Scared to Death!

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Regular
HI! I just found out that I am pregnant and due in May. This is a total surprise and I have no idea how to tell my parents or the father. The father is my newly ex boyfriend, we were together for over a year and he recently moved about 6 hours away for school so he didn't think it was fair to leave me hangin so he let me go Well, we are still best friends and see each other when we can, which of course is how this all came about. I have accepted the situation and I am actually feeling a lot better about it and I am kind of excited now, but I am posititve I will be the only one. My ex is going through a lot with his family right now which was another reason we split because he felt he couldn't give me the attention I needed with everything else going on. His aunt and grand dad are both very ill and his little sister is also having a baby, she is still in high school. SO...this brings me to my point...he already has so much stress I am wondering if I should wait for some of the other things in his life to cool off before I tell him the news? I am about 99% sure that he will eventually be just as excited as me but it will take him much much longer. When he told me about his sister he said it was the worst and best day of his life...so that gives me hope. Also I am worried he will think I did this on purpose so that he would be in my life, which is rediculous, because obviously he still is...just not as much as before. I am also worried about telling my parents, they will kill me! I am 22 years old so it's not like I am still a kid, but I have a year of college left and actually graduation is 2 weeks before my due date. I just need some advise on how to go about all this! THANKS!
September 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM and the unplanned pregnancy board & Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

If you and the father are still good friends I would tell him asap. The longer you wait the more it will seem like you have something to hide.

As for your parents I cannot offer good advice. I was so scared to tell mine myself I just sent them e-cards

Good luck! Let us know how everything goes.

September 27th, 2007, 09:12 AM
jhappy36's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jhappy36
<sup>

This sounds like a really hard situation for you though I am glad to hear that you are feeling more positive and thinking things will work out okay.

My thoughts are that Dad should know sooner than later. He may want the opportunity to prepare for having a child and to experience the pregnancy even if the two of you don't end up getting back together. That's just my thinking though.

I am sure that you will figure out what is right for you. You just have to do what is best for you and your baby and go from there!

Best wishes to you.....glad to see that you are posting and getting this stuff out! It stinks to feel alone for sure.

Jan

</sup>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search