How did you find out?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2007, 02:07 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
How did you find out you were pregnant? Was it from a home pregnancy test or a blood/urine test at a doctor's office?

</div>
July 7th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
HPT.. with MUCH accompanied shock = )

Definitely thought that it would say "negative" but it popped up with "positive" almost immediately.

It was after going to Texas Roadhouse with DH and then to see the movie 300.. on March 15th, I think. It was probably 1 in the morning.. we laughed.. we hugged.. we cried.. I went into shock. haha.

It wasn't confirmed at the doctor's office until mid april. (but by then, the incessant vomitting was a good enough clue)

myspace
July 7th, 2007, 05:32 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
HPT from the Dollar Tree which I took in a grocery store bathroom

July 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took a HPT because I just had a feeling.

I did not expect it to be positive at all, but it showed up positive almost immediately.

July 7th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Quote:

I did not expect it to be positive at all, but it showed up positive almost immediately.[/b]
Ditto. I cried because I wasn't even finished peeing yet.
July 7th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Mommy2AvaRose's Avatar Super Momma
Quote:

I did not expect it to be positive at all, but it showed up positive almost immediately.[/b]

July 8th, 2007, 12:12 AM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pixie_punk
HPT taken after I missed a period after being to-the-hour regular for like 5 years.

I cried, I panicked, I didn't tell anyone but my brother (who just about figured it out himself, ###### being a twin) for about 2 weeks.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>
July 8th, 2007, 05:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
I missed my period and took a test about a week after it was due, it came up negative. I then schedualed an appt with my gyno to see what was going on. (I was on the pill and always when i went on the sugar pills i got my af). By the time i got in my next period was due in a week. Negative pee test there, she did an internal exam and said i didnt feel preggo at all. She was like if you really want i can do a blood test but it doesnt seem necessary. So i said ok, being relieved i wasnt preggo! She offered me to take something to make my period come, i declined only because my period was due in a week and this pill would have taken 10 days to work anyways, what was the point? I went to visit my mom in VA and she made me go to the doc becasue my insurance was going to run out while i was there and she was afraid i had a thyroid problem. By this time i had missed my 2nd period and said ok. SO i did a pee in the cup, and she walked in and dropped that bomb. I cried for about 2 hours.... BIG BIG SURPRISE!!!!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
July 8th, 2007, 12:27 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i had taken the morning after pill and when my period didnt show up i thought it was just cos of the hormones from the pill. but bout 3 weeks after it was due i was in Boston on holiday and i felt terrible. i didnt actually throw up, but i did not feel good. so when i came home, me and DH were walking into our college and i vomited all over the path. he made me go to the doctor and i peed in a cup there and got a positive test from the nurse.

i kinda already knew and my DH was waiting outside so i felt pretty ok. i dont actually think i cried about it, as soon as we decided to keep it a week later, i was over the moon!!!!!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
July 9th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Luckystar83's Avatar Super Mommy
Home pregnacy test, was a few days late, but on BC so didnt think I would be pregnant but was a BFP and suprisingly happy. Told DF when he got in and he was over the moon, was a nice suprise!
July 9th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I actually took two urine tests, both negative. I guess it was early. I took a HPT just before my period was due and it came up negative. I wasn't late or anything, but I had a sneaking suspicion that I could be pg. I don't even know why, exactly. I had a gyno appointment a few days later. I was only a few days late, so I took a urine pg test when I was there. It came up negative too. A few days after that, I started to feel wierd, a little nauseous and just not myself. My period was almost two weeks late when I took the blood test. I already knew that it was positive before I got the results. I called the doctor's office the next day and it was definitely positive. I was about a month pg.
July 9th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only had one period since my surgeries last year. So when it didn't show up I didn't think anything of it, and the only time I had sex was 28 days after that one period so I figured I wasn't ovulating that day. HA! Two weeks after that I was sooooo tired all the time , very very irritable (had bad road rage, lol) and couldn't sleep. My mom and I were on the phone and I couldn't stop yawning. She was like, "Are you pregnant?" I went to the store and took a test right in the middle of the day, and there it was BFP. I called my mom back and she was sooooo excited she started telling everyone at work she was going to be a grandma.

</div>
July 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
I just had a feeling. I got all the same symptoms that i got with my son. I took a hpt and it came out positive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search