the girl who cried pregnancy

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2005, 11:06 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
[SIZE=1][COLOR=green]

hello everyone! i'm new, and a little nervous. ha. so if the boy cried wolf, i'm the girl who cried pregnancy. i definietly want children and a family, but would prefer to be married before i have kids. i'm not in as place in my life where i'm stable enough finacially to bring anyone into the world, and i recognize this, although if my cards happened to be dealt that way-- i'd be more than willing to make the necessary changes.

i've read through like 8 pages of all of these posts, and i don't want to be someone who posts the same question, and then never replies with an answer.

it seems as though far too often the odds are against me being pregnant, but i come online, secretly read through all of your posts, and then get myself all worked up.

anyway, the main question i just really was hoping everyone could post on is implantation bleeding. who had it, who didn't? i'm not sure if everyone experiences it or not. and i want TMI! lol. . . i really need as much detail as i can get out of it. from my understanding it takes place about the time when your pd is due ( 2 weeks after ovulation/conception ) and is a pinkish color. right?

i'm asking b/c in the past handful of days i have felt extremley different, including waking up a couple of times in the night feeling naseous. i was @ my nephew's ball game tonight and two different people were like 'geez, what are you pg?' which just fueled me more.

i'm on yasmin (pill) but have missed a few pills and can never manage to take them @ the same time of day it seems. my SO & i have sex nearly everyday and he never pulls out.

i have a hpt, but i don't want to take it b/c i have extremly light bleeding, and it seems as though i'm just getting myself worked up.

BUTTTTTT for future reference, and other lurkers, if you guys could go into extreme details of implantation bleeding, i'd love you forever.

-- oh, and i promise to check back in on you guys, and your posts won't go to waste =)

(sorry about the novel)

September 17th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
I had inplantation bleeding with Braxton... It was just a few spots of blood when I wiped.. And it was like a brownish color.. I asked the doctor what it was because I had just had a period not too long ago.. And he told me that it could be implantation bleeding.. And he was right...

And hon don't be afraid to ask questions... Even if someone else has asked the same one a thousand times.. Someone will answer.. These ladies in these groups are very nice women....
September 17th, 2005, 05:55 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I also had implantation bleeding. It was right at the time I should have gotten my period. It was like having a light period but only for 2 days. I really didn't bleed much at all. Although I thought it was my period because my period is never regular.

September 17th, 2005, 08:33 AM
momma06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to momma06 Send a message via Yahoo to momma06
I never had implantation bleeding just period like symptoms like cramping and everything which made me lay off taking a test for a week and a half. What I know though is that implantation bleeding shouldn't last very long.

September 17th, 2005, 09:56 AM
chlodoll
I barely had implanation bleeding. It was actually on the same day i took my preg test! and i noticed there was a pinkish blood in toilet and that was it! I dont think implantion bleeding last more than 2 or 3 days and it would be very light. If you have the test you mindswell give it a try. Or just wait it out a few more days and see if the bleeding gets any heavier.
September 17th, 2005, 11:04 AM
nat81
I think five days after ovulation would be about right for implantation. Of course, there are other things that can cause such a discharge.

Sometimes after intercourse, women spot such a small amount that the blood is old and brown by the time it reaches the outside. Also, hormone levels occasionally fluctuate just enough to release a bit of lining.
September 17th, 2005, 02:57 PM
hey guys! thanks for all your information! AF finally came today, fullforce. maternal instincts are flaring up every which way, as they have been for years now, so as much as i'd love to be pregnant, i'm okay with waiting.

i really love reading everyone's posts, so i think i may head over to the deciding to TTC board, ( i can't remember what it was called-- something similar) and flip flop around.

thanks so much!

September 18th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Thanks for updating us. I guess it just wasn't the right time but I wish you the best of luck in TTC!!

September 18th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had it, it happens two weeks after conception, it was just blood when i wiped for a day or so....I was really hoping it was my period, but of course it wasn't

September 18th, 2005, 02:13 PM
how did you guys realize that that wasn't your pd and was just implantation bleeding? especially if you were on b/c and your periods were normally light, and only for a couple of days. . .

September 18th, 2005, 06:11 PM
I never really realized I was preg. LOL
I was really sick and couldn't keep anything down for 3 weeks. I then told my husband that if I was still sick on Mon that I would go to the dr. (this was on Sun). I then went on webmd and all over the internet looking for causes of nausea and vomitting. Everywhere kept saying that pregnancy was a possiblility. I thought "well, I KNOW I'm not pregnant. But for some reason decided to take a pregnancy test that I had in my dresser. I though that I might as well take it since that is the first thing the dr. would probably do when I went on Mon. The test was positive I almost passed out in the bathroom then I ran outside and told my husband.

September 19th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had implantation bleeding, or even spotting, but many do, and it's ok. I pretty much knew I was pregnant before i'd even taken a test. I was having severe headaches (which BTW, I NEVER get, EVER!!) and I was severely nauseated as well, especially when I would try to eat someting. My breasts got very sore and tender, and I noticed a "full" feeling in my lower abdomen. I went thru what I thought was PMS, but then nothing happened. My cycle is like clockwork, so when I was just 1 day late, I knew something was up. I ended up waiting nearly a week after my anticipated period to take a test, and then I took 3, just to make sure. Good luck to you!

BTW, as I'm sure you've noticed on these boards, not all of us are going thru pregnancy with someone, and quite a few of us are "alone" - for lack of a better word. It can be done. Many of us never dreamed that we would be here at this point in our lives, but here we are. Just look for support and you will find it. Ask anything. And above all, don't be afraid - nobody is here to judge you.

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
September 20th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No implantation bleeding for me. I was extremly emotional and more angry then usual a week to 2 weeks after I had my normal period and then the next time it was due I was late and more late kept wishing for AF to show. And then in the back of my head kind of wishing it wouldn't and it didn't. I like reading new posts because I work 9 hours at a lobby desk. Basically all I do is entertain myself in a play pen, answer phones calls and regulate people who go into the building. So anything new to read and reply to is one less minute of boredom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search