question

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
babydollz_676's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to babydollz_676
hi everyone,i'm a member of the nov 2006 playroom (although i hardly ever have time to pop in).i had my tubes tied after i had my 4th c-section in november and now i think i may be pregnant.my period since the tubal had been REALLY heavy up until june when it was really short and light and then july ....same thing .now i actually had all the signs of my period this month and then got a little spotting but never any further bleeding and it's been 4 days since i thought i got it.i have been having those vivid/weird pregnancy dreams and swollen ankles too.i just don't know what to think.i guess i'll get a test and see what happens.has anyone in here ever heard of this happening ?
dd~1
September 3rd, 2007, 01:45 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I asked my friends mother once if having her tubes tied worked cause she told me she had it done. She said, "well, ask Aaron and Matt". (not twins btw couple years apart) She had hers done three times. Thats all I can offer.

September 4th, 2007, 05:20 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its very possible, but highly unlikely. if 1000 women get their tubes tied in a year, 2 will get pregnant.

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
September 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
Haha, yeah go ask Aaron and Matt.

Your poor mother, she kept thinking she was done!

I have heard of people getting pregnant and even ttc after tubals. It does happen.
September 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Haha, yeah go ask Aaron and Matt.

Your poor mother, she kept thinking she was done!

I have heard of people getting pregnant and even ttc after tubals. It does happen.[/b]

I thought that was funny too. I just wish she never said that in front of them. I dont know how I feel if I knew I was an "accident" That was also in the mid - late 80s so I'm sure that the procedure has been greatly improved since then.

September 20th, 2007, 05:21 AM
momof3angels77's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to momof3angels77
I had my tubes tied when my 3rd child was born in Aug 04. We found out I was preg again on 12/31/06.

</div>
September 22nd, 2007, 07:48 AM
colebrey143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, now you ladies are scaring me. I had my tubes tied in June of '05 after I had my third child. I was very confident that I would not be having any more children....until now. AF is about 1 month late and I have been having some familiar PG symptoms (however all of which can be considered AF symptoms as well) I called the DR about 2 week ago and told them the situation and they said to take an HPT and call them back with the results. I took two and the both came back negative. I called them back and they said to call them back if AF still hasn't showed up with in 3 months. So I was relieved that I wasn't PG, and stared thinking that I just had some sort of a hormonal imbalance that is screwing me up. Now I am reading all of these posts and I am getting REAL scared!!!!

Loving wife to Chad and proud Mama to Cole (8), Aubrey (7) and Gracie (3)
September 22nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pregnancy is possible, but very unlikely. Those all sound like symptoms related to Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. It's very difficult to ligate the fallopian tubes without damaging the blood supply to the ovaries. Without adequate blood supply, the ovaries shrivel up and can't perform all the important hormonal work that they need to do. The result is hormonal chaos with a wide variety of symptoms, some of which are very similar to pregnancy or menopause. Common signs of PTLS are: heavy irregular bleeding, persistent spotting, painful periods, absent periods, hot flashes, weight gain, breast tenderness, depression, moodiness, etc. etc. etc.
www.tubal.org
September 23rd, 2007, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Pregnancy is possible, but very unlikely. Those all sound like symptoms related to Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome. It's very difficult to ligate the fallopian tubes without damaging the blood supply to the ovaries. Without adequate blood supply, the ovaries shrivel up and can't perform all the important hormonal work that they need to do. The result is hormonal chaos with a wide variety of symptoms, some of which are very similar to pregnancy or menopause. Common signs of PTLS are: heavy irregular bleeding, persistent spotting, painful periods, absent periods, hot flashes, weight gain, breast tenderness, depression, moodiness, etc. etc. etc.
www.tubal.org[/b]
Thanks for posting this...I am definitely looking into it because I have ALL of the above symptoms. Just as an update, AF finally came this morning however, this in one of the most painful periods I have ever had. Since you sound like you know your stuff, is there a treatment for an unbearably painful period?? Can the DR do something for me? Mine have been increasingly painful for the past year and I have seriously been considering asking the DR for a hysterectomy!!!

September 23rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Thanks for posting this...I am definitely looking into it because I have ALL of the above symptoms. Just as an update, AF finally came this morning however, this in one of the most painful periods I have ever had. Since you sound like you know your stuff, is there a treatment for an unbearably painful period?? Can the DR do something for me? Mine have been increasingly painful for the past year and I have seriously been considering asking the DR for a hysterectomy!!![/b]
Oh that's just because I teach the Billings Ovulation Method IRL since I "retired" from nursing to be a SAHM. I come across this stuff a lot (some clients have had reversals due to the unbearable side effects they experienced and come to learn to avoid pregnancy via NFP).

The treatment options are usually:
1. Oral contraceptives to try to cover up the hormone deficiencies and manage bleeding. This is sometimes effective, sometimes not.
2. Reversal (restoring the blood flow to the ovaries usually helps them heal and regulate things once again, so less pain/less bleeding).
3. Hysterectomy (can include instant menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy if your ovaries are not in good enough condition to leave).
4. Endometrial Ablation - burning the inside of the uterus to reduce bleeding. Doesn't always work and the woman still winds up with a hysterectomy anyway. Doesn't do anything about the other hormonal symptoms (hot flashes, weight gain, depression) - just the bleeding.
September 23rd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Quote:
The treatment options are usually:
1. Oral contraceptives to try to cover up the hormone deficiencies and manage bleeding. This is sometimes effective, sometimes not.
2. Reversal (restoring the blood flow to the ovaries usually helps them heal and regulate things once again, so less pain/less bleeding).
3. Hysterectomy (can include instant menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy if your ovaries are not in good enough condition to leave).
4. Endometrial Ablation - burning the inside of the uterus to reduce bleeding. Doesn't always work and the woman still winds up with a hysterectomy anyway. Doesn't do anything about the other hormonal symptoms (hot flashes, weight gain, depression) - just the bleeding[/b]
So really, there is no easy treatment... I am only 26, so I am not sure that my dr would even let me have a hysterectomy (and I don't really want one....I just REALLY want to stop hurting!!!) BCP make me very sick...I have never been able to take them as directed... and I am NOT getting a reversal!! LOL Thanks for your help anyway.... I guess I can just put on my big girl panties and buy stock piles of ibuprofen!!!

September 23rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
No easy treatment. I wish there was. Maybe stocks IN Ibuprofen with those stockpiles? And don't forget to take lots of calcium and magnesium, especially prior to your period. That can help too!
September 24th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Thanks for all your help!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search