my update... can anyone shed some light?

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I am so freaking sick of this.

Thursday 20 Sept - faint BFP - first response dip stick
Thursday 20 Sept - BFN - first response mid stream
Saturday 22 Sept - BFP - discovery midstream
Sunday 23 Sept - BFN - clear blue dip stick
Sunday 23 Sept - BFN - discovery midstream
Sunday 23 Sept - period arrives

Thursday 4 Oct - BFP - quick stick midstream
Thursday 4 Oct - BFP - quick stick midstream
Thursday 4 Oct - ultrasound - nothing visible on vaginal or abdominal
Friday 5 Oct - BFP - quick stick midstream (a little fainter than y/day, but only to someone who is staring at them all hard out to try and notice a difference!)

What the heck do I think ladies?

I should be 5w5d today - so my ultrasound y/day was performed at 5w4d - considering that implantation happened around the normal time. My midwife said that my 'period' could have been implantation bleeding...

As far as symptoms go, weird cramps at times, slightly sore boobs, can't eat sushi (same with Gaby pregnancy), craving peanut butter on toast (same with Gaby pregnancy), sore back

Has anyone had a scan at 5w4d? Did you see anything either vaginally or abdominally?
Not seeing anything at 5w4d, what are the chances of seeing something at 7-8 weeks?

I haven't been for my blood test yet, I guess that, along with an ultrasound in the next couple of weeks is really the only way to know for sure?

has ANYONE experienced something like this???

October 4th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never TTC so I'm not much help, but, I DID see the baby on abdominal u/s at 8 weeks. Positive blood test at 5ish weeks

October 4th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Maybe you should go for a blood test tomorrow?

October 4th, 2007, 09:23 PM
conley1988
Well I am about 2-3 weeks post ovulation, in normal people about 4-5 weeks and they can't see anything. Actually until your HCG levels reach 2,000 no one can really see anything. I've had two u/s in the last two days and they could see nothing but the cyst form the ovary I got pregnant on and thickening of my endometreis.

Also, HCG levels do stay in your body for up to 8 weeks if you have lost the baby. Most docs tell you not to even test for pregnancy until after 8 weeks or until they have determined your levels are at 0.
October 4th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I didn't know that about the hcg levels needing to be at 2000!!!

I went and got a blood test done this arvo, and am going to go to my doctor (unbeknownst to my m/w) on Monday & get a test done through her, so i can see earlier what the hcg levels are doing. My m/w wanted me to wait until next friday. No thanks!!!!!

October 5th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Veteran
Could it potentially be a ectopic pregnancy? I just wonder because of the BFN and BFP coming and going

October 5th, 2007, 08:24 PM
conley1988
It could be. The best way to tell is have your HCG levels checked every couple of days for week at least.
October 6th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Grateful~Gentle~Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had lots of early ultrasounds. They saw a sac at the 5 week one, then a couple days later a sac and a yolk sac, then at 6 weeks they said there would be a heartbeat but there WASN'T so I had a repeat a couople days later and saw the HB and fetal pole. The first U/S where they saw the sac my HCG was a little over 700. They had told me they might not see anything unless it was 1000, but they saw the sac.

I have pics somewhere, if I can find them I will post.

I hope you are pregnant, I can tell you really want this, it must be awful to keep getting conflicting results! :-(

I will keep my fingers crossed that your BT comes out great!

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search