Baby might be dead, need info

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2007, 11:03 AM

hi

Today I had an ultrasound (belly) and two nurses couldn't hear my baby's heart and they told me I was going through a miscarriage. The sack is normal and the baby's size too but the limbs aren't too developed yet.
I called my clinic and a doctor told me it was common not to hear the baby's heart that way and that if i wasn't bleeding, no cramping, etc.. and I had no vaginal ultrasound then I should not worry (and he read my tests on the computer and they returned normal).
On the internet I read that one of the signs is do I feel pregnant, I don't know!

Anybody had that happened before?? I have an vaginal ultrasound planned tonight at 6pm but I want to know if anybody has gone through this before me.

Thank you
October 1st, 2007, 11:44 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
How far along were you meant to be or do you think you are? sometimes people think they are further then they are and thats why there isnt a heartbeat. I would give up hope just yet though hun you might not be as far as you think

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

October 1st, 2007, 12:04 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I hope everything is okay.

Let us know when you get back from your u/s.

October 1st, 2007, 02:08 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to DeeTee Send a message via Yahoo to DeeTee
When I was given my first Ultrasound I thought I was about 8 weeks
and my ob dr talked to me they thought the baby had stopped
developing but she decided to give me another ultrasound Vaginal
this time and turns out the baby is fine it's just that my weeks were
off. Good Luck with your appt tonite.

October 1st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Quote:
When I was given my first Ultrasound I thought I was about 8 weeks
and my ob dr talked to me they thought the baby had stopped
developing but she decided to give me another ultrasound Vaginal
this time and turns out the baby is fine it's just that my weeks were
off. Good Luck with your appt tonite.[/b]
She says the baby's probably dead. I'm devastated. I am going to have a vaginal u/s with the father if he's ok, don't want to go alone.
October 1st, 2007, 04:34 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
how far along are you??? that would depend on whether you should hear the heartbeat..

October 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM
Quote:
how far along are you??? that would depend on whether you should hear the heartbeat..[/b]
10 weeks.
October 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM
Veteran
I went through the same thing, but I wasn't so far along. I was only 6 weeks and they told me that the baby was probably dead. I went back for anothe ultrasound 2 weeks later and they found the heartbeat and everything was developing normally.

When I went on to later give birth they tried to tell me that I wasn't overdue and that I was actually only 36 weeks or something as they were going by the first ultrasound. I fought with them and sure enough I was overdue which was obvious when she was born. When I got a utrasound done when I was overdue the ultrasound tech told me that the person who did my ultrasound was crazy because there was no way that it was a correct ultrasound. I think because they put that I was going to have an abortion (though I never said that) so the ultrasound tech just "guessed" her way

Anyways as you are further along then i was I cannot say it is the same for you. I hope so for your sake!!

October 1st, 2007, 07:44 PM
hope everything turned out okay.... HUGS!!!
October 1st, 2007, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Try not to freak out all the way until you know what is going on 100% With my first daughter they couldnt get a heart beat until i was about 15 weeks along unless they did the vaginal ultra sound. She is here today and healthy.... I hope for the best for you!! Please let us know whats going on... [/b]
I pray for my baby to be alive but how could they be wrong... she is a trained tech....
I am calling my clinic first thing in the morning.
I will ask for a vaginal ultrasound, just to be sure ( she did mine on the belly).
She didn't hear any heartbeat and said I was having a miscarriage. I said "are you sure" and she replied "yes, I am sure".

And you know, people were so nice with me before and all of the sudden they became so cold and distant, tossing medical terms at me like if we were talking about a dead puppy. Like if I had cancer or something nasty and contagious.
I understand they don't want to put any sugar coating but is that reason not to be human beings anymore? I don't care if she's a tech and that's what she does for a living, that's not the first child that she sees but that's MY baby she was talking about and I was expecting more respect for life.

So now what.. should I wait for a natural miscarriage..I don't know.. surgery ..? What if she is wrong? I know she's right.

Some people will tell you that a 10 weeks pregnancy is not a big loss, I will tell you that I'd give my life without a second thought to have my baby back.
October 2nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hun its possible not to hear it yet, I just saw a flickering of a heartbeat at that stage. I would schedule another doctor appointment. Good lcu!

Isabelle 24 Feb 07*Logan 20 Feb 08* Gabriel 8 June 12
Expecting the final addition 22 Feb 2014

October 2nd, 2007, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Hun its possible not to hear it yet, I just saw a flickering of a heartbeat at that stage. I would schedule another doctor appointment. Good lcu![/b]
I went to the clinic this morning and they told me the baby was dead. They want to "clean" my uterus tomorrow, I have an appointment scheduled. I don't know if I should accept or not. The idea of my baby getting cut into pieces, I can't stand it.
After all we have been through the father and I, I now want him to give me another baby, I know it won't happen.
I don't know where to start to get better.
October 2nd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to DeeTee Send a message via Yahoo to DeeTee
Aww im so sorry to hear about your loss. When
the time is right you will become pregnant again.

October 2nd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry.

October 2nd, 2007, 03:23 PM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Im so sorry. You will get pregnant in due time. You might want to talk to the ladies on the pregnancy loss board- not sure where its at - but its somewhere on here. I have heard that they are wonderful about helping you get past this difficult time. And dont let anyone tell you its not a big deal. It was a child, your child, and losing it no matter what time is hard.

October 2nd, 2007, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Im so sorry. You will get pregnant in due time. You might want to talk to the ladies on the pregnancy loss board- not sure where its at - but its somewhere on here. I have heard that they are wonderful about helping you get past this difficult time. And dont let anyone tell you its not a big deal. It was a child, your child, and losing it no matter what time is hard.[/b]
You know, it hit me a few hours ago. I can get pregnant again. I don't want to let go yet BUT I have to be strong and remember that some women cannot conceive at all. I am lucky that I had my baby for 10 weeks. This thought has been helping me a lot.

I am going to make a box with all my memories, u/s pictures, the notebook I had started to write for my baby, etc...

I wish you the best and I will remember this: a baby is a blessing, a gift from God.
October 3rd, 2007, 03:21 AM
CO Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry for your loss hun, you have such a positive outlook on it. Stay strong and if you need to talk we are here for you. Best wishes.

Isabelle 24 Feb 07*Logan 20 Feb 08* Gabriel 8 June 12
Expecting the final addition 22 Feb 2014

October 3rd, 2007, 08:35 AM
Regular
im so sorry for your loss! :hugs:
October 12th, 2007, 11:21 PM
dreemedayze's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via MSN to dreemedayze
Did they do another u/s? I can't imagine jumping to a D&C without a follow-up.

You need to find a doctor, a real doctor. Not just a clinic. Get a vaginal u/s. If you are going to m/c (or have a D&C) you need proper medical treatment. You need to be followed by an OBGYN, not just an u/s tech.

I hope they are wrong, and believe me, they can be. Please don't do anything sudden without seeking medical help from the appropriate doctor.

jamie

Due 09/07/09

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search