Abortion and adoption

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I was browsing on the internet, looking for Unplanned Pregnancy advices, link, where to get help, etc .. (I haven't talked to him yet, Saturday sounds good).
Well guess what, it seems that the two major options that are suggested in a lot of websites are either abortion or adoption.

I find it horrible, so isn't it enough to maybe have a partner who is going to pressure you toward an abortion, now we are also being pushed toward giving our baby away?

Do I find adoption an horrible option? Certainly not!! But I feel it's unfair that they don't strongly suggest to keep the baby and suggest to get help and where to get help. I feel like they are taking advantage of our emotional instability of the moment.

My friend are seeking to adopt, I support them in their choice but now I am wondering, is there a pressure on pregnant single women to give their baby for adoption? Is that so terrible to be a single parent ? Let me answer that, my sister did it, my niece is 19 years old, going to college, she's a very smart young lady.

Do I want to do it alone? Who would? Not a lot of women. No, I don't want to go through my pregnancy alone, I rather have my bf by my side, but the idea of raising my child alone will not make me have an abortion.
Ladies I am not against either of those two options, I just feel that it is not the ONLY options and keeping the baby and how should be recommended as well!
August 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
not trying to start a war here, as I went to planned parenthood for years, but I wholey agree.

I feel like they hand out abortions and sign you up for adoption left and right.. they are not entirely supportive of "keep the baby". It angers me a little bit, really.

myspace
August 28th, 2007, 08:59 PM
pixie_punk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to pixie_punk
I would think that if information on how and where to get help as a single parent were more readily available, the abortion rate would decrease at least a little... and you'd think that would make the pro-lifers happy. And yet it seems like that information is still really hard to find, especially for young parents.

I'm pro-choice, but I still think women should be able to easily access ALL relevant information before making any decision, especially in the case of an unplanned pregnancy. So I whole-heartedly agree with you.

There are two girls with whom I've known longer than anyone, and my debt to them is lifetime. The gathering of boys I rely on know exactly who they are and I would build their protection with bloody hands. - 36 Crazyfists
</div>
August 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Couldn't have said it better myself. It should be equal information on all fronts...

myspace
August 30th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the pp's. I'm pro choice and will never condem a woman or a couple for what they choose. Everyones situation is different. Do what YOU feel is right, there will always be people out there that don't agree with different options.

August 30th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Well, I am pro-life and to me, abortion was never really an option. Adoption wasn't either, as I couldn't do it. I'm keeping it and I've known that from the begining...

What information are you talking about? Financial Aid or something?
August 31st, 2007, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
not financial aid.. mainly they kind of make it seem like keeping the baby is an impossibility and offer you no realistic view of what to expect financially OR emotionally.. but they have ALL the information in the world about adoption and abortions..

I mean.. I think they should offer classes.. and have a pamphlet (more a book) about each choice you can make.. all the things that could happen.. all the price ranges...

I am very VERY much pro-choice. I would never in a million years choose to get an abortion, but I don't judge someone else that has. It is an individual choice. That being said.. they should offer information on every side. Every option should be EQUALLY covered.

myspace
September 1st, 2007, 08:31 PM
Oh okay, I getcha now.

I do agree with that, some people just freak out and abort on a whim and regret it later. I know a girl with 1 baby, she aborted her first and after having her second, she regrets it everyday. It's very sad.

I'm all for info on options, though!
September 1st, 2007, 10:47 PM
LondonAndAthensMommy's Avatar Chillin' in Mommywood ;)
Send a message via MSN to LondonAndAthensMommy
i'm having a debate on my chihuahuas puppies lol.. whether to abort them or keep them and sell them even tho i wont want to give them away :*( lol not the same thing i know

September 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
You're joking right? Can you abort puppies?

Right now, I'm horrified, you must be joking right?? RIGHT?
September 3rd, 2007, 04:39 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
in Ireland we have classes for teenage mothers, they show the girls how to look after the babies and how to manage their time etc. its also a place for them to meet other mothers in the same situation as themselves. its a fantastic idea.

abortion is illegal on the island of ireland so it was never an option for me. adoption is also very difficult to do. they make you have the child fostered at first, with you having access 3 or 4 times a week while the baby is too young to create an attachment. and if after 6 months you still dont want the baby they allow you to sign over rights.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
September 3rd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sounds like ireland has got it right.

and yes, it is possible to abort puppies.. medically sometimes they have to.. and sometimes people just choose to do it. I say if you don't want puppies, then get your dog fixed.

myspace
September 4th, 2007, 03:48 AM
mummy0507
/
September 5th, 2007, 04:09 AM
Are you serious? Where's the dog's choice in that? That's what I want to know.

That's a horrible thing to force a little creature into, they won't understand.
October 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
Quote:
Are you serious? Where's the dog's choice in that? That's what I want to know.

That's a horrible thing to force a little creature into, they won't understand. [/b]
Aww, it will be okay.

My MIL has chihuahua named Peanut, who got pregnant by mix dog that runs in the neighborhood (he was about 40 lbs.) They had to abort the puppies. Because if they continued to grow in her, they would of got to big and killed her. It was sad. But they did get her fixed after!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search