weight loss post partum

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2007, 06:38 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm sitting here shoving toffee into my mouth like its going out of fashion and i'm just thinking about the weight i have to lose after i have the baby.
i've never been big into my weight but i would like to go back to pretty close to my prepregnancy weight.

so i was wondering, did all you BTDT moms have to try really hard to lose the weight? did you find anything helpful?

and the preggo ladies, have you put on much weight? are you worried about the weight loss?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
July 30th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've put on 17 pounds so far (I didn't gain anything for almost five months and now it seems to go up two pounds a week ).

I am a little concerned that I gain more and will not loose it all, but I am going to join a gym if I find it difficult.

July 30th, 2007, 09:54 AM
17 pounds at almost 32 weeks?! thats awesome! you need a certain amount of weight for breastfeeding so i wouldnt worry about you gaining alot of weight really fast.

July 30th, 2007, 10:12 AM
HighwayDaisy
I've gained about 15 total so far, but I'm told that's about to rapidly increase I hope breastfeeding will help get it back off for me!
July 30th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have always dropped the weight within 6 weeks although the most I gained was 22lbs. I am up to about 15 this time.
July 30th, 2007, 05:27 PM
jdee0509's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jdee0509
I gained about 30 pounds during my pregnancy, but the last 20 pounds came my last month... and it was a lot of water weight because I was super swollen.

I lost 10 pounds the day after I gave birth, and lost the rest of the weight, actually even 3 extra pounds, within a week. I know I consider myself verrrry lucky I was able to do that, but I think it had a lot to do with how most of my weight was just water.

July 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
oh my GOD you guys suck.

I'm just past 26 weeks and I've gained 20 pounds!!!! oi.

Granted, I lost over 20 pounds in the first month and a half due to hypermesis. Therefore I weigh what I did going into this pregnancy.. BUT.. I weighed 20 pounds more than I do on a normal basis right before I got pregnant.. so basically I weigh 20 pounds more than my start weight and I know I'm going to have a difficult time losing it all. I was slimish to begin with, but I'm tall.. and built broad despite being thin.. so I'm betting a lot of this won't go away.

myspace
July 31st, 2007, 03:51 AM
we do things in kg here. i've gained 5kg since i was 24 weeks pregnant, so thats 11 pounds. i dont know what i weighed before that, i didnt have a good doctor. she only checked my blood pressure.

July 31st, 2007, 05:35 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I've gained like 6 lbs so far. I'm getting big really quickly.

I'm having a moose baby.
July 31st, 2007, 12:31 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
with both of my kids i gained between 20 to 25 pounds with both my pregnancy. I lost pretty much all of it with my son in about 6 weeks. I am almost back to my pre pregnancy weight after having my daughter. I was also pretty much just baby weight with both of my kids.

July 31st, 2007, 12:38 PM
i've been eating all round me since the morning sickness went, yet everyone is telling me i'm all baby. hopefully i wont find it too hard to lose it. I'm sooooo looking forward to wearing non maternity clothes!

July 31st, 2007, 01:26 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
well for several weeks after your pregnancy its most likly will be bigger clothes. my daughter is now about 3 weeks old and i am still in pj pants and shirts. i am waiting for my hips to go back so i can wear my bluejeans again!!

July 31st, 2007, 05:45 PM
HighwayDaisy
Quote:
I've gained like 6 lbs so far. I'm getting big really quickly.

I'm having a moose baby.[/b]
MelMel, I gained 6 punds before I ever went in for my first appointment, but not a thing after that. It wasn't until the last month that I actually started putting on weight. So, I wouldn't worry too much!
July 31st, 2007, 06:55 PM
irishxrose
Okay all ya'll can kiss it. I gained about 85 lbs during my pregnancy. I've lost 60 of it, and Joshua is 15 months old. I doubt I'll ever be able to get the last 25 or so lbs off, but that's okay because I was wayyyyy too skinny before. I like my pleasantly fluffy self.
July 31st, 2007, 08:34 PM
HighwayDaisy
Pleasantly Fluffy! Hahaha! I love that! In my opinion (and my SO's) pleasantly fluffy is perfectly healthy! Congrats on losing that weight though!
August 1st, 2007, 04:16 AM
Andrika, that is a fantastic weight loss! whats the secret?

August 1st, 2007, 06:26 PM
irishxrose
My secret is... drink lots and lots of water! And stay away from soda as much as you can. Fast food is also a NO NO. And the Carmen Electra Striptease exercise videos are fun to do. heh.

Thanks girls.
August 2nd, 2007, 03:41 AM
ah, soda is my weakness. and none of that diet rubbish either, full fat all the way!

August 6th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MomtoAnnaLise
I gained 50 lbs. I lost 20 fairly immediarely after birth, and have lost 13 more since. I think I'm actually losing too quickly tho, trying to eat more, but I have no appetite and a very fussy/colicky baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search