Scared to Death!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Regular
HI! I just found out that I am pregnant and due in May. This is a total surprise and I have no idea how to tell my parents or the father. The father is my newly ex boyfriend, we were together for over a year and he recently moved about 6 hours away for school so he didn't think it was fair to leave me hangin so he let me go Well, we are still best friends and see each other when we can, which of course is how this all came about. I have accepted the situation and I am actually feeling a lot better about it and I am kind of excited now, but I am posititve I will be the only one. My ex is going through a lot with his family right now which was another reason we split because he felt he couldn't give me the attention I needed with everything else going on. His aunt and grand dad are both very ill and his little sister is also having a baby, she is still in high school. SO...this brings me to my point...he already has so much stress I am wondering if I should wait for some of the other things in his life to cool off before I tell him the news? I am about 99% sure that he will eventually be just as excited as me but it will take him much much longer. When he told me about his sister he said it was the worst and best day of his life...so that gives me hope. Also I am worried he will think I did this on purpose so that he would be in my life, which is rediculous, because obviously he still is...just not as much as before. I am also worried about telling my parents, they will kill me! I am 22 years old so it's not like I am still a kid, but I have a year of college left and actually graduation is 2 weeks before my due date. I just need some advise on how to go about all this! THANKS!
September 27th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Star's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome!! congrats on your pregnancy!

I would probably tell the father as soon as you feel comfortable enough, especially if you think it will take him a while to warm up to the idea. But that is just my opinion... let us know how everything works out!

Thanks to mtdk454 for the beautiful siggie!!

September 27th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Veteran
First of all congrats on the pregnancy! I'm 21 (22 next month) 7 weeks pregnant due in May aswell.

I would tell the father sooner rather than later but when you are ready to do so. It makes things a lot easier on you and less stress for the baby.

I'm not with the father of my baby but we are really good friends. When I told him he was upset but was ok with whatever choice I wanted to make. Like your father to be, mine is going through lots of family issues and he is very ill himself... He told me he was glad I told him early, that he would rather know when I found out instead of several weeks down the road... I'm sure yours would feel the same way too.

</div>
September 28th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hello and Congratulations!

I would have to say.. from some serious experience to tell him sooner than later. You will feel better once its off your chest, and you never know how someone is going to react until you tell them! Congrats again and let us know how it all works out!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
October 4th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
You call your baby Nugget too?

Tell him when you think he could handle it the best way possible. Congrats!
October 4th, 2007, 10:01 PM
conley1988
I think news of baby is either at a bad moment or a good moment but you just got to tell him. The fact that he said good and bad about his sister is good though and should give you some hope! I am sure he will come around! Maybe give him something exciting even!
October 5th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
aww yay = ) Congrats! Don't sweat telling your parents/the father.. you sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders and it's going to be a little tough telling them, but it'll be just fine. (Actually building up the nerve to tell my parents was difficult.. despite being married, they always always always encouraged me NOT to have children young.. and I, unlike you, am just re-starting college as I've changed my major 3 times now. I definitely remember just how nervous I was going into that conversation.. whew.)

It's great that you're just about done with school. Much tougher to try and figure it out when you're half-way through, I'm sure. (I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. haha).

Mostly, congrats. In my opinion you should tell the dad as soon as you can. Might as well get it over with.. and give him even more time to get excited about it. (hey, it took my husband (who is 25) until my 7th month to get excited, and he found out when I found out.. so the sooner the better. hehe)

myspace

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search