Why am I so fertile

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2007, 02:54 PM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
this is the second time I have gotten pregnant while using BC. I had gotten pregnant this summer but I made the decision to terminate the pregnacy for personal reasons. now here it is October and I'm pregnant once again while using birth control. what is wrong with me? I thought I was doing everything right,I don't want a child right now.

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
October 18th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
no one can answer that.. but I would think it safe to say that your birth control is not very effective. I would definitely suggest a switch in kinds (unless of course, you're not taking it consistantly enough).

Either way.. we're not here to judge.. but getting another abortion that close can pose serious health concerns. Plus I know that the more times you have an abortion, the less likely you'll be to ever have a child. You definitely want to consult a physician to find out the specifics (because I certainly don't know them).

Many women would kill for your problem..

If your BC isn't working properly or you aren't able to take your pills and the exact same time every day, I would suggest adding a condom into the mix or abstaining from sex until you're ready to have children. Let's face it.. when having sex.. it's always a possibility... no matter how careful you are.

For the record? I got pregnant on the pill, too. I was only 20.. and definitely didn't even want children ever, much less now. But I'm pretty ###### excited, despite the thought of having a child, a husband, a job full time, and school full time to deal with..

myspace
October 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Regular
I feel for you and what you're going through. I actually got pregnant without having intercourse. . .just a whole lot of sperm on the outside of my body in that general area. . .and I took the morning after pill too, thinking I was being neurotic and paranoid. SOMEHOW I conceived and am now 36 weeks pregnant.

We are fertile women, that's for sure. Have you thought about maybe keeping this one? Perhaps it is meant to be.
October 21st, 2007, 09:26 PM
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
I'm still in shock , I really don't know what to do. I don't want to go through the whole aborting thing again. The place I went to ended up leaving part of the placenta in me & I began to hemorrhage a few weeks later and had to get an Emergency D&C the whole experience was quit traumatic.

I just have so much going on, I don't know what to do. I'm getting married in the Summer which would actual be the month that I'm due(my due date is 7/4/08 and my wedding is 7/6/08) and I'm trying to change careers, relocate out of state,and finish school.

I just don't understand why??? so many people have slip ups and don't become pregnant and here I am protecting myself using BC and I get pregnant anyway.

October 22nd, 2007, 12:21 AM
irishxrose
The only thing I really can say is that these things happen for a reason. I wish I could help more, but I really don't know what to say. I kept my son when everyone around me was pushing for an abortion, and now he is the joy of my life, and helped me turn my life around. But it is your decision to make.

MAJOR and I hope everything turns out for the best.
October 22nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Regular
I wish you all the best, Karmaistru! I know you will make the right decision. A few questions:

Have you talked to your fiance? How does he feel about it? Would you ever consider adoption?

Finally, maybe don't rule out keeping the baby yet. My own current pregnancy was totally unplanned and unwanted. It happened at the worst possible time for me, and after I had known the father for only about two weeks. I considered both abortion and adoption very seriously. In truth, I have never wanted kids. But you know what? I decided to have this baby. Sometimes I look back and can't believe I made that decision. . .because this definitely was not the easy way out for me and I had to sacrifice a big dream of mine to do it. . .but I did. And I have had so much JOY in my life these past nine months. . .joy that I never would have expected. It has not been easy to say the least. But I have grown tremendously as a person (and I don't mean just in pounds!) and though I still have some regrets, I think I made the right choice.

Anyway, I know you have to make your own choice. . .I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
October 23rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
what does your fiance think about it?? How far are you into planning your wedding?? If you havent really gotten started yet- maybe you could change the date- if you do decide to keep this little one.... If you dont want it maybe you could look into adoption- it doesnt help with the wedding problem- but im sure that there is someone out there that would love to have this baby- if you cant handle it. I would put alot of thought into this!! because everything does happen for a reason!- my best friend got pg- and had an abortion- she never told anyone about it until a few months later- she got pg again.. It was a drunken oops.. but she realized- maybe im getting pg for a reason..

October 24th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I just don't know what to do. I haven't told Will yet, i'm still in stock. I know he will be upset but we would stick together on things,we're a team. The wedding is set for July 6th, the guests have already booked their rooms. i have a doctor's appointment next week to see just what the heck is going on with me. I'll keep everyone updated on what's going on

October 25th, 2007, 09:03 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there! I haven't posted in this forum in a long time. WHen I was pregnant last time (unfortunately I suffered a m/c) it was very unplanned and, I too, was on BC. i had an abortion when I was 17 (about 10 years earlier) and the way I always looked at it was that if you got PG once, it may have been a mistake or an oops or whatever... but if it happened again... maybe it was just meant to be? Perhaps you're just meant to be a mother at this point in your life. Maybe it's just "in the cards" for you!! lol. I don't mean to play down your dilemma at all. I understand the stress of first discovering an unwanted PG. Just take some time to consider that maybe that little baby that is just starting to sprout inside of you is meant to see your face one day!!!

Whatever decision you decide to make, it will be the right one for you.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do!!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
October 25th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I wouldn't say that you're very fertile, just obviously not careful enough. I'm not saying I was careful, because I wasn't, but I'm very happy about my pregnancy and I'm thankful for my child.

Many women pray for one baby and you've already been blessed with two. I suggest you re-think your priorities.
October 31st, 2007, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Jax
I really have to agree with mel here.. if you don't want to get pregnant.. don't have sex. Birth control comes in many forms... I do hope you have better luck planning in the future. I'm not trying to be harsh.. but getting pregnant twice now should be a hint that you're not doing something right. If birth control, for whatever reason, just isn't working for you.. then simply put.. don't have sex.

myspace
November 2nd, 2007, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
IM sorry that your going through this! My daughter was unplanned and i was on BC... But i have to say if you arent ready for children then maybe you shouldnt be having sex... I mean even thought my daughter was unplanned i was always taught that if you are having sex you could get pregnant so even though i was young when i was having sex i knew if i were to get pregnant i would accept my resposibilities. Luckily i wasnt too young!

