Bad reactions???

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2005, 07:04 PM
nat81
Did you get any bad reactions or dirty looks when you announced your unplanned pregnancy?
September 13th, 2005, 07:09 PM
nat81
My fiance's mom swore and told me that they wouldn't juge me if I had an abortion! It didn't take her too long however, to get used to it and was sooooo excited in the end.
Other than that... I'm sure some of my co-workers thought I should have been married first...
September 13th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Miss_La's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Miss_La Send a message via MSN to Miss_La Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_La
I got a lot of "Are yall going to get married?" in place of "congratulations!" No one really believes that we were planning on getting married since a month before I found out I was pregnant. I don't care, I don't live for their approval anyway . Their first reaction helped me to gauge who to leave out on all the updates and who to include, so in a way it kind of helped. Know what I mean?

</div>
September 13th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Regular
Who needs those people to tell use you "have to." I have an unexpected pregnancy and now a little over 2 months along with my second child with my fiance'. I have "been there done that" being pregnant-my mother and others were pressuring me on how I had to get married since I could not have a son not married in to a family-It ended up in a relationship with a guy that hid his true life the whole time we were dating for 3 years. When we moved in together and was expecting he started to go to the bars and feel back to an alcoholic way I never knew he was in at all.

This is my suggestion: wait at least a year of living together-even with having a child together, and yes there is very strong bonds with having a child that makes you sad and scared, If you get along well and do not fight all of the time for that first year, then get married. If you do not get along, he talked or treats you with disrespect then dont be afraid to leave the relationship, even with a child. this can protect you and your child if a man can not treat you correctly.

I'm glad I'm out of that bad relationship, and I have a beautiful son from it. I have a wonderful fiance that has accepted him and has called him daddy for about 6 months after we have dated for almost 2 years now. He is a great guy, and any one reading this that is understanding what I'm talking about, you can have it to if you are not happy in what relationship you are at this time. good men are out there that accept you have a child, and accept the child as their own.

With that novel, If you are happy go for it, if you are not sure then wait, if you are not happy do not do it. I'm saying this since I was afraid at once and have been there-do not let anyone pressure you into marriage just because you are pregnant.

**CONGRATS on your little one! Very cute!!**
September 15th, 2005, 08:31 PM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
OH YEA! Abortion talk marathon. For weeks on end I didn't hear the end of killing my baby. At least they backed off when they knew I wasn't goin to budge, thank God for giving me stubborness!!!!

September 15th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Miss_La's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Miss_La Send a message via MSN to Miss_La Send a message via Yahoo to Miss_La
Oh, by all means, I'll never let anyone try to stick me in a situation that only I'LL have to deal with for the rest of MY life. You know? Everyone asks about us getting married and they all get the same response: "We're engaged, it'll stay that way until we feel secure taking the next step, for now we're darn comfy where we are right now!"

</div>
September 16th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My boyfriend pushed abortion at first and every time he said the word I cried uncontrollably. He knew he would be in for the long hall. As he feels his little one kick him through my belly he is excited, still scared, but glad I didn't kill our child. Plus he has a 2 year old niece that his sister had when she was 17 or 18. He loves her to death and all I had to ask was "Can you imagine your sister aborting ___?" He replied no in an instant and my point had been made. My my mom was excited. She loves babies and tried so hard to have me and absolutly does not agree with abortion. My dad got mad that I hid it from him for so long. I didn't tell him til I was about 20 weeks along. My strict dutch grandparents said they wish I would have waited and I replied that babies don't wait and they know very well that they don't. They got pregnant before marriage 50 plus years ago with my dad. So the most judgemental people in my family could not judge because they were in the same situation. Although they got married 3 months into the pregnancy. And I do not plan on getting married until I am ready. My grandmother on my moms side was happy for us. A baby is not a mistake as far as I am concerned. They are gifts whether planned for or not. And my boyfriends family is supportive as far as I know. My bf's father has grandchildren from all 4 of his kids and none are married.

September 17th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
Only thing I keep getting is.. Gee ain't it to soon.. Braxton isn't even a year yet.... Like I am so stupid they have to bring it to my attention....
September 18th, 2005, 08:15 AM
kassia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had three unplanned PGs, With the first one my parents didn't react well at all. We wern't married yet. No one ever mentioned an abortion we are all against that. With our second one we were not in a good postion money wise so my father was a little dissapointed that we hadn't waited longer. Number three was planned. Then with our fourth we gots lots of your PG AGAIN, the last two are a little less then a year apart.

September 19th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Pickle Pops's Avatar Super Mommy
no one mentioned ANYthing to me about abortion. I think they'd probably gotten an earful if they had. I got mostly shock ((lots of it)) and then support.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

September 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my parents were both supportive although sad/worried for me at first. We didn't tell SO's parents until I had already firmly decided to not end the pregnancy, his mom did urge me to consider adoption, my SO is 22 and I 24 and had only been together for a year and a bit so I think they felt it was too soon,.... but after some time they accepted our decision and now treat me as if I am a part of their family even though we aren't planning on getting married for a few years.

September 22nd, 2005, 10:38 AM
My parents were both really supportive, although they were COMPLETELY shocked!!! But overall I've been really blessed by my family!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search