A poll for you

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: How did the unplanned pg happen?
Pull N' Pray 13 33.33%
Contraception Failure 13 33.33%
One Crazy Night! 6 15.38%
Other 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Apologies if this is too personal. I am just wondering. DH and I use Option 1 and he's always nervous. I'm not.
August 22nd, 2007, 10:18 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you should be. thats the most unreliable! there is sperm in precum. so even if he pulls out there is still sperm swimming in.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
August 22nd, 2007, 11:25 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Umm...I think you should be worried. Seriously, there is precum that you can get pregnant from just as much as him finishing inside you.

DH and I were not trying not preventing. So it was unplanned but I guess we were asking for it.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 22nd, 2007, 12:37 PM
paganmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Failed contraception for me....sort of. I have been on the pill for nearly 2 years now. I ran out on July 13 and my next appointment to get more wasn't until August 24. Therefore we were going without and look what happened. *LOL* So when I go to the doc this Friday she gets the big news!

</div>
August 22nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Quote:
Umm...I think you should be worried. Seriously, there is precum that you can get pregnant from just as much as him finishing inside you.

DH and I were not trying not preventing. So it was unplanned but I guess we were asking for it.[/b]

not trying to be mean huh. but if you dont want another one right now- you should consider a different method.. like the other girls have said- theres sperm in pre-cum- so his little swimmers are already at work before he even finishes..

We werent preventing... It was unplanned- because we werent trying, and this isnt the best timing- but we knew it was bound to happen sooner or later- and we had a serious talk about it before deciding not to prevent. i had a feeling that we were about to get pg.. i just told him one day- you know were going to get pg right?? because we are- i just know..-lol- and sure enough a few weeks later we found out- but i personally think everything has a time and a purpose and its all part of gods plan- so theres a reason he wants us to have this baby now- and thats the way im looking at it..

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/03/01/2015][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

August 22nd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was told I was infertile so naturally we didnt use any BC. So this is definantly an unplanned pregnancy

August 23rd, 2007, 05:03 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I was told I was infertile so naturally we didnt use any BC. So this is definantly an unplanned pregnancy[/b]
what an amazing surprise!!!!

it was failed contraception for me too. i was on the pill, but had taken antibiotics. so we used a condom too. it broke. so i took the morning after pill and here i am with a two week old baby. god really wanted me to be a mom!

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
August 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Umm...I think you should be worried. Seriously, there is precum that you can get pregnant from just as much as him finishing inside you.[/b]
LOL - Since so many people commented on this one point, I suppose I should clarify... I'm not worried, because if another kiddo came into the picture, even unexpectedly, I would not be upset about it.

Sounds like there are a lot of different stories here - esp first time mom, that is crazy! The Pill, antibiotics, a condom AND the morning after pill and you still got pg! I am thinking you should play the lotto, because with odds like yours, you're gonna be a millionaire soon
August 23rd, 2007, 11:11 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Quote:
Quote:
Umm...I think you should be worried. Seriously, there is precum that you can get pregnant from just as much as him finishing inside you.[/b]
LOL - Since so many people commented on this one point, I suppose I should clarify... I'm not worried, because if another kiddo came into the picture, even unexpectedly, I would not be upset about it.

Sounds like there are a lot of different stories here - esp first time mom, that is crazy! The Pill, antibiotics, a condom AND the morning after pill and you still got pg! I am thinking you should play the lotto, because with odds like yours, you're gonna be a millionaire soon
[/b]
Oh! I am glad you cleared that up because I was seriously like "Is this chick serious." but now I get it.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
August 23rd, 2007, 12:23 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine will be a morning after pill baby. I also have a friend that has a three year old morning after pill baby. DEFINITELY would not recommend the morning after pill.

August 23rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Alison81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We used pull and pray for over a year with no oopses. Then one month on bcp's, and antibiotics, and I got pregnant. I was so shocked, I honestly didn't think the pill decreased the effectiveness enough to actually get pregnant.

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy for my siggy!
August 23rd, 2007, 08:17 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Pull and pray. Yes, I know it was stupid.
July 8th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Veteran
pull and pray too.
Michael 08.25.2013
July 8th, 2010, 04:34 AM
dldavenport002's Avatar Super Mommy
I cant take b/c and Im allergic to latex so pull and pray here! Worked for 8 yrs before our oopsie.

~Dani
July 22nd, 2010, 01:10 AM
Veteran
pull and pray
02/12/2013 Maria & Paula was born

July 22nd, 2010, 07:49 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
BC failed us.

July 25th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Super Mommy
I have PCOS and was not ovulating but maybe once a year. DH and I have been together over 8 years and only used any kind of protection for about the first month we were together. When we finally got married 3 years ago and started trying for a family nothing happened. We went through fertility drugs and IUI and were blessed with our son Nov. 2008. We were told we would need to use fertility to get pregnant every time. Well they were wrong. 16 months after our son was born we conceived all NATURAL. We our so blessed by our this unplanned, but never unwanted pregnancy. Although after she is born I guess we have to learn to use protection Oh well!

March 19th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Veteran
pull out

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search