HELP...

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2007, 10:10 AM
ShelliBelli's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<div align='center'></div>
Hey everyone...
I am new here and need some help. I am 29 years old, just broke up with my boyfriend, have known quite a few weeks that Im pregnant (which was definatly unplanned), have no insurance, just lost my job and have not been to the doctor. Gosh that all sounds awful. Anyway, what do you do when you are pregnant with not much money and no insurance. Like I said Ive known for a while now and need to get to the doctor but cant afford it. And I havent told anyone except my boyfriend. Its not gonna go over so well with my family. Any advice???
August 14th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im just a lurker but i wanted to answer your question...You can apply for masshealth or medicaid (sp).. You will without any doubt get that insurance. Also after you get a confirmation from your doctor you can go apply for WIC and foodstamps..btw congrats on your bundle of joy!

August 14th, 2007, 09:35 PM
HighwayDaisy
She said it all already, but I would also swing by the grocery store and get some cheap prenatal vitamins if you can. They won't be the best you could be taking, but they'll help a bit for now. I'm not sure if Planned Parenthood is anywhere near you, but they can also give you some cheap temporary help until the rest of that goes through.

Also, make sure when you apply you let them know you are pregnant because that will help speed the process along for you.
August 15th, 2007, 10:19 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I applied for Medicaid a week ago (tomorrow) and I'm waiting on a letter.

Oh I also wanted to mention that you can get some vitamins with folic acid in them from Wal-Mart for around 6 dollars.
Right now I'm taking Centrum and have been since before I knew I was pregnant...has 500 mg of folic acid

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

August 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Im just lurking but I had to apply for medical assistance when i got pregnant, I am actually still on it, its different in each state so I would contact your department of human resources. Good luck!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
August 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Regular
Just take it easy. don't get to stressed out. Stuart prenatal viatamins are great, and you can get them with no prescription. they are the closes thing to what a doctor will give you. also... i have some other advice if you would like to contact me... belloamore06@aol.com
August 20th, 2007, 10:13 PM
asianmama
if u are waiting for anytype of state assistance- u need to get a confirmation of pregnancy befor they will acept u or deny u-- if u have a pregnancy resource center- they can get the ball moving for state assistance. once u get a confirmation of pregnancy letter u can go down to ur county's local wic centers and they will provide u with "food coupon checks " so u can eat good. u need to go to ur states website- departman of human services- and try to get medicaid. i am pretty sure u can get assistances.. the pregnancy resource enter can help with items for the baby--furniture,clothes for both u and the baby..( at least the one near me had those options--i didnt need the help- i just need the confirmation letter to get insurance)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search