Abortion or Baby?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
aww yay.. I keep on checking this hoping that you'd update = )

I didn't want to sound pushy either way before so I didn't say it, but you sound like you're going to make an AMAZING mom and that you'll truly care for this baby.

And yes, when you're 90 you'll still have a child.. but will a 70 year old be dependent on you? lol. I hope by then he/she is out on their own!

Good luck to you.. and stick around unplanned pregnancies.. I'm sure everyone else wants to follow your story, too.. and I know I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

myspace
July 4th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG- Congratulations!!! You can so do this. You sound like you are very very smart.

I hope we will see you in the January DDC. I belong to both Dec and Jan and the ladies there are fantastic. Always someone to talk to.

You wont regret having this baby and you have a long time to get ready and prepare your family.

I thought my dad would trip out. He ALWAYS said don't get pregnant, dnt have kids. But hes actually really great. We live together (i'm doing this on my own) and he cooks for me and takes care of me and is really great.

</div>
July 4th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you! I am glad you made your decison based on what you want and not what other people want for you.

Stick around here or check out the January DDC.

July 7th, 2007, 06:51 AM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
Hi and Welcome! I'm actaully also from your DDC (january) and god only knows that I was/kinda still am in your
situation... me and my bf had only been dating 9 months when i found out i was PG, we don't have race as an issue
but we do have the fact that my parents are roman catholic.... lets just say on my dads side of the family, which we are
very close to, I am the very first person to get pregnant out of wedlock... oh yea so telling my parents was the DREADED,
i cried and cried i didnt know what i was going to tell them to not disappoint them. Thankfully my SO was not saying that i
had to get an abortion ( NEVER let any one tell you that YOU have to do it!! It's YOUR body and there can be such nasty physical
and emotional side effects!! do research show your BF that it is not a good thing all around!!) though he did mention it a time or
two. I told him i was raised to think it was wrong, and i would not kill my baby! Sooooo I guess i found out around May 27th that i Was
PG... I waited till June 23rd to tell my parents. I E-mailed them first, telling them I was coming home the next day and
that I had something to talk to them about that they were not going to like, and so on. I was basically explaining myself the best I could
with out saying that i was PG. Needless to say I shook the entire way to my parents house. and when i got there i didn't beat around the bush
i just told em straight out. I think the email helped prepare, but they were still not terribly happy. My mom mentioned that I should put it
up for adoption (NEVER!!!) and then went on to tell me that she wasnt ready nor did she want to be a grandma yet (she will be 53 this year)
AND THEN went on to complain as to what to tell HER friends and WHAT ON EARTH are we going to tell the family... she made some comments
that really hurt me. But people told me not to take them to heart because she was upset and shocked at the time... My dad, he stayed pretty
level headed though i could see the shock in his face too.

The best advice i can give you is to just tell them ASAP telling them made it feel as if the world had been lifted off of my shoulder!
I know it may hurt to see them upset and disappointed, but as you said your had it happen to her. They may be more supportive than you
think!

As for your BF stand your Ground, its your body your decision! Once you get an u/s and show it to him he may start coming around, since
at this early stage PG is not as real for men as it is women.

Good luck Hope this helped any bit~

If you ever need to talk PM me, Im in your situation exactly... I'll be turning 21 in October so we are about the same age also!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

July 7th, 2007, 08:44 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Hey, I just wanted to say thats great you made up your mind...I wish you a happy & healthy 9 months (well, less than that now )!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search