Mommy's reactions

Forum: Unplanned Pregnancy

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Unplanned Pregnancy LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2005, 10:19 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading about dad's reactions. What were each of ya'll reactions when you found out/ while you were pregnant?

When I found out I was shocked. Then reality set in and I was scared. I am into my 25th week and JUST NOW (emotionally) feeling pregnant. My sister has made plenty of comments that her and my mom act more excited then I do. I guess in a way it's true. I am scared to death.

What if the baby isn't healthy? (I have wonderful insurance)
What if something I have done causes problems with the baby? (Use to smoke, cut back then finally was able to quit recently.)
I work out all the time, what if I have damaged something???

I can't say that I lose sleep or anything but I will find myself getting very upset and very emotional when no one is around. (God forbid anyone see me cry)

I'm just curious as to how you feel/ felt during pregnancy.

Holley

September 22nd, 2005, 09:29 AM
nat81
I cried then he cried and we cried together! My fiance (then bf) and I had just started new jobs and were just getting started... After a while though I started getting excited.

As for worrying, I did my share... I had gone to an amusment park before I found out, I was also taking cough sirup but my doc told me that if anything would have happened I would have miscarried.

Well DD is almost 4 months now and pewrfectly healthy !
September 23rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bawled my eyes out. The first day was a haze, then when i told SO it was pretty intense, I cried a lot for a long time.

September 23rd, 2005, 11:44 AM
chlodoll
I did my test before work at the mall i get my coffee at in the morning so i had to be calm about it! I think i went outside, drank my coffee smoked like 5 cigarettes and than went to work. Figured i might aswell enjoy these last few since I will be quitting! haha I went to the doctor two days later to confirm and than the day later i finally told my fiancee! I felt disapointed in myself for not taking m birthcontrol well enough.
September 23rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
I cried and then called and told my best friend and then a day later decided to finally tell DH. Then two days later I cried because I cried to begin with...how could I not want my own child?

Even know, I don't feel as emotionally attached to this baby as I did to the first two...I'm coming around, but its taking time and I swear my kids are more excited than I am!
Mom to Becca 1/14/96, Sara 12/11/00 & our Suprise #3 blessing EDD 2/26/05.

September 23rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
I cried and then my fiance' (who's in Iraq and was on the phone) calmed me down by repeating over and over and over again, "I love you, I love you." That helped but there were a lot of tears and worries at first. Now I'm excited and happy but still fear and and doubt creep in there a little bit. Of course I'm only 6 1/2 weeks along so I have a ways to go in this pregnancy.

September 23rd, 2005, 01:26 PM
Sorry guys meant to put that I'm only about 5 1/2 weeks along

September 25th, 2005, 09:48 AM
oLawdImaMomma's Avatar Veteran
I totally flipped out and cried for about 2 hours and called my boyfriend at work crying and being hysterical pretty much lol i was REALLY shocked and freaking out because he will be in iraq the whole time and my family is 10 hours away and his is even further. i was just really scared about having to do this totally alone but now i am very excited about it
September 26th, 2005, 03:49 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
When I found out I took the test at work and my fiance was out side the bathroom, and i went out and just put it in his face and almost fell down, my knees went all jell-oie and i was laughing histerically saying i can't believe it wow oh wow

September 27th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had suspected I was pregnant for days. I made hints to my bf and he kind of ignored them. At the time he and I were living in the bottom portion of my moms two story house. I took the test and kind of just sat there in complete shock, hating my instincts for being right. I went into our room and just shoved it in my bf's face. Lol, it was so close to his eyes he couldn't read it. I was just weirded out. He started to make jokes as he does when he is nervous about something. I cried A LOT over the next few days because he kept saying we aren't ready we aren't ready over and over again. And I never cry and absolutly do not let people see me cry. But with pregnancy hormones it is out of my hands. I cried alot as the word abortion came up a lot. I am pro-life for myself so I didn't see this as an option. Now at 27 weeks along and seeing our son in 4D we are both happy and very excited for him to get here. Still scared sh**less. But happy none the less. And feeling him kick makes it all worth the tears and depression....

September 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Westywoman5's Avatar Veteran
I freaked out. My first thought was that I was told old to do this again. I'm not that many birthday candles from 40 and my DH is already over that. We're going to have 11 years between my youngest DD and this one.

I'm getting more used to the idea though.I may actually have another male in the house soon which is an exciting thought.
Sarah
September 28th, 2005, 08:54 PM
AnnikasMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to AnnikasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to AnnikasMommy
[quote]
We're going to have 11 years between my youngest DD and this one.

There will be 17 years between out baby girl and DH's son. My DH is only a few candles shy of 40 himself so it's been interesting.

September 28th, 2005, 09:31 PM
ibdancn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I suspected it for a few days, mainly because my chest was killing me and I was eating SO much. Then I went up to my parents' house and my dad saw me eating and said, "Geez, you pregnant or something?" So I went home and took a pregnancy test, then another, then another and all were positive.

I was just in total and complete shock cuz my DH and I were planning on waiting a few years, not a few days. I told him and he didn't believe me for awhile. I think our shock took us about a few weeks to get over. But we are soooo excited now!

Thank you Chelsea (marriedc) for my beautiful siggy

September 29th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Westywoman5's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by holley79+Sep 28 2005, 10:54 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Westywoman5
Quote:
@Sep 28 2005, 03:37 PM

We're going to have 11 years between my youngest DD and this one.
There will be 17 years between out baby girl and DH's son. My DH is only a few candles shy of 40 himself so it's been interesting.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote] There will be about 17 years between my oldest and this one. It does make it intresting, doesn't it? My oldest's reaction to the news,"Great at least we don't have to worry about them getting a divorce. We know for sure they're still having sex. " LoL I do not think I have seen my husband blush that much in years. B)
September 29th, 2005, 10:05 AM
xceptionalchic4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xceptionalchic4 Send a message via Yahoo to xceptionalchic4
Well I found out at the ER.. that was the last thing to come to my mind when I found out...I was shocked and happy at the same time because I thought I couldnt have kids... I mean theres nothing medical wrong with that I know of but Ive never gotten pregnant before.. and I wasnt really tring to prevent it before.... I told my mom(she was disappointed at first) then my best friend.. she was like what are u goign to do.. I was like IM KEEPING MY BABY DUH!!... she was happy for me though.. then I told SO.. all he said was I told u so...lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search