for you fertile women

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Super Mommy
i have a question. there are some women who have a hard time conceiving, and those that get pregnant just by looking at a guy. for those fertile women, do you get pregnant during NON ovulation stages? if so, how does that scientifically work? my nieces' mother is very fertile and all 3 of her kids are 'accidents.' so i was wondering did she just happen to have sex during ovulation all 3 times or do eggs just fly out every 2 days in those cases?

interested to know
July 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont know about other women, but I didnt get pregnant in 8 years. Hes been tested, hes ok. Doctor confirmed that I was infertile, and got pregnant four days later. Go figure.

Maybe those women are just lucky?? Or they just want it more when they are ovulating??? I have no clue

July 25th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I've only been having sex since last November.

I feel horribly for the women who are dying to be pregnant and just can't seem to get there. I feel so sorry that I'm not as excited as they would be and I'm the one who's pregnant. It doesn't seem right. It seriously feels like he just looked at me and I was pregnant.
July 25th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Regular
I dont know really, this is my 4th child. My first 3 pregnancy's were planned... and yeah I dont think I had to try. It maybe took me a month. I have never kept track of ovulation days or any of that. That would be cool to know if some women just have eggs flying out left and right though...lol

I really do feel for those who try and try and cant. I have a co worker who has been trying for years and when I found out I was pregnant, I really didnt communicate with her as much because she seemed so sad when I did.
July 25th, 2007, 11:52 PM
the_elmel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to the_elmel Send a message via Yahoo to the_elmel
I have no idea why some women have the hardest time becoming pregnant while others are fertile beasts. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I was told it would be very unlikely to become pregnant. A couple times later I was! Go figure.

</div>
July 26th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never kept track of ovulating or whatnot... now I'm a lot more careful though. I still don't track, but I keep in mind about what time of the month it should be.

We actually lost some friends for a while because they couldn't get pregnant and we had an "oops" baby... they adopted a baby in April, and surprise surprise, all of a sudden they're allowed to talk to us again

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

July 26th, 2007, 08:47 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Im not sure how fertile I was BEFORE i got pregnant with my DD -- because I was having sex for years and never got preg. But after I gave birth, I had sex ONCE and got pregnant -even with protection-. Im scared to death of getting pregnant again, I just dont have sex. Sex=babies to me

July 26th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From what I've seen, people who are trying are really stressed out about it, and those that arent are relaxed. I know that stress has a lot to do with being fertile. I know a couple thats both fertile and cant concieve but they are so stressed out after four years. Cant tell them to relax without getting my head bit off I bet!! They knew I was "infertile" so I dont think they would be happy to find out Im pregnant when we werent even trying!! lol

July 26th, 2007, 10:12 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
alot of couples who are both fertile cant concieve together, because of genetic make up not being compatible. you hear alot of couples splitting up because they cant have a baby and then both having strong healthy children with other people.
us women who have "oops" babies arent any more fertile than other women.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
July 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
my husband and I tried to have a baby (though I'm glad it didn't work out at that point.. I wasn't any more ready at 19 than I am at 21) for a good 7 months of no birth control and having sex on days that I ovulated (and the days that led up to that day).

Obviously we had stopped trying or I wouldn't be in this forum. It just happened when I least expected it. He always thought he was infertile because of bull riding I knew that was crap.. I mean.. he barely did any bull riding back in high school, and yet people that ride bulls professionally can have kids? I think not.

And there's no way to get pregnant when you don't ovulate. It's just not possible to create a baby with only sperm = ) we all just happened to have sex at the exact perfect moment. It seems so unlikely, but when you think of the big picture of all of the people having unprotected sex, the number that actually create a baby in a given month makes a lot more sense. I know for a fact that I have had sex on the day that I ovulated on many occasions and never once gotten pregnant until february.

myspace
July 26th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Veteran
I got pregnant with my first after 3 months of not trying but not preventing, and my second I charted and temped and conceived in my first cycle. I think it is just about being stress free and very relaxed whenyou do the dance. DH and I want to TTC again when our youngest is 2ish we are going to try and concieve a girl this time.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wPuRdX5/" target="_blank">

