Tough Situation

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2005, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone. I'm new here. I'm 22 and just found out a few days ago that I'm about 6 weeks pregnant for the first time. Completely unexpected, total shock but now that the shock is wearing off my fiance and I are entering into the excited and happy phase even though I'm still a little scared. It's still a really difficult situation for a couple reasons. Number one, I'm a senior graduating from college in May and my due date is about a week after my graduation date. It's gonna make finals week and the my 9th month kinda even more crazy than it normally would be but I've worked really hard for 5 years for this degree I'm AM GETTING IT IN MAY!!! It CAN BE DONE! Second thing, my fiance is in the air force reserves and deployed right now. He is the most amazing man in the entire world and being as wonderful as I could have ever imagined...atleast as you can be by phone and emails! We were getting married in December anyway! Last year I had a fibroid tumor removed off of my uterus and I had endometriosis and my gyno had thought I might never conceive so with us being super careful and being on the pill, I guess one could say this really was God's plan. It's still a huge surprise and I worry how in the world I'm gonna balance a baby and starting grad school next year and the first year of marriage. I do know I"m really lucky compared to a lot of girls out there. I will have the support of Matt and he has the military insurance and he has a masters degree and a great job here at home so financially we'll be okay but still I guess I'm just worried, stressed, scared but also excited. I just wanted to say hello. My fiance comes home in 3 weeks and that should help to have him here near me!!!

September 21st, 2005, 11:49 AM
nat81
Congrats and welcome to JM! I had just finished university when i got pregnant but had 2 correspondance courses i needed to finish in order to get my degree. i was working full time and it was a little tough to get it done, so good luck to you! You can do it !
September 21st, 2005, 01:54 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! If I were you I would talk to your professors and tell them your situations. Maybe they can help you by possibly giving you projects to do over winter and spring break so that you are ahead of schedule so if you need to miss class it wont be as big of a deal. Also if you need to lower your class load I know if you are like 1 class short of grauation some schools will let you walk at graduation then take the last class over summer break. Good luck. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

Also maybe check out the May Playroom. Since they had thier babies in May I'm sure one of them had to be going to school. Maybe they have a suggestion for you.

September 21st, 2005, 06:22 PM
Thanks I appreciate it! I will look in there for advice and I'm also meeting with my academic advisor to go over my class load for the rest of the semester and next semester. I actually only have to 9 hours needed to graduate next semester which will only be 3 classes so it will be considerably less school work than I'm used to but I'm also going to see what she suggests in advance!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search