Possibly Pregnant & Terrified!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2007, 06:48 PM
<span style="font-family:Georgia">Hello Everyone! I've been "lurking" here at just mommies for a few days now and I've decided to post my dilemma.

I'm 24, been married for 3 years (as of yesterday!) to my husband (who's 27). We've been "together" for ten years though! (Yep, high school sweethearts and all that jazz!) We have always been on the same page about children, we want them but not yet! (I'm in Nursing School and he's a Truck Driver... so we are/were hoping to wait until I graduate and work for a year or two and he gets a job "at home"!)

I've been on "The Patch" since January... and never had it fall off or miss a "Switch". But this past week my "visitor" was due, and all I got was about 2 days of VERY light spotting first thing in the morning. I haven't tested yet, since I'm spending my summer vacation on my husband's truck my only shopping chance has been in truckstops, and they don't sell pregnancy tests Well, today I was doing some research and found out my doctor shouldn't have prescribed me the patch, since I'm "overweight" (206 lbs) and the patch isn't exactly reliable on women over 180 (according to some info I've been finding...) Guess I just trusted my doctor

I also haven't talked to my husband about it. Not directly. When we were first married I wanted a baby so badly (all of our friends were having them, so I was a bit envious!) but the time was never right. So in some bizarre way I'm worried that he'll think I did this on purpose. (I'm not sure why I think that, we have a very open relationship and we have pretty great communication... but this fear sticks in my mind. ) We've had several friends who've had girlfriends "skip" a pill to get pregnant (a pretty nasty thing if you ask me!) so I think my fear comes from that...

I'm very excited at the prospect of a baby! And I do think that it could work out with our lifestyle... I have no doubt my husband would come home from "the road" and I could switch to the part time (nights) program at school so that one of us could always be with the baby.

I'm curious, when you found out how did you talk to your husband/significant other? How did they react?

Thank you for listening to my rant!
June 28th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I have a friend who was put on the patch even though she is about 125 overweight. I do not know why some doctors do not think of the weight limit for the patch.

When I began thinking I was pregnant I did not know how to talk to my bf about it so I just tested without telling him. As you can tell I got a BFP and I still did not know what to say to him so I just showed him the test. At first he was really upset about it and asked me about 50 times if I was sure and what I wanted to do about it. After that night we did not talk about it for about two weeks. But after that he started to come around and he get excited about it.

Good luck and I hope you get whatever result is in your heart. Let us know how it goes?

June 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well the first thing I would say is there really is NO right time to get pregnant. You think, Oh in a year or two we will have more money but then next year comes around and you need to pay taxes or something and poof there goes that baby money, lol.

But when you GET pregnant, all of a sudden, its awesome. Its perfect! What were you ever waiting for (I should have waited for a husband, lol but whatever) and you will be soooo happy.

but, not to get your hopes up, it sounds like you did have a light period so unless you test, you won't know if you are pregnant or what. And being on a big truck doesn't seem condusive to early pregnancy, but I'm a nervous wreck so maybe its just me.

I do think that you need to talk to your husband and explain what is going on. If this does seem to be a false alarm, maybe it will prove to be the push he needs because it sounds like you want a baby now instead of later. And believe me, wanting a baby is going to take over your life until you have one!
<div align="center">

June 28th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I actually had two days of implantation bleeding that I mistook for a period, so it is still possible.

Test ASAP!

June 29th, 2007, 05:33 AM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
Hello and welcome to the board!

As Nikki said, implantation bleeding can easily be mistaken for a light period. I recall having some spotting over the course of a few days and thought my cycle was out of whack again. Apparently it was implantation bleeding.

It's difficult to talk to your DH/DF/BF/SO about suspecting pregnancy. I remember not wanting to even discuss the issue with my DF until I knew for sure. It will probably be a shock to him at first but that's normal. Just let him know that pregnancy is a possibility and you need to take a test. He loves you and will come to terms with having a baby, even if he/she is unplanned. I don't think there is ever a "right" time to have a baby, you know? Everything happens for a reason and if you are meant to have a baby at this stage in your life, it will happen.

Just take a test ASAP! Good luck and keep us updated.
<div align="center">

June 29th, 2007, 08:09 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I agree w/ what the others have said, there is no right time to have a baby. You need to test ASAP and let your husband know what's going on. I'm sure once the shock settles he'll be ok. I hope things work out for you!
beckii ... momma to my beautiful princess Mikayla Lynn 01.18.06
June 29th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I'm in a similar situation.. besides the fact that I'm only 21 (and my DH is almost 25). I wanted to finish school, and certainly let him mature a LOT before we got pregnant, but it happened.. = ) now we're excited as HECK, but at first we were both pretty upset.

I bled for almost TWO WEEKS before I found out that I was pregnant.. and I've had a relatively normal and good pregnancy (minus being a little hyperthyroidic) so it's definitely possible that you are.. mine was light, too.. and I just kept on waiting and waiting and waiting for the normal flow.. it never came. hah.

Like Lisa said.. it's NEVER the right time.. no one is ever fully prepared.. he'll get used to it, even if he's scared at first. It'll turn out wonderfully for you, I'm sure.

Trust me, you're in a lot better place than some people are.. that's what I had to keep on reminding myself of = )

June 29th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my boyfriend and his reply was "I need a ciagarette".

He still hasn't matured.

He was never scared of it in the first place, and now he loves his daughter to death.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

June 29th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Thank you all for your replies!!

I know that it's a possibility I am just paranoid; but I am having several symptoms as well. (Which may be brought on by paranoia!)

Tomorrow I plan on testing! (We're making a shopping run!) So I will let you know the results!

Personally, I am excited if I am pregnant! And I think eventually my husband will be too! But I definitely think it will take him awhile to warm up to the idea!

Thank you again!

July 3rd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Have you tested yet?Why don't you check out the am I pregnant board if you are unsure about your symptoms.Good luck and update us soon.

July 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I ditto all the other girls. Personally, I told my DD's father I was pg before I even tested. I just knew I was. He waited outside the bathroom door when my AF didn't come the day it was due. I came out with the test and was smiling and crying at the same time. I handed him the test and he got all excited. The rest is history. I'm sure everything will be fine. Good luck!
Sara, 27, married to Shane, 31, mom to Gemma, 6, and Ashlyn, born 8/7/10

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
July 5th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to SilverRose Send a message via Yahoo to SilverRose
Yea, come on Girlie! Log on and tell us! I'm curious!!!

Thank you, Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search