Support needed

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2005, 05:54 PM
Regular
I know I should just buy a darn pregnancy test already but my brain keeps saying my period is coming any day now....

My story is that I'm in my 40s, in the middle of a divorce, I have two school-aged kids, I have a good job. My ex is not good about paying child support and is an arse to deal with. We've been separated almost a year; I moved out in March with the kids.

I've dated a few men, had only slept with one, we used protection. Then I met this other guy and the chemistry was electric. He took me for a motorcycle ride and to the beach, and when we got back to my place let's just say I couldn't control myself, LOL. I'd never done anything like that before. Repeated the following week.

My periods are usually regular, every 28 days or so, with an occasional month here and there that are off. I'm pretty sure I had my period in the middle of June, then had one week off, then had it again the following week, only a bit lighter. It had just finished when we had sex the first time.

Now it's been 5 weeks since the start of the second period and nothing.

I know this guy wants no kids. He's not somebody I'd have a relationship with. This was just one of those things I did; first time in my life I just went with my feelings and tossed all of my rationalizations out the window. We did NOT use protection (stupid I know). Now my period is late and I'm kind of freaking.

I'm a big believer in choice; yet I could NOT abort, personally. The man is a fascinating person, though not relationship material. I have no idea how he'd react to this; I'm assuming he thinks I was on the pill or something (but he didn't ask). I had fertility issues with my other two kids so I didn't really think I'd get pregnant. DUH!

My body feels like my period should start; with my other two I remember feeling nothing in particular with my body to indicate pregnancy.

I'm just too cheap to buy a test when I think it will be neg and I'll get my period tomorrow. If it doesn't come by Thursday when I can buy one anonymously in another town...

My big fear is the embarrassment. I'm sure my ex husband will have a field day with this (see, she left me to have a fling with another man) and his family who I was close to are very religious and this will certainly have me banned from the family. My own family will support me but I'll hear it til the end of time how stupid I am.

Am I worrying for nothing????

Jillie
August 1st, 2005, 06:15 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I think you already know what the answer is....BUY A TEST. Why would you be embarrassed if its negative? Wouldnt you be relieved? You'll probably feel so much better knowing the answers rather than sitting around wondering.

Good luck!!

August 1st, 2005, 08:13 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I'm going to give the same advice...buy a test. I felt the same way when I was preg the 1st time. I didn't want to buy a test because I was sure I would get my period. It is better to find out either way then to keep worring and wondering. I know that getting the result can be scary but you aren't going to change anything by waiting.

If you are preg. just remeber a lot of us have been through similar situations and we are here to help....not critcize.

Good Luck to you! Keep us updated.

August 1st, 2005, 08:45 PM
Regular
Yeah, I'm just going to have to buy a test. No signs of my period anywhere.

Fine mess I've gotten myself into here. On the plus side I'm not afraid of raising another child as a single mom. The only down side is that I will lose what little free time I have....but my schedule can be adjusted (currently working 3 days and 3 nights).

The ex and I never used any birth control and needed help to conceive #1, then it took 3 years of trying to conceive #2, and no birth control afterwards until the marriage deteriorated (#2 is now 7 years old...). I really thought I was the infertile one. Guess I wasn't...

The next question will be how to tell the guy....sigh....

Jillie
August 2nd, 2005, 07:55 AM
Veteran
Well I would say before you worry about how to tell the guy you should get a test and see what the results are first. Maybe you're worrying for nothing.

</a>
August 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Regular
I hope I'm worrying for nothing. Just bought a cheapie test on my lunch hour and took it -- NEG. If my period doesn't start, I'll test again in a week.

Glad to know you all are here if it turns positive.

Still no sign of my period.

Jillie
August 2nd, 2005, 12:42 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I'm glad you finally got a test. Just being able to relax alone my cause your period to show up in the next day or so. I know that I have been late before when I have been stressed or worried.

Either way good luck and we will all still be here for you.

August 2nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Regular
Thanks, all.

I really REALLY should stop reading about this on the internet; I'm driving myself crazy, LOL. I should have said that I'm NEVER late, even when stressed, cuz I usually freak out that my period is the LAST thing I need on top of everything else (and I've been through a lot in the past few years). A few times in the past few years I've been early (like 2 weeks early) which always happens at an inopportune time, too (cuz I'm unprepared as I just finished with my period).

Last week just around the time my period should have started I had one day where I went to the bathroom and wiped and there was faint pink on the toilet paper and I thought thank G*D, then nothing, and again 2 days later there was faint pink. Just twice, wipings in between no pink. That was almost a week ago and no still no period (implantation bleeding maybe??).

Also reading that first morning urine is best, but I used mid-day that wasn't in my bladder for 4 hours (I drink a lot of water at my desk) so the urine might've been diluted.

I've been pregnant twice before and my gut is saying I am, my brain is in denial, and I SO want to believe that neg test...the timing in my life stinks right now...but if you play with fire you might get burned.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks, all.

Jillie
August 4th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Regular
The wait is over.

I bought another pregnancy test yesterday with the plan to take it this morning.

Last night I developed a light pink spotting, so I used a pad overnight. When I got up this morning the pad was 120% saturated, and on top was a huge (like 1.5"x1") fibrinous clot. This is NOT like a normal period, which are occasionally heavy and with an occasional clot.

So either this is the strangest period of my life or an early miscarriage. But now I know I'm not pregnant.

Thanks for all your support, and good luck with your pregnancies.

Jillie
August 8th, 2005, 08:15 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry if it was a miscarriage, even though you may not have wanted to be pregnant in the first place. good luck!!

adrienne

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search