B/C babies

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2005, 01:08 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey guys! i'm not pg, and i'm not in this situation. . . but i know lots of you out there have gotten pregnant while on BCP. i'm taking b/c (yasmin) and i always wonder what would happen if i got pregnant while taking it.

for those of you who have, i was curious what your SO/DH reactions were. . .if they were mad at you, or accused you of not taking them on purpose etc.

September 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyCoconut@Sep 18 2005, 03:08 PM
hey guys! i'm not pg, and i'm not in this situation. . . but i know lots of you out there have gotten pregnant while on BCP. i'm taking b/c (yasmin) and i always wonder what would happen if i got pregnant while taking it.

for those of you who have, i was curious what your SO/DH reactions were. . .if they were mad at you, or accused you of not taking them on purpose etc.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

We were surprised, it was my fault I missed one, but there was no blame placed, after all noone's perfect and who is to say if it was his responsibility to take it that he would always remember!

September 18th, 2005, 06:55 PM
nat81
I was on the pill and was on medication for an infected cold I had (amoxocillin) and it lessened the effectiveness of the pill... Anyway, my fiance wasn't mad at me since we weren't using any other form of B/C and knew there always was a very slim possibility of it happening.
September 19th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was on Diane bc i got pnemonia and had to take antibiotics.. 9 months later i have a baby girl.

her dad didnt take it well at all at first.
he tried to say he'd force me to have an abortion.. he loves her now though.

September 19th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Cyndee's Avatar Mommy to 3 tagalongs
Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndee
In April of 2004 I got put on Birth control for hormone reasons.. We had one child who was 5 at the time.. And decided that he was going to be an only child.. Because I had a hard time concieving and carrying a child... I got pg on the second day of the pill.. And at first my hubby didn't believe that I was pg... But when he went with me to the doctor and he confirmed it.. I think he was the happiest man in the world...
September 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on ortho tri cyclin lo...however its spelled. I ate something that didn't agree with my stomach and threw up, along with the pill. My boyfriend didn't accuse me of taking it. He remembered me getting sick and he remembered me taking the pill right after eating. I usually took the pill in front of him just because we live together. He was in shock at first when I showed him the test that said "pregnant" on it. At first he really wanted me to get an abortion. I cried and cried over it and told him I just couldn't do it. I wouldn't live with myself if I did. I seriously told him that if my baby had to die then I was going with him. He's accepted it now and wants his son very much. He smiles everytime he feels his little man kick. He didn't accuse me of getting pregnant but his father questioned it.

September 21st, 2005, 09:11 PM
*Sara*'s Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to *Sara*
I was on the Depo shot for 2 years and had my last shot in Dec. of last year because I was gaining alot of weight. So in March I started taking the pill, Estro Step. By April I was pregnant! I was really surprised because i've heard after being on the shot for so long it takes a while to get pregnant! I guess it was my fault though for missing a pill and for thinking that I wouldn't get pregnant by missing just one pill. The day I found out I remember feeling very sick and took a pregnancy test and to my surprise I was pregnant! My husband didn't take it very well. At first he was mad because it was unplanned and he told me it was my fault for not sticking with the depo shot. But he got over it and now he is excited to have the baby.

http://www.myspace.com/sara1129

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search