friends

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2007, 03:13 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did all your friends react to the news you were going to be a mom? are you still included in plans, do they still call?

It was my 21st birthday yesterday and not one of my friends called or text or emailed to say happy birthday. its like now i'm pregnant I'm no use to them any more. I'd gladly chose to have a baby and my husband over going out partying, but i thought my friends were better than that.

anyone else experiencing this kinda thing?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
May 28th, 2007, 07:47 AM
asianmama
yeah but i was always the baby so even if i didnt have kids i wouldnt be able to go party yet. but when we had dinner/lunch gatherings at red robin or sharis i was always left out. unless i was the one making plans for the gathering. i still get left out now days but thats just because all my friends want to get drunk . so i really dont need to be exposing my kids to that.

ps- only one friend still calls.she is my kids auntie (by friendship not by blood)
May 28th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All my friends ditched me as well. They realized they cannot use my house to party anymore so I became unless to them.

I could vent for hours about this one girl... She use to be a really good friend but as soon as I stopped going out she decided I was too 'negative' to live in her perfect world and blocked me on msn and myspace without telling me that she doesn't want to speak to me anymore. You'd think 'oh well, we aren't going to speak anymore, that is the end of it' but no. This girl keeps writing blogs and livejournal entries about me, and all her myspace quiz answer are about me. It is so pathetic and annoying. I am so frustrated because I cannot message her and tell her to grow the ##### up and get over me because she blocked me in every way possible. idiot.

I still have a few people who will speak to me on mns but they never ask me to go anywhere with them or anything.

I only have one friend left now, and I know it is only because she is pregnant too.

Sorry your friends are being like this too, some people are just too immature to be called friends anyway.

May 28th, 2007, 09:02 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Uhg. Yes!

I'm sorry your friends have left you behind. That is disappointing and frustrating. They aren't worth your time and don't deserve your friendship. Same goes to you Nikki! Not worth it.

Once I stopped going out pretty much all of my friends abandoned me as well. I still talk to a few of them on instant messenger and sometimes they text/call if they need something. None of us were never the big party group but we used to go do stuff almost every night. I guess since I'm pregnant they don't care to invite me anymore.

Grrr, how immature.

</div>
May 28th, 2007, 10:26 AM
its like they dont know what to say to me when they do see me so they just dont bother. DH friends have been amazing tho, i dont understand how girls cant handle it. i got tons of emails from his friends wishing me good luck and stuff. i dont expect them to invite me out or anything, but it was so sweet they thought of me.

I just feel really isolated. i have my family, and they're amazing, but i would love to get to know other moms too, so we could go places that are baby friendly.

May 28th, 2007, 11:54 AM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pixie_punk
My friends and my bf's friends are pretty much the same people, so it's frustrating when they call him but don't call me (we don't live together), but sometimes I think they assume we come as a package deal anyway and if they call him, then he'll call me. Most of my friends are guys and have been very supportive though... they still invited me up to the cottage for our May long weekend which was nice, even though being the only sober person around them isn't that much fun. lol.

It's mostly me who doesn't want to go party with them as much anymore. I'm only 18 so I could never go to bars and stuff anyway, but we'd hang out and party and they used to get me alcohol, but now I don't even wanna be around that as much anymore... plus one of my friends, whenever he gets drunk he tries to get everyone else to drink whatever he has and it gets old fast when I have to keep reminding him that I'm pregnant.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>
May 28th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My friends didn't completely abandon me, they just didn't invite me out after they found out I was pregnant. There were still phone calls and IM's, but I definately became closer with my other "mommy friends"

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

May 28th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
I still hear from my guy friends, and occasionally go out to lunch, etc. The few female friends I had have kind of backed away though.
May 29th, 2007, 06:18 AM
its like they think pregnancy is contagous or something!

May 29th, 2007, 12:31 PM
ChibiCheekies16's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stopped hanging out with most of my old friends before I got pregnant. When I do see my friends they understand that I'm not the "going out" type of person anymore and they don't even ask. I find myself talking to my friend who has a one year old son more now and the other mommies that I know. There's just more in common it seems.

May 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM
i spoke to a friend of mine today and her biggest worry was how she was gonna handle bumping into a random guy she slept with in the pub tonight. ugh, i just felt like her problems were so stupid in the grand scheme of things and i found it really hard to listen and take it seriously.

maybe its better that we dont associate much. the insignificance of her problems annoyed me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search