Telling Family

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
How did you announce your unplanned pregnancy?
My husband wants to wait till 12 wks to tell his family, I may tell mine sooner.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

August 6th, 2007, 04:25 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i didnt know i was pregnant until 8 weeks. and that was coming up really close to christmas so i didnt wanna ruin christmas for everyone. i waited till the day after new years. I was 12 weeks then.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
August 6th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
My mom found out (I was probably 8 weeks along) because her route to the school where she teaches happened to pass through my neighborhood. She called me one evening and said "I know you had work today, why didn't you go?"

I had to break down and tell her that I was pregnant and had been having complications (excessive bleeding). hah. They were critical (they being my parents) despite the fact that I'd been married for over a year and my husband and I owned our own house. -rolls eyes- they're over it now.

Jared (my husband) told his mom right after that.

I wouldn't have told until 12 weeks, personally, because 20% of all pregnancies that go noticed (excluding chemical pregnancies) end in miscarriage.. and that stat has NOTHING to do with age or health. It's said that every woman will have at least one miscarriage in her life.. anyway, 12 weeks is usually the "home free" point.

myspace
August 7th, 2007, 11:20 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We waited until 12 weeks.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 10th, 2007, 07:47 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well since me and dusty had broken up before i found out, when i told him he called his mom right away. He told me i NEEDED to tell my mom right away so i told her the next day and she told my dad. It was all pretty hectic.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 10th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Castaway
I told my mom the second I got the BFP, no one else found out until I was like 4 months. I just told them "I'm pregnant".

August 10th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was 11 weeks, I sent e-cards to my family

August 10th, 2007, 10:29 AM
HighwayDaisy
My employees were the first to find out. I couldn't hide the running to the bathroom all the time and the horrible sickness. I tried to pass it off as feeling under the weather, but they noticed right away my caffiene intake was suddenly non-existant (I'm a manager for Starbucks!) and that I had stopped smoking! So it was difficult to lie.

Everyone else found out a little at a time, mostly with me just blurting it out.
August 10th, 2007, 02:09 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
My mom knows and she's told my grandma. I haven't told my dad or any of my siblings and my in laws don't know either. We're waiting until 12 weeks.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

August 10th, 2007, 03:40 PM
monkey71786's Avatar Super Mommy
with my son we told everyone at 12 weeks because i had a miscarrage before him and then with my daughter we didn't tell anyone till i was about 5 months. my sister was pregnant with her first and we didn't want to ruin it with every ones excitment!

August 10th, 2007, 05:51 PM
iluvmybabies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 8 weeks with my daughter.......and it didn't go over very well. I was 21 years old, not married, and still in school. With my son I could hardly wait to tell everyone! I think I was only 6 weeks when everyone found out.
My daughter is now almost 8 years old and my son is 14 months. I love them both so very much.
newest addition ~ Annabella Kristine 3.16.2011

Thank you Trishosaurus for the beautiful siggy

August 11th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom was the one who suggested I test, and I called her right away. I think I joined JM that same day too, LOL.

I didn't want anyone else to know until 12 weeks but my mom an I both have BIG MOUTHS and told everyone. My dad was the last person I told but he was starting to figure it out by then. He kept asking and I kept lying and saying no. It went better than expected actually. I thought he would go insane.

</div>
August 11th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I still haven't told them, and I have no idea how to go about it -- though I just found out today!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search