freaking out

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2007, 12:53 PM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its a little late for me to be freaking out, but its kinda hit me all of a sudden that in less than 2 weeks i'm gonna have to give birth. and then i'll be someones mother! i was cool with that, but now its so soon i'm freaking out. i dont think i'm ready!!!!

I DTD last night and had a bit of blood on my panties this morning and all day my discharge has been thick and gloopy. apparently its a sign that things are getting a move on, but its all happened so fast! i feel like it was only last week i was wondering if i was having a boy or girl!

did any of you have a freak out before you gave birth? is this normal?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
July 14th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say it's normal... but I'm also the one who needed more time!! Even though I had my hospital bag packed, I never felt like I was ready. I remember taking Briana home and thinking "now what? now what am I supposed to do with her??" ha... if only I had enjoyed that "quiet time" a little more.

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

July 14th, 2007, 06:36 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Well if you're not ready I dont recommend trying to self-induce labor! (your other post)

I'd say its normal....I wasnt really nervous, though..I was just ready for my baby to move the heck outta my belly!

July 14th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Regular
I dont think you ever feel ready when it gets closer to it... this is my fourth child, my first boy. I havent had a baby in nine years so I feel out of practice i guess lol. So this time yeah Im scared too... I have about ten weeks to go now. but dont worry when it gets down to it i know something takes over in you and you just know its time for them to come out and your mind occupies itself with doing what it has to do...and thats push the baby out... try not to think about it too much and rest!.. rest ! rest!!
July 15th, 2007, 03:53 AM
i had a cry to DH about it last night and i feel alot better. i'm just worried that i wont know how to take care of her and that people will think i'm a bad mother. i dont even know how to pick up a newborn, let alone do any of the rest. i've read all the books and went to the classes, but i still feel so unprepared.

July 15th, 2007, 11:45 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Dont worry hun, you'll do great! The motherly instincts will come to you and you will be a great mom!

July 15th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Quote:
The motherly instincts will come to you and you will be a great mom![/b]
do they really exist? i've been hoping they do!

July 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
It is normal. But you will get through it. The nurse in the hospital are there to help. Ask them as many queestions you want and they will answer you.

July 16th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't worry, you will be a wonderful mommy! I can't wait to see pictures opf your little girl!!! And you are so lucky, you have a husband to help!

</div>
July 16th, 2007, 08:12 PM
i have a funny situation with my husband, he wont be there to help except on weekends. he has to go away to work and while its not very far away, its just easier for him to live with his parents. so i'll be a single mommy during the week!

July 16th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I'm going to be a single mommy... forever.

I'm worried myself. If you find the answers, let me know.
July 22nd, 2007, 06:57 PM
Regular
yup another single mommy here.. but Im going to tell you ladies something, sometimes its just easier that way. When i was married my x gave me no help, he was the old fashioned its a womens job kinda type person. so not having a man around isnt neccisarily all that bad. Its one less mouth to feed, less clothes to wash, less dishes to do... think about the upside to it!... Girlfriends are great, I already have friends offering to take him if i just need a nap or time to get groceries... thank god

and to all you first time mommies, the good things about babies.. they really arent going to tell you that you suck at something, they have no idea what is going on, so dont worry so much because most likely they are just happy to be their next to YOU.

July 23rd, 2007, 03:11 AM
Quote:
and to all you first time mommies, the good things about babies.. they really arent going to tell you that you suck at something, they have no idea what is going on, so dont worry so much because most likely they are just happy to be their next to YOU.[/b]
thats something i never even thought of! she cant tell me i suck at being a mom and by the time she can i'll have figured it out...
thats for that advice mami21!

July 23rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i dont even know how to pick up a newborn, let alone do any of the rest. i've read all the books and went to the classes, but i still feel so unprepared.[/b]
At the hospital, you're baby will be swaddled most of the time, so it makes picking them up really easy.

You're going to do great as a mother, you'll see!!

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

July 23rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll do awesome!! If you mess up here and there, not only will the baby not tell you, the baby won't remember either!

If I can figure it all out so can you! Your almost a mommy!!!!

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 23rd, 2007, 09:51 AM
Quote:
At the hospital, you're baby will be swaddled most of the time, so it makes picking them up really easy.[/b]
in my hospital they dont allow the baby to be swaddled. that really annoys me. anyone know if they can actually stop me? i completely disagree with not having them swaddled. they've been so confined and snuggled for so long they obviously need to be introduced to the space gradually so as not to frighten them.

July 23rd, 2007, 11:18 AM
lvfunandfit's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's just silly. that's what babies like. How can a hospital have a rule like that?

I recommend getting a sling to use at home! Babies love them!

Check out Danika's website!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pQs8L/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ive never even held a baby until James was born 4 weeks ago..

you get used to it in about 5 minutes
July 24th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Quote:
I recommend getting a sling to use at home! Babies love them![/b]
i would love to, but i'm one of those people that fall alot and bump into things. i'm afraid i'll fall with the baby in the sling and without the cushion of amniotic fluid, seriously hurting her. i know it sounds silly but i dont trust myself!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search