How Did It Happen?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Regular
Normally we were using the pull out method but this one happened on day 4 of my 7 day period.

As an aside, I had never done the temperature charting, but I was a regular 28 day cycle with what I thought were "ovulation" cramping 14 days into it...
June 21st, 2007, 05:14 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I was on the pill, but I switched types and my doctor told me to be careful for a few weeks, and I thought I had everything all figured out and counted the right number of days when making the switch, but apparently not so much. [/b]
This is my story with this pregnancy except my OB said I was no big deal, he was shocked when I came in preggo!

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

June 22nd, 2007, 09:09 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Pnutsmomma
condoms lol
those good ol things
its funny cuz we told this girl who told us she never uses anything n shes lucky she doesnt get pregnant and i told her"well we used condoms evertime n we still got pregnant,so i guess ur times coming"sure enough shes 5months lol

btw i think all of us who get pregnant even though we're on some type of bc are ujst blessed i mean c'mon think about it,God wants us to have this kid for a reason.
so that makes our kids EXTRA special
June 22nd, 2007, 08:02 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was on the Seasonal pill.

I thought that I had missed on, but I was already pregnant when that happened (I didn't know it yet) so I am not too sure what really happened.

July 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
1st pregnancy - Pull-n-pray

2nd pregnancy - Mini-pill (because i cant take regular pill) and partial abstinance (only had sex ONE time) and pull-n-pray too

July 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
No birth control.. & no condoms
Yeah not the smartest!
docs always told me it was basically impossible for me to get PG. well..what do they know huh!?
but it happened for a great reason!

Oh also.. he was uber drunk (his 21st bday) so that could of played also a part.
July 3rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
mommywith3boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We weren't trying to prevent it. My doc had told me it would be very difficult for me to get pg this time due to having cervical cancer and surgeries to get rid of the cancer. I have alot of scar tissue down there. But lo and behold after not using BC for 8 mos I got pg.
<div align="center">Austin (12)</div>
<div align="center">Devon (8) </div>
<div align="center">Connor (4)</div>
July 3rd, 2007, 10:28 PM
Regular
We had been using condoms and I was on the pill, but i went on vacation and missed my pills a couple times, had to double up twice in the same week, went home to him and for the first time in over a year he didnt want a condom on??.. I tried to put a condom on him thinking well what if I messed up my pill effectiveness and low and behold.. I'm not a very good pill taker...

talk about shocked.. have you heard a grown man cry? I have...
July 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was actually trying. I had talked about it with my boyfriend and he always said it would be great to have a baby with me. So, he never pulled out and I'm allergic to condoms and I wanted to get pregnant anyways,

WELL, apparantly he doesn't know where babies come from because he was in complete shock and wants nothing to do with the baby, blames me, said I wanted this not HIM.

Um, it takes TWO to tango buddy!

</div>
July 5th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Danielle518's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Danielle518
Unprotected sex because 1) I was drunk, 2) I wasnt expecting to O for days!!

</a></div>
<div align="center">

</div>
July 6th, 2007, 04:25 AM
m.and.a
I took depo and BC for years before I figured out that it was what was causing my depression and lack of sex drive. I have a very normal, make plans by it, 27 day cycle, so I chart. We used condoms or avoided the week of O. Of course, we haven't had very active sex lives since our last pregnancy, but it sure did work before then, and we've gotten pregnant each time the first time trying, so I have to believe we're very fertile and that I'm good at charting. Try mymonthlycycle.com to chart.
July 9th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty sure it was after a night of drunken debauchery. We used to drink a lot on the weekend, so wild sex was a weekly thing. I was using the Nuva Ring. It was effective for over three years, but like everyone else has said, nothing is fool proof. Maybe another medication I was taking messed with the hormone levels. Who knows?

Everyone keeps mentioning the pre-cum thing. It bears mentioning. Even if the man says he can feel the pre-cum, how can he be sure that he is feeling it before any leaks out? It's not like it's a spurt. It's more of a leak and is full of the little swimmers that have us on this site to begin with. Withdrawal is only about 70% effective.
July 9th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Regular
I talked to a doctor at planned parent hood about guys being able to "feel their pre-cum". And both the doctor and the nurse said that the guy is full of it. lol its, just not something you can control or feel.
July 10th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Veteran
Quote:
I was actually trying. I had talked about it with my boyfriend and he always said it would be great to have a baby with me. So, he never pulled out and I'm allergic to condoms and I wanted to get pregnant anyways,

WELL, apparantly he doesn't know where babies come from because he was in complete shock and wants nothing to do with the baby, blames me, said I wanted this not HIM.

Um, it takes TWO to tango buddy![/b]
Wow your ex must be related to mine That is almost exactly my story too... he would go on and on and on about how he wanted a baby with me, finally I was convinced... I get pregnant a month later and apparently I made it all up and he never wanted a kid

men hey??

July 11th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Regular
Quote:
Quote:

Um, it takes TWO to tango buddy![/b]
Wow your ex must be related to mine That is almost exactly my story too... he would go on and on and on about how he wanted a baby with me, finally I was convinced... I get pregnant a month later and apparently I made it all up and he never wanted a kid

men hey??
[/b]

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything works out for you guys
July 12th, 2007, 07:16 AM
sonadora's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to sonadora Send a message via MSN to sonadora Send a message via Yahoo to sonadora
I was using a diaphragm......

July 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
melkissa2004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
we used 1 of the following:
vaginal contraceptive foam
vaginal contraceptive film
or a condom
EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!
still got prego =)
never used the pull & pray method

July 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Regular
I used a free chart from WebMD.com. The ovulation chart that I used to avoid pregnancy has now turned into my pregnancy calendar! We used the chart and withdrawal until I was back on the pill (my appointment for that was the same day I found out I was pregnant), apparently they weren't so effective! Goodluck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search