What kind of assistance are you on??

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Veteran
I have CC, but day care is still 330!! AND to top it off I just paid 300, we owed 800.. so it should be 500.. the reciete I got said we owed 1100 and so we still owe 800!! UGH its not right we tryed telling her, but she wont listen.. she is ripping us off in the first place, everyone else only pays like 120.. anyways, they called us today and said the twins wouldnt take a nap so they wanted us to come pick them up.. we didnt get the message in time.. but I was like are you serious.. they are babys, they cant handle babies.. I am looking for a new day care! I have begun to HATE this one!

anyways thats not what this post was about lol sorry

that is all we get plus medicaid.. no f-stamps or welfare.. are there any other things.. oh ya we get wic too..

June 14th, 2007, 02:55 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Parental assistance?

John and I don't receive any government assistance. We don't qualify. My parents pay all our bills.

I'm sorry you are having so many problems with your daycare provider! I think you are doing the right thing by trying to find a new one. You should feel comfortable with the place you leave your children at. You should also think they care and know they aren't ripping you off. Good luck!

</div>
June 14th, 2007, 07:07 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am sorry you are having day care problems. Day care for me will cost me about $850 a month and that is just ONE baby.

On top of that we don't qualify for ANY financial assistance at all. Sometimes it would be nice to have help but I am glad to be financially stable.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
June 14th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Veteran
I mean I would be happy to just get some food stamps.. food is exspensive.. we dont qualifiy for it! but I mean I guess they are just tryn to make it where people dont live on it.. I dont plan on being any assistanst in two years!! YAY.. Ill be out of school.. I just cant wait!

June 16th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
ugh, we don't qualify for anything.. I want WIC. -whine-

myspace
June 17th, 2007, 08:49 AM
asianmama
we get wic and my and the kids health care--dont qualify for food stamps or any other assistance
June 17th, 2007, 04:23 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
Right now we get wic and i am on medicade. After my little girl is born we qulify for day care assistance and food stamps.

June 25th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Veteran
Quote:
o aout of your wallet and you can’t afford it you need to find a close friend or family member that can watch your baby somedays… So yoi can save money. They do have programs for daycare assts.[/b]
hmm.. we do have day care assistance.. but we are changen day care because we hate it there! Autumn was sick and they didnt even call me.. and when we picked her up they didnt even say that she was sick (they never say how they acted or feeled that day!!) - We owe 400, they trynl to say we owe 900. And that is crazy because we havent even been there long enought to owe 900!! but we have to pay them off before we move to the other day care.. its the CC policy.. so I think we are going to ask family for help because it will just keep racking up.. plus the other day care is cheaper!

June 26th, 2007, 10:47 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I would lodge a complaint with your CC case worker! I currently pay $55 a week for daycare. Plus I get $10 a month in foodstamps. I still have medicaid but it will end on July 1 because I got my insurance through work this month. I did have WIC when I was pg as well.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
June 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Are you working or in school? I know that you were saying before how you wanted to find a job, and I'm not sure if you're in school yet or what kind of hours....but why not just stay home w/ them instead? It'll definitely save you money...
June 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM
NYJenn
Quote:
I would lodge a complaint with your CC case worker! I currently pay $55 a week for daycare. Plus I get $10 a month in foodstamps. I still have medicaid but it will end on July 1 because I got my insurance through work this month. I did have WIC when I was pg as well.[/b]
Popping in from the Jan ddc. I can't believe they would give you $10 a month for foodstamps. What can you get with 10 bucks now a days..not even a meal.
July 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
I get WIC and healthcare through a managed care plan.

I also am applying to CC assistance as SOON as I get the child support thing in the mail (u need child support in order to apply in NY) for when I start college.

July 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Veteran
I moved them to the other day care its only 65 a month!!!!! JDee.. you dont get child support !!?? that BS.. I would get on his butt!

July 7th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Quote:
I moved them to the other day care its only 65 a month!!!!! JDee.. you dont get child support !!?? that BS.. I would get on his butt![/b]

Yeah I do now but I havent gotten the official form things in the mail yet. I get $67/week.

July 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Veteran
you get 67 a week for CS? .. are you happy with that? I was just wondering..

July 8th, 2007, 11:51 AM
yea, plus i get $400 he owes me in backed support, which hes paying $10/extra a week until its paid off.

and i really have no choice even if i didnt like that because thats 17% of his pay

July 12th, 2007, 01:29 PM
$300 a month... that's great!

Daycare here is $1100 per month... I'm going to stay at home and go to school until my child is in school.
July 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
we didn't qualify for any government assistance except a small portion of labor & delivery...
so we moved back home and dh is working for his dad so we could get immediate health benefits through work and now mostly everything is covered.. but we're paying $300+ a month for it. and it's by no means government assitance!
Edited to make a bit more clear to read

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search