unplanned and kinda excited

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Veteran
I am pregnant, havent made a apt yet, but going to. I think I am about 5-7 weeks along, and even though it was a huge scarey realization, I kinda got excited before telling my boyfriend. I am 20, so still young, but working full time and working on getting my own place. But my boyfriend (23) really is completely petrified and doesnt want to keep it. He was adopted and says if you do it right it can be the best thing, but honestly I really want it. I just dont know how to convince him to even be sorta okay with it. I love him, and glad he says its my decision, but when i talked about keeping he reltutantly said he could lower al the things he wants to do in life and be a dad, but how do i convince him it wouldnt have to change everythingbn in him life, and can be a good thing?? I am just so confused, and worried. any ideas?
May 27th, 2007, 02:10 AM
irishxrose
You need to sit down and have a long serious talk with him. If you truly want this baby, then you need to get that point across to him.

I hate it when men assume that they have to drop anything and everything just to be a dad. Yes, it is a life-changing event, but that does NOT mean that you have to drop everything you want to do in life. My fiance pulled this crap, and it took a lot to make him realize that just because we were having a baby didn't mean that everything was being flushed down the toilets. He CAN be a dad and still have goals and dreams to fulfill.

I hope everything works out for the best sweetie.
May 28th, 2007, 03:20 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
if you really dont want to give the baby up for adoption then dont let anyone try to convince you otherwise. you're the babys mother, its up to you.

I'm glad to hear you're excited about it, it makes the pregnancy easier in general! Your bf will come round, they always do! if he was adopted himself then he;s probably gonna have reservations about being a parent, thinking things like his parents couldnt handle him, how is he gonna do it, things like that. perhaps be sensitive about it and try to get him to talk about it. (i know, blood from a stone with a guy!!!)

I want to congratulate you and i hope you stick around! the ladies here are so great. how have you been feeling physically?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
May 30th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Veteran
Quote:
if you really dont want to give the baby up for adoption then dont let anyone try to convince you otherwise. you're the babys mother, its up to you.

I'm glad to hear you're excited about it, it makes the pregnancy easier in general! Your bf will come round, they always do! if he was adopted himself then he;s probably gonna have reservations about being a parent, thinking things like his parents couldnt handle him, how is he gonna do it, things like that. perhaps be sensitive about it and try to get him to talk about it. (i know, blood from a stone with a guy!!!)

I want to congratulate you and i hope you stick around! the ladies here are so great. how have you been feeling physically?[/b]
THank you guys so much... I have done alot of talking and explaining to my boyfriend, and got help. he is still haveing alot of problems, but realized supposrting me was more that guilting me, and even got a little excited about nameing and some superfishial stuff to start out with. EVeryone on here has been so nice

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search