New Mommy To Be (hopefully)

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2005, 11:13 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey everyone. I'm new here and just found out I'm pregnant, or at least I hope/think I am. Let me explain. I took a test early sunday morning and got a faint positive. The second line was really light but visible. That afternoon I took another one and got the same result, a little lighter than the first but you could still see it. There's no way it could be a false positive could it? I'm just kinda worried cause I've had some mild cramping today, almost feels like period cramps but I was told that was normal. Is it? I'm not that far along, only about 4 weeks and I was actually quite surprised that the test showed up + so soon. (I know the day I concieved because it was the only day in july that I had sex and that was only 2 weeks ago) I just don't won't to get my hopes up and than be disappointed. I haven't seen a doc yet, hoping to get an apt in the next couple days. But any insight to the cramping and whether or not it could be a false positive would be great. Oh and also I was told when you're pregnant you have discharge. As far as I can tell I don't have any. Is that normal?

Thanks to everyone who replies. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

August 1st, 2005, 11:50 PM
Miss_La's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Miss_La Send a message via MSN to Miss_La Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_La
First of all, welcome to the boards! Glad to have you here. Congrats on your pregnancy, wish you all the best!

I'm no expert, so anyone replying feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. You won't get discharge until you mucus plug has had a chance to better form. The cramps are a symptom of pregnancy as well. I was told that you get cramps because of your uterus swelling and putting slight pressure on all your organs surrounding it.

Hope I was of some assitance to you, and again CONGRATS on your pregnancy!

</div>
August 2nd, 2005, 06:10 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all welcome! The cramping is because your uterus is stretching and making room for the baby. As for discharge, some women have an increase, some dont. It doesnt really matter either way. And YES YOU CAN GET A FALSE POSITIVE. It is very possible. However. To get 2 false positives in a row are uncommon. So if you have a feeling that its a false positive then you should test again in the morning because your urnine is more concentrated. Or you can just wait til you go to the Dr and ask for a blood test to know for sure. Good luck!

August 2nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
I didn't get more discharge until my mucus plug formed. About the cramping, I thought I was goin to have my period for a while because I felt like I was having period cramps. So I took a test a week and a half after my period was due because I was so sure I was goin to have my period. The faint positive could be because your body has HcG in it but not a significant amount so I would re-test in a week or so and it could be a darker line, or like you said go to a doctor. Good luck with everything.

August 2nd, 2005, 08:23 AM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, thanks for all the replies! I'm Jen by the way and I'm 20. Anyway,I took another test this morning and it came out positive again, and the second line was a lot darker than the first couple times. So I guess thats means I'm going to be a mom! That sounds so scarey yet so wonderful at the same time, even though this was unplanned.

I'm a little worried telling the father though. We're not in a relantionship so its going to be awkward. But I'm not going to say anything until I've been to the docs.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

August 2nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
dakota05_logan08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to dakota05_logan08 Send a message via Yahoo to dakota05_logan08
Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! Hopefully everything turns out ok with you telling the father. BTW, I'm Alisa, 19, due with my first (a boy) on Sep. 5th. I'm sure you'll love it here just as much as I do. All the ladies are great.
August 2nd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Miss_La's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Miss_La Send a message via MSN to Miss_La Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_La
Sorry for the misguided information.....but just wanted to say congrats again.

</div>
August 8th, 2005, 09:09 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on your pregnancy and good luck!!

adrienne

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search