Anyways I cant tell you what to do or what you should do but i think you should look at your life and whats important to you... is it a wedding or people canceling reservations .. or is it family? You can make "excuses" im not saying that in a bad way.. but thats what they are... i think you should really think about this!!

Also... is this your 3rd pregnancy? I know you said your second but when i was reviewing your profile you say IN may before (assuming since you say you had an abortion in the summer and it was written in may)...
"...we tell eachother everything and I know shes not going to be happy at all. she made me get an abortion last time..."
So if this would be your 3rd abortion i would talk to healthcare professionals about the risks of infertility!

Good Luck with your decision... and do whats best for you and be sure to be more careful!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
November 25th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Selene's Avatar Member
Quote:
I wouldn't say that you're very fertile, just obviously not careful enough. I'm not saying I was careful, because I wasn't, but I'm very happy about my pregnancy and I'm thankful for my child.

Many women pray for one baby and you've already been blessed with two. I suggest you re-think your priorities.[/b]

I agree with Mel as well.

What's the worst thing that could happen if you have your child?

Can you move the wedding up or after the baby is born. He/she can be part of that special day.

Abortions are a risk.

Consider condoms and the Family Awareness Method I believe they call it. Read the Bood, "Taking Charge of Your Fertiity".

Keep us updated.
December 1st, 2007, 02:37 AM
I haven't been keeping up with the post but in May I had an abortion and I had gotten pregnant when I was 19, I ended up miscarrying due to an blighted ovum (i think that's how you spell it)but this is not my 3rd abortion I would never do that to my body

I'm currently almost 12 weeks pregnant now, and still trying to get things together. I'm suppose to be happy but to be honest I'm not and I feel guilty because I'm not happy at all.
I feel like I'm failure. My fiancée is taking things way better than me he's actually happy about it. I feel bad because he wants to always rub my tummy and do sweet things yet I don't even want him to touch me anymore.

I just want to go up under a rock and stay there for the next 7 months. I hope I can get happy soon

December 1st, 2007, 08:33 AM
bprincess340's Avatar Veteran
It sounds as if you have decided to keep the baby?
I really do feel for you! Were you taking generic birth control pills, by any chance? I switched pills from Seasonique (omg that pill was absolutely horrible for me) back to a generic form of a different type of pill, and before they'd call in my prescription the nurse had to tell me all the risks of a generic pill, and how you are more likely to get pregnant on generic. I thought she was full of it, but here I am!!!! I am also about 12 weeks pregnant. If you are 12 weeks then are you due around the middle of June?
My pregnancy is making life extremely difficult, too. I actually feel better MUCH better about it now than I did at first. Hang in there. Your fiancee sounds like he is going to be great support to you!

http://filmsaboutghostsmo.blogspot.com/
December 1st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Selene's Avatar Member
Quote:
I haven't been keeping up with the post but in May I had an abortion and I had gotten pregnant when I was 19, I ended up miscarrying due to an blighted ovum (i think that's how you spell it)but this is not my 3rd abortion I would never do that to my body

I'm currently almost 12 weeks pregnant now, and still trying to get things together. I'm suppose to be happy but to be honest I'm not and I feel guilty because I'm not happy at all.
I feel like I'm failure. My fiancée is taking things way better than me he's actually happy about it. I feel bad because he wants to always rub my tummy and do sweet things yet I don't even want him to touch me anymore.

I just want to go up under a rock and stay there for the next 7 months. I hope I can get happy soon[/b]

It's okay not to feel happy about the pregnancy. It doesn't mean that once your child is born you won't nurture and love it. It may be that you need time to adjust to the pregnancy and the thought of being a Mom.

Can you think of any Pros to being pregnant. Your fiancee seems to be enjoying it, sounds like a Pro to me. Anything esle?
December 2nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
HelenA's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to HelenA Send a message via MSN to HelenA
I am another fertile girl here, my last two babies were BC babies (different types both times and absolutely taken and used properly and on time, no antibiotics, tylenol or anything to counteract it, in fact #3 we used BCP and condoms because DD2 was a mini pill baby). And it is TOTALLY ok not to be excited when you first find out. When I found out I was PG with #3 I sat and cried for hours, DH was totally ok with it, but I didn't want it. I was so done with being PG (My other two were 5 months old and 21 months old) I was totally done after #2, and DH was on the list for the big V, and we were using BC (again ). I suffer from hyperemesis and SPD in pregnancy so it really wasn't something I wanted to be doing with a baby and a toddler. TBH I didn't really warm to the idea until the 20 wk scan and we found out it was a boy, suddenly after 2 girls I let myself get excited.

December 2nd, 2007, 07:48 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No birth control is 100%. If there was such thing there wouldnt be such a thing as an unwanted pregnancy. I know of a few people that have 3 or more kids that were using BC, more than one type. I was told I was infertile, using condoms and still got pregnant. Can't fight nature.

December 2nd, 2007, 11:31 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I wish you the best of luck!!

December 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
mrsdismang
I agree with everyone in that you are doing something wrong if you are using BC and have gotten pregnant twice on it. Having a baby is not the worse thing that can happen. Is a wedding more important than another life? A LOT of people have gotten pregnant and had the baby when things weren't "just right" and they are just fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search