[/b]

See thats what i wanted to hear... I just know that after waiting around for this guy for years, if this was a child of a man i dated very briefly (for the first time I saw other people)... it would break my heart.
May 28th, 2007, 02:10 AM
i know what you mean. but there was such a gap between them, and your due date hasnt been changed. there are plenty of women in my DDC who are measuring way ahead.

has he asked for a paternity test?

May 28th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds to me like its your 4 year guys baby.

You and the other guy had sex ONCE and used a condom.

Then you had your period after that.

Then you had unprotected sex with your baby daddy.

Tested negetive because it was still too early to test!

Then you tested positive, so I really think its your guys baby!

Don't worry about the paternity test. If HE wants one, then HE has to pay for it! Simple!

But it does sound like he is not going to be as supportive as you would like, so you might have to get him to pay child support through the courts and I think that may involve a paternity test, right?

</div>
May 28th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Regular
Yes which i dont mind... I think needs to be done, it just makes me nervous... you see all those dumb shows of women talkin about their man being the babies daddy and then that not being true....

NOT that he has ever committed to me... I just feel like because of this one time with someone... He is just going to look at me badly..
May 29th, 2007, 06:20 AM
if he looks at you badly for trying to move on then he doesnt deserve your respect.

i personally dont think you have anything to worry about with the paternity test.

June 2nd, 2007, 11:52 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Don't worry too much. I was in almost the same boat. I got pg the first month I was with DD's father. We split when I was 4 months pg and after that he denied paternity. I did the whole pg by myself and then he showed up in the delivery room but still decided not to sign the birth certificate. I measured double my gestational age almost the whole way through. When I was 8 weeks I measured 16 and when I was 13 I measured 26, etc. It wasn't until about 20 weeks or so that things evened out a little bit and my daughter was only 8 lbs. 10 oz. so a bigger baby would almost definitely measure larger, especially since you're only 5' 2". That baby has no where to grow but out. The good news is that if you file for child support and he did not sign the birth certificate then the court will order him to pay for the paternity test (about $150). SO just focus on having a happy, healthy baby and everything else will resolve itself! COngrats!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search