for you fertile women

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Regular
Hi -- I'm new here.

I, too, feel terrible for those who cannot get pregnant easily. I got pregnant with my daughter on the first cycle we tried -- having sex 3 or 4 times in the week leading up to ovulation, including the day before it occured. I also have regular periods (ovulating on CD 21) and knew when to expect it. HOWEVER, I also am fortunate in that my mom and sister had no problems getting pregnant. Timing certainly has a lot to do with it, but so do genetics. This isn't to say that someone couldn't have problems even if their family members conceived easily, but thankfully with me it seems that my family history of conceiving easily also is a factor. I applaud those who try month after month to conceive -- that takes a TON of courage and emotional commitment.

Karen
July 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
i have never tracked my ovulation or anything like that so i can't answer that part of the question.. however, every female on my side of the family has not made it past age 18 without getting pregnant. i'm talking 6-8 women here. obviously, we have very fertile genes or something. i made it to 21 so i thought i was in the clear! lol. but really, i can't take artificial hormones for birth control but we used a condom/VCFILM/VCFOAM everytime we had sex, and i still got pregnant.

July 30th, 2007, 06:37 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I have no idea why this is the case.. it seems really strange to me.

DF and I had been have been having sex for about 2 years now, and I got pregnant about 8 months ago. I was pregnant once before too, but it ended early on with a m/c. So I guess I'm kind of in between with the fertiliy thing..
August 1st, 2007, 07:24 AM
Castaway
Quote:
for you fertile women, how do u get pregnant so easily?[/b]
I'm pretty sure all they do is sneeze on me.

August 8th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to kwyatt
I got pregnant on a supposed non-ovulation day... but honestly, I don't think I'm super-fertile. I think it's my DH that just has supersperm!!

<span style="font-family:Century Gothic">married 7.29.06 ~ expecting 4.5.08</span>

</div>
August 9th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really cannot believe I never got pregnant before. Well, the only guy I ever TRIED with was actually infertile but there were other times that I defiantely should have gotton pregnant and didn't

But I think for me, it might ahve something to do with my cancer I had. The tumor was a Carcinoid Tumor and it produced too much hormones, but I'm not sure which ones, and if they have anything to do with fertility. But it was in my growing for years before they found it and took it out. And then once I got it out, I never got my period back until the MONTh before I got pregnant. I had a period, then had sex 28 days later, and didn't think I could get pregnant because I expected once my period started again it would be normal like it aways was and 28 days later would be another period, but it never came. So two weeks later, I tested and SURE ENOUGH, I was pregnant! I ovulated on CD 28-30 I guess! Lucky!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search