</a>

July 26th, 2007, 01:34 PM
babysmith's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
me and my dh are very fertile.. I think its the stress of wanting a baby and then women try to time there ovulation and get stressed out cause they arent pregnant... relaxing i think is key.. i know easier said then done.
July 26th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got pregnant with my first right after I went off the pill. We tried for 3 months after she turned 1 then stopped due to switching insurance and I got pregnant using condoms and miscarried. Got pregnant 4 months after the miscarriage. Weren't trying but got pregnant on O day with my second son. I warned dh I would get pregnant and he said he didn't care but then was shocked when I told him I was. This time I was on the pill and breastfeeding and still got pregnant. So I'd say we are very fertile. I am getting my tubes tied and he is getting snipped to be on the safe side.
July 26th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Super Mommy
thanks everyone. touching upon what 'first time mom' said, i think genetics does have a lot to do with it. i also think its getting harder to have children in general bc of all interracial marriages. i think it just gets harder when your genetic makeup is mixed with all sorts of ethnicties thus genes. im in an interracial marriage myself so dont think im AGAINST them, but i was just wondering one day why its getting harder and harder? i also think it has to do with processed foods that we eat...anyway...life goes on..ill try not to stress soo much but its hard not to!
July 27th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I don't particularly see it as being anything to do with race. And I certainly don't think it's getting harder now than it was in the past.. it's just that we live in an era where it's more acceptable to talk about pregnancy, or lack there of. In times past, women that could not concieve were looked upon as flawed. It was not appropriate dinner table chit chat, if you will. Now there is so much hope.. there are so many options. Not to mention that there is this vast sea of knowledge that we're all privy to if we choose to seek and accpet..

It's a miracle one way or the other, creating a new life. It never ceases to amaze me that our bodies are capable of it at all.. let alone that it's such a common place occurance.

myspace
July 28th, 2007, 02:59 AM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
Quote:
I don't particularly see it as being anything to do with race. And I certainly don't think it's getting harder now than it was in the past.. it's just that we live in an era where it's more acceptable to talk about pregnancy, or lack there of. In times past, women that could not concieve were looked upon as flawed. It was not appropriate dinner table chit chat, if you will. Now there is so much hope.. there are so many options. Not to mention that there is this vast sea of knowledge that we're all privy to if we choose to seek and accpet..

It's a miracle one way or the other, creating a new life. It never ceases to amaze me that our bodies are capable of it at all.. let alone that it's such a common place occurance.[/b]

Blaming it on interracial marriages kinda makes me go

July 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM
HighwayDaisy
I'm in an interracial relationship, and it took virtually no time at all to get pregnant. However, when I was in relationships with people of the same ethnic background as me, nothing ever happened. MY behavior (i.e. birth control methods, regularity of sex, ect.) was no different. I think it was just chance that now was the time it happened. Has nothing to do with race. I think it had everything to do with timing.
July 29th, 2007, 07:09 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
The first time I got pregnant I was on the shot. The second time was on the pill and the third was with my IUD. I still have the IUD and haven't gotten pg again since. I think that has more to do with the fact the my fiance's in North Carolina now than with our fertility.

Anyway, obviously all three times I should not have been ovulating but did. I had sex for over a year without bc and did not get pg. I have a theory that birth control actually straightens out my hormones and makes me more fertile. Hopefully once I get my IUD removed I'll be able to actually TTC!

I think alot of infertility issues are genetic. I was reading a book by a geneticist called "Adam's Curse". To make a long story short it talks about how the Y-chromosome is the only one that does not repair damage to itself and does not have a 'partner' gene to encourage diversity in itself through gene swapping. This means the Y-chromosome is breaking down over time and that means that many more men have low fertility or are infertile than in the past. The average sperm count since the 50's has dropped by something like 30%. I guess the human race might become extinct after all!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
July 30th, 2007, 10:54 AM
littleln's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pg the very first time I ever had unprotected sex in my entire life. I'm 29 and I've been sexually active for 12 years and the first time I have ever thrown caution to the wind was one time last November and bang, here I am.

We're married, but this was still very unplanned none the less.

I have no idea why some people have such an easy time at it and why some have such a hard time. It doesn't seem fair at all to me.

Thanks to pattiandthemoos for the great siggy!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search