Mine was...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JustBeginning Send a message via Yahoo to JustBeginning
Hey, I just registered here last night. A couple of weeks ago I found out I was pregnant WHILE waiting for my period to start. That way, the sooner it started, the sooner I could get on my new birth control. Heh. Well, when I went in to get blood test results and PAP test results at the DHS, I asked for a pregnancy test. I've been late before, and never had a real regular period. My longest cycle was 37 days! I was only 6 days late, and whatdya know? Pregnant. I didn't really believe it myself, and when I left DHS, I went to get a pregnancy test from Wal-Mart, and there was the little + sign. Pretty dark, too.
My first appointment is this Wednesday (the 24th) at 8:30am! Man, that's early.

My fiance and I have been together for 7 months (on the 25th), and lived with my parents for 2 months, and have been living in our own place now for a little over a month. He'll be 21 on December 21st this year. We were talking about getting married even before I found out that I was pregnant.

I don't have a job, but plan on getting a part-time one for a while. My fiance Mark has a great job.. he gets paid every friday .. and gets paid between $300-$350 each time. It's funny, he's only been working there a month, and he's already made Foreman.
I've only lived in Arkansas a year.. and before that I lived in Texas for about 15 years. I'm originally from Michigan, and most of my family lives there, too.

I'm nervous but excited at the same time, and Mark's really excited, too. He's already saying he wants a boy.. I really want a girl, though.

I quit smoking, drinking, and taking pills a few months ago. And Mark's quit smoking pot.. which he did for me. He quit that in late March. I'm trying to be as healthy as I can right now, also, but it's hard sometimes.

Anywho.. guess that's all about me. Oh, and my name's Sarah.

http://sarahspears.avonrepresentative.com/

August 20th, 2005, 05:28 PM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Sarah. I just noticed that no one else has posted so i wanted to welcome you to Just Mommies. I usually hang out in the TTC message board, as me and DH are trying for our first. I just happened to pop in here and wanted to make sure you know we care and that we welcome you to the Just Mommies boards. The support here is great. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Even though it may have not been planned, you have been blessed. Seems like you and your fiance are on the right path and will be good parents. Best of luck to you all!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

August 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I've already "seen" you around the April board. Sounds like you and your fiance are doing well and have a good plan going.

August 21st, 2005, 12:07 AM
Pickle Pops's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome Sarah!! You'll find yourself addicted to JM in a few days -- I promise. My pregnancy was also unplanned but the more and more I experience it, the more and more excited I get. Congratulations!!

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

August 21st, 2005, 07:39 AM
Hi Sarah...Welcome to the board and big congratulations on your pregnancy! I can understand the overwhelming feeling...my boyfriend and I are about the same age as you guys, and also talked about getting married, but weren't really planning a little one quite yet...but they're all right, the further along I get in my pregnancy, the more excited I become...i wish the same for you. Good luck and keep us posted!
August 21st, 2005, 08:00 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Hi, my name is Renee. I hang out in here occasionally. I am due in Feb. with #2. My DD was completely unplanned....I was on b/c. We weren't married and had never even discussed marriage. I was 20 when I got pregnant and had her at 21. We moved in together when I was 7 and1/2 months preg and I ended up going into labor 1 week later. Our daughter was a premie but is very healthy now. We finally got married this past Oct. 2 weeks before out dauther turned 3....she was the cutest little flower girl!!!
Good Luck on your pregnancy!

August 21st, 2005, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to JustBeginning Send a message via Yahoo to JustBeginning
Thanks, Congrats and good luck to all of ya! I'm really liking it here, it's the best site I've found, so I think I'll actually stick around here.

August 21st, 2005, 09:30 AM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
Hello, I'm Chelsea, 16 yrs. old due January 13th. Trust me this was totally unplanned too!! lol. Hope you have a healthy pregnancy!!

August 21st, 2005, 06:23 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
Originally posted by JustBeginning@Aug 21 2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks, Congrats and good luck to all of ya! I'm really liking it here, it's the best site I've found, so I think I'll actually stick around here.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I'm glad you feel that way. I love it here too. Everyone is very helpful and supportive.

August 22nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Sarah, I've met you already in the April boards as well but wanted to say Hi again The last pregnancy I had back mid Febuary to May was unplanned. This one was only partly planned because we weren't trying or preventing.

Welcome. AND HI YA

August 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey all. Wow, Chelsea you're just 16? That's young! I know of an 8th grader at my nephew's school that's pregnant. And then my cousin was 15 and pregnant.. heh. Her baby was 2 months old when she turned 16. Hope you're doing good.

August 22nd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your pregnancy. Take care of yourself and your little one. Its hard qutting everything if you drink and smoke and what not. I quit smoking cigarettes and drinking right away. It gets hard sometimes but all you have to think about is your little one getting harmed. That usually keeps me from drinking or smoking. And once you feel them kick you rarely think about it anymore. Well anyways...good luck.

August 26th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Hi and welcome to the boards.. There are alot of friendly people on here.. My name is Cynthia.. And I have 2 boys.. We are currently working on our 3 child.. And this one was unplanned.. For my youngest is 8 months old and I am 3 months pg..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search