how to tell the family?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
Okay I am 6 weeks pregnant currently and don't know when I will start to show I don't believe I have started yet but anyways!

I have no idea how to break it to my family NEVERMIND my parents( who I am still living with until Sept.) My whole family including myself are very religious ( well Im not as much as them) and are completely against sex not to mention pregnancy before marriage. Ia m terrified but I don't want to keep it from them for long!

HELP

August 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM
HighwayDaisy
Some of my family is very excited and very supportive.

Some of my family has basically disowned me at this point (one because I'm not married and two because he's not white).

To be honest, I waited a couple months to tell any of them, and when I did, I just blurted it out. I don't think there is an easy way to break the news, especially when you know they already disagree with the situation.

BUT, they hopefully will chose to support you and to be a part of tadpole's life! If not, it's their loss. You still get DF, you still get wonderful tadpole. You get a whole new family to move on with.

As for living with your parents right now, maybe you could find a temporary backup, just in case? A friend or something who would be willing to let you crash there for a bit until the parents cool down if need be? That would be my best guess.
August 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM
thanks at this point I think I am just going to wait until I start showing and than they can figure it out on their own

August 11th, 2007, 06:09 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Ummm, I don't recommend waiting until you start to show. I think you should wait until September when you get married and move out. Then about two weeks after the honeymoon tell them you got a BFP. They'll probably just assume it's a honeymoon baby and then hopefully won't be as upset.

I will say that I told my mom when I was like 8 weeks. Giving her more time to get used to the idea worked out better in the end because by the time Gemma came she was well over the original shock!

Good luck and KUP!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
August 11th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the PP. I say, since its so close to the wedding, wait till after and then they can assume whatever they want but you will be married so its too late anyways!

But didn't you have a previous pregnancy loss? So, I assume they already know you and shane have sex, right? I mean, its just silly to think that nowdays people wait till marriage in my opinion, I guess.

Good luck!

</div>
August 12th, 2007, 04:50 AM
yes I have, but they thought we stopped! she is so against it that the first time I was on BCP ( for regulating AF) after she found out I was having sex she took me off it but thanks for the help girls, I was thinking of waitng til after the wedding also but once the baby comes they will definately KNOW it wasn't a HM baby

August 12th, 2007, 08:02 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
If I were you I'd wait till after the wedding too...it will be a bit easier cause you'll be married and moved out. Another thing you may want to consider is to wait until you're 12 weeks along.
August 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Bekah!

I agree, wait until after the wedding. You'll be married and no one can anything about you being pregnant

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search