New Mommy

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2005, 01:16 AM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Hi Everyone,

My name is Holley, 26 years old, work for the Sheriff's office. DH (38) and I have been together for 7.5 years and married 2.5 of those years. He has a son that is 17 years of age. We had planned on waiting until "the time was right" before we had a baby. I was on weight watchers, lost 100 lbs and whamo prego. (After birth will be back on weight watchers to lose the weight I have gained.)

I am in my 25th (?) week and have had a pretty easy pregnancy. DH and I went to a bf class tonight, which was pretty interesting. Then I came to work. Thank you for the expense break down. That was pretty interesting. I have started buying diapers, when I see them on sale. I am being careful about over buying. I will probably wait till after my baby shower. I work with a lot of "older" ladies and they are all geared up to "spoil" me. (Plus this is the first grandbaby, great grandbaby/ great great grandbaby)

Any advice anyone can provide is greatly appreciated. One important inquiry, what type of breast pump does everyone have/ plan on using??

Ok, well as you can tell I haven’t been very busy so I’m posting and bored. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Holley (Pensacola)

September 21st, 2005, 08:46 AM
nat81
First of all congrats on your repgnancy and welcome to JM! I had also lost some weight before I became pregnant last year (not nearly as much as you... that's great by the way!) and well I'm getting back into shape. I find I'm kinda stuck now though because I'm still nursing 2 times a day and they say that it is difficult to lose weight when you're still breast feeding since you need more calories to produce your milk.

As for the type of pump I use, I have an electric pump made my First Years and I bought it at Wal Mart for just under 50$ Canadian. It works really well for me since I've been exclusively pumping and supplimenting with formula (DD wouldn't latch properly and has been bottle fed for a month now).

I hope this helps... keep us posted on your pregnancy !
September 21st, 2005, 01:48 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM and congrats! I had an evenflo pump from Walmart. I wasnt too happy with it so I dont reccomend an evenflo. I have heard that you can rent them from the hospital and they are the best ones you can get. Call the lactation nurse at the hospital you are delivering and see if she has any suggestions.

September 21st, 2005, 04:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for the great welcome to JM. Yes, my due date is Jan 4th. I did join the pink team under Jan. My mom is hoping for a baby on Jan 1 at 1230 am. LOL. I am hoping for a tax break. J/K!!!

I haven't heard good things about the Evenflo for long term use. I will be going back to work when DD is about 3 months old. Luckily with our scehdule though, my DH and I will only need a sitter for about 2 hours on the days that I work during the week. (I work 12 hours days so days off vary.)

I am seriously looking at the Medela breast pump. Everything I have heard about these have been outstanding.

Ok, I'm rambling. I haven't had much sleep today so I'm a little on the foggy headed side. I can't wait to get together with more people here. I'm not sure is anyone uses messengers or if you have a PM/ chat area but would love to "talk" with some others.

Holley
PS If you are ever interested. Weight Watchers also supplies breast feeding points. I am a true believer of WW. I had tried every diet known to man and this was the only one that really worked. I have been fortunate and have been able to work out this whole during my preg.

September 21st, 2005, 05:01 PM
BTW, these tickers are so cute. They are alittle scary though, they count down and show you how much time you don't have!!!!!!!!

Sorry, my overwhelm for the day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search