Need Advice

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
So about 2 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. Completely Unexpected, I have taken BC since i was 16, RELIGIOUSLY.
Yes ive been asked if i missed a pill and all that. My issue is that I come from a fairly conservative family. Roman Catholic
that whole bit. My parents are aware of the fact that I am sexually Active, not happy about it, but im 20 what can they do.
I need to figure out the best way to tell my parents that I am pregnant. My mom has told me before that if my sister and I were
to get pregnant, my parents won't disown me, they'll be disappointed and such but will support me, but not to let it happen.
So as you can imagine Im a bit terrified to tell them. I had my 'confirmation' appointment today at the OBGYN, so its not
like im not taking care of myself and the baby daddy is very much in the picture.

Any advice on the best ways to break it to them would be greatly appreciated! I know i need to tell them soon!!

Laur

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

June 8th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hello i am just popping in from the aug 06 PR.. as my dd was unplanned to say the least... anyways i was just like you except i was worried about telling my mom,dad, aunt, grandma...we had a close family. I stressed forever on how to tell them when ..where everything. Then finally i realized theres no better way to say it i just need to say it.... theres no way to make it sound good to them blahh.. so i just thought some advice to you just pull them aside sit them down and just tell them...and then let them ask questions and stuff... i hope that helps!!!!!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
June 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats and welcome!!

I asked my mom how she felt about an addition to the family. She took it better than I thought she would. Of course she doesn't think Briana is a mistake and loves her to bits... I'm sure your parents will come around too.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

June 8th, 2007, 03:55 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome to the unplanned pregnancy board and CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm also roman catholic so i understand how things work in our types of family, "fallen women" and all that jazz.
I was absolutely terrified to tell my parents. i was also 20 (i turned 21 2 weeks ago) and i waited till new years day to do it so i wouldnt ruin christmas.
they hit the roof, for about an hour. then they realised that i needed their support, and while it was still a touchy subject for a few weeks after, my mom is so excited about this baby, she's bought me EVERYTHING i need. and my dad, he worries about the practicalities of me raising a baby and does still get upset about it, but is really looking forward to having a grandchild. he promises me every few days that my daughter will want for nothing as long as he has air in his lungs.

so while it is terrifying to tell them, just remember, while you'd do anything to help your child, they'll do anything to help yours. you just have to be brave and get the hard part over with.

please keep us posted! if you need to talk theres alot of us here who have all been in the same position as you!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search