question and help...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2005, 08:49 AM
princessangel83's Avatar Regular
Send a message via AIM to princessangel83
Ok Hello I'm new to all of this, really I am! though I have family around me that have kids of their own.

My fiance and I where not really thinking it would happened but it did. and I took a EPT test and i took both of them and they both came up + - meaning that I was Pregent.

because my brest are hurting. and they itch, each time my nipples get hard they hurt really bad and itch at the same time. I get morning sickness.

So after knowing all this I went to my fiance's stepmom's house which is also his Dad. But I told his step mom Sissy, and she was all happy, another family member there was talking to me about that i am since i'm having those above things happening to me and then my friend also said it to me today.

my friend Rebecca decided I should tell my soon to be Papa, but then i told him to tell my fiance's Mom. which I believe it has happened since Rachel had called Nikki which Nikki is Joey's Brother's wife. Nikki knocked on the door and told me to tell Joey (my fiance) to call his mom. Which I hope she doesn't get to mad because I don't know what to do, only family members I've yet to say anything is to my parents because my mom is sick right now and my dad is always working and I don't want to put more plan onto them because I love them, I'm only 21, but I know a lot about taking care of babys i took a child develoment (can't spell sorry) class in school paid full attation in it and made a A+.

I'll also help Nikki out with Will, her 1 year old whom is so cute!!

You woul think family be ok with it and be happy that there kids are growing up.

If we don't do it now we well never know how to take care of a kid. I just don't know how I'm gonna handle it and how my family well take it. I'm scared more then the less. I just don't know what to do at the moment.

If a family member knew and got mad would they get over it? Joey's mom isn't that nice to try to get along with all the time she has her bad days and her good days. just like my parents.

Joey's Dad didn't seem to mind, he wasn't that mad, and he wasn't yelling at me when Sissy told him. and Sissy said she'd help a lot when I have the kid since it also be her grandchild to besides just Rachel and them.
August 22nd, 2005, 09:38 AM
JCat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your new pregnancy.

All that matters is that your happy for yourself about this pregnancy. It's nice to have others happy for you but it's not nessacery. If anyone is upset they'll get over it eventually and be happy about your new baby.

It's great that you already have support, hold on to that information and feeling when thing feel too hard.

I don't know if this will help but here it goes: My mate and I fell pregnant back in March it was unplanned. I spent so much of that pregnancy worried about what his parents were going to say that I didn't fully enjoy the experince. We miscarried that pregnancy in mid May and that was one of the things I regreted was worring about what they'd think . This time around we we'ren't trying or preventing and I'm not at all concerned about what they'll say or think when we tell them at 12 weeks. I just don't care what they think anymore. We're happy about this baby and that's all that matters.

Good luck.

August 22nd, 2005, 09:50 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! I had a few family members upset with me at first. But they got over it quickly. Its just a shock to some people.

August 22nd, 2005, 02:14 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
When I got pregnant with my DD I thought my mom would never speak to me again. She did come around and loves my DD. She is also VERY excited that I am pregnant again. By the way.... I was 20 when when I got preg with DD and 21 when I had her.
Congrats on your pregnancy.

August 22nd, 2005, 05:35 PM
nat81
Congrats on your pregancy! My fiance's mom was the only one who didn't take the news so well but she soon got really excited. She was even in the delivery room and cried when DD was born!

Good luck !
August 22nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
MamaAshley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They're just worried about you, that's all. You have to prove to them and yourself that you are going to be a good mom, that's all. Just show them you are responsible enough to handle this, and dont' worry about it, they'll all come around. Trust me, once they see your new bundle they'll all come around, that's how it always works! good luck!

Ashley, pre-RN student, birth doula and busy SAHM to Brianne 6, Colin 5, Kylie 4,
Bryson 2,and our lil man Noah Alexander turns one year on 7/5/10!

August 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM
I'm 18 and got pregnant pretty much just a few weeks out of high school. My boyfriend and I have been together 2 years and had already moved in together when we found out I was pregnant...my closest friend had a child at only 14 and I spent a great part of my teenage years helping her take care of her baby girl so...my dad did know I was capable and willing, but it doesn't matter...it was hard for him to look at me as if I weren't his "little girl" anymore. That look on his face when I told him was terrifying...like he was going to jump up and kill my boyfriend Charlie...and my father loves him to death! The point is...it took him a while of asking me "how are you going to do this?" and "do you know that you'll regret never being able to live your life without a child to take care of?" and on and on and on...but last week he called me to tell me he found a baby carriage that he would be "honored" if me and Charlie would take for our baby. This proves to me that he's beginning to realize that this is his grandchild, and he's getting really excited. It really doesn't matter whether your family supports you or not, there's always going to be someone who looks down on you for it, but as long as you know you're a good mom, that's all that matters. Also, give your family the benefit of a doubt that they'll come around as the pregnancy progresses. Most importantly...congratulations!
August 23rd, 2005, 03:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all baby sitting is A LOT different then actually having a child 24/7. When its not your baby you can always give it back to its mother when its crying or needs changing. Or if your baby sitting, the parents will always be back. But congrats none the less. How old are you? I am 19 and will be 22 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I am lucky to live with my boyfriend and have a good job with benefits, so even though my baby was unplanned, I will have what I need for him. Also my parents both said the same thing, that they wish it was a couple years down the line, but they said congrats and seem happy. You will get questions, negativity, and weird looks but it doesn't matter. Some young parents are better parents then some older parents. Age doesn't make someone an automatic bad or good mother. So take care of yourself and your baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search