Could I be?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2005, 06:44 PM
Regular
I need some input from some other people to know if I am being paranoid or not. I had unprotected sex with a guy I know late this last Friday. We used the pull out method which I know is not 100% safe and I am kicking myself for it now. I was supposed to start my period between Sunday and Tuesday. Last night I saw a few spots of blood and thought I had started, but this morning there was nothing. I have continued to have very minor spots of blood and no normal flow like I would usually have with my menstrual cycle. There is some slight cramping and backaches occasionally, but usually I have much worse. Being a bit scared I went and took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Is it possible I really am pregnant this soon after having sex and even though it wasn't during one of my more fertile days of the month? Just need to know if I am being paranoid or if this is really something to be concerned about. Thanks!
August 3rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
MamaBx3
Get a test!
The spotting might be from the egg burrowing itself into the uterus wall. But you might just be late because you are stressing.

Good luck!!
August 3rd, 2005, 08:16 PM
Larkin121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Being that Friday was so close to the day your period was due, I'd say your chances aren't that high. It is, of course, possible, because you could have ovulated late.

It's possible to spot instead of a period and not be pregnant. My sister has had spotting for 2 weeks instead of a period and she is definitely not pregnant. I've had that before, too.

However, if you are pregnant, it won't show up on a test until probably next friday... usually a test will show positive two weeks after conception. So, as hard as it sounds, I think you'll have to try to wait patiently until then to test again. Good luck!

August 4th, 2005, 07:01 AM
1proudmom2kalli
Yeah- I'm with the other girls- Sounds like you need another test. Could've been implantation bleeding or you could be causing your period to come late because of stress. Good luck!
August 4th, 2005, 07:45 AM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
YOU CAN GET PREGNANT ANY DAY OF THE MONTH!!!! Usually implanation doesn't complete till 2 weeks after fertilization but who knows. If no period for a while just test and find out that way. It's as simple as that. Oh and don't stress over it because that can delay your period.

August 4th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Regular
I think I will need to wait another week before I know for sure. The bleeding has completely stopped. I have been having cramps and backaches very light almost consistently. Sometimes the cramps go away and I get more of an abdominal pain. I'm trying not to stress since I know this only causes my period to be even more out of whack, but it's hard since this has never happened to me before. Not to mention I am going on vacation for over a month a half starting Saturday and would hate to be dealing with this during that time.
August 4th, 2005, 10:48 AM
MamaBx3
Good luck Sarah!

Keep us posted!
August 4th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Yea, its gonna suck with the whole vacation coming up. If your period hasn't started by Saturday just take care of yourself during your vacation.

August 4th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Regular
I called and talked to a nurse today at a clinic. She said that it is highly unlikely that even if I was pregnant that it is the reason my period is acting funny since it has only been 5 days since I had sex. Although it isn't unheard of, usually it wouldn't affect my period this quickly I guess. So she said to just wait until 10 days after the last time I had sex and see if the pregnancy test comes up positive. Otherwise I just need to monitor my menstrual cycle for the next month and see if it ends up getting back to normal. Now I am just trying to relax and not stress about things as it is only going to make things worse on my body.
August 4th, 2005, 01:32 PM
What I would do is just wait and see if your period comes next month.

August 4th, 2005, 02:27 PM
MamaBx3
I wouldn't wait to see if your period comes next month ..

That would mean you'd have to spend this next month being extra careful (alcohol, etc)

The sooner you find out, the better!

Